Best in State

The teams in Class A

Re: Best in State

Postby this-guy2 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:22 pm

d_fense wrote:Many people thought the best player in the state, from any class last year, was Ryan Smith from Wahpeton. He is playing as a true freshman this year at NDSU. Ryan stands 5'7" and 166lbs. Kuntz is plenty big enough to play some college ball somewhere.

He never said Kuntz was better then Smith. All he was doing was comparing Smith's size with Kuntz's. They both were 5'7" and 166 pounds their senior year. Thats all he was doing was saying that if smith is big enough to play college football then Kuntz is big enough to play college football. Not who was better....
this-guy2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:15 pm

this-guy2 wrote:
d_fense wrote:Many people thought the best player in the state, from any class last year, was Ryan Smith from Wahpeton. He is playing as a true freshman this year at NDSU. Ryan stands 5'7" and 166lbs. Kuntz is plenty big enough to play some college ball somewhere.

He never said Kuntz was better then Smith. All he was doing was comparing Smith's size with Kuntz's. They both were 5'7" and 166 pounds their senior year. Thats all he was doing was saying that if smith is big enough to play college football then Kuntz is big enough to play college football. Not who was better....

Why are you posting this? No one thought he said that Kuntz was better than Smith or vice versa. After d_fense brought Smith into the conversation, Winner-within asked if Kuntz was better than Smith, in which d_fense and ratman? responded no.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikes23 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:02 pm

sportsking wrote:Kuntz willnot play college ball. I believe he is getting a scholarship for gymnastics. He is really good at that too. But winnerwithin, you are looking for the all around athelete in football this?! I would have to put Jared Mack on the list! He leads the offense, can call his own plays at times, can audible, reads the defense well. Also, on defense he leads them there also. Being able to read both sides of the ball takes a lot of talent. Not sure if he is the best player, but definately 1 of the best.

How do you know that hes not going to play college ball?...and how would u know if hes getting a scholarship for gymnastics?... curious
vikes23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby yingyang » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:04 am

i have never seen kuntz, knudson, or Jon mack play but I have seen Jarad Mack play. He is too slow to be THE BEST PLAYER IN THE STATE. yes he knows the game and controlled a successful offense but not enough all around skill or speed to be the best.
yingyang
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SUFan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:26 am

a-simple-fan wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Kuntz, Rugby

100% agree!

Does anyone have any total stats on Kuntz for 2010 season, and his career??
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes23 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:56 am

SUFan wrote:
a-simple-fan wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Kuntz, Rugby

100% agree!

Does anyone have any total stats on Kuntz for 2010 season, and his career??

He had 1981 yards, 22 rushing tds, 1 punt return td, 1 kick return td for the 2010 season
vikes23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:02 pm

yingyang wrote:i have never seen kuntz, knudson, or Jon mack play but I have seen Jarad Mack play. He is too slow to be THE BEST PLAYER IN THE STATE. yes he knows the game and controlled a successful offense but not enough all around skill or speed to be the best.

He's a quarterback. You don't have to be fast. Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL, he can't run. So I suppose you think Vick is the best QB in the NFL.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby shooter! » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Indy5 wrote:
yingyang wrote:i have never seen kuntz, knudson, or Jon mack play but I have seen Jarad Mack play. He is too slow to be THE BEST PLAYER IN THE STATE. yes he knows the game and controlled a successful offense but not enough all around skill or speed to be the best.

He's a quarterback. You don't have to be fast. Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL, he can't run. So I suppose you think Vick is the best QB in the NFL.

tavaris jackson
shooter!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 pm

shooter! wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

tavaris jackson

Exactly proving my point. A crippled Favre (who I don't think is that great anyways) is better than Tavaris.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby shooter! » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 am

if you cant run a 4.3 in the 40 then you can't be the best in state
shooter!
NDPreps Starter

Postby winners&losers » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 am

Anyone want to tell me how "Jared Mack" played in the semi-final game? oh yeah...he had 6 INT's...
winners&losers

Postby Indy5 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:11 pm

shooter! wrote:if you cant run a 4.3 in the 40 then you can't be the best in state

So there isn't a single player in ND thats the best in the state?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby secondwind » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Top player in ND for all classes is Connor McGovern, Shanley, IMO. Full ride to U. of Missouri. Size, Quickness and Agility.
secondwind
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:54 pm

secondwind wrote:Top player in ND for all classes is Connor McGovern, Shanley, IMO. Full ride to U. of Missouri. Size, Quickness and Agility.

I agree. I was saying to him that there isn't a player in ND with 4.3 speed so apparently no one is best in the state based on his logic.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:21 pm

winners&losers wrote:Anyone want to tell me how "Jared Mack" played in the semi-final game? oh yeah...he had 6 INT's...

Dirty pool... :|
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby TDown » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:55 am

winner-within wrote:
winners&losers wrote:Anyone want to tell me how "Jared Mack" played in the semi-final game? oh yeah...he had 6 INT's...

Dirty pool... :|

He played great! What are you talking about?! Haha ya 6 picks for the "best qb" in the state isn't to impressive. But I'm sure it was his wide receivers fault like always hahahahahah nah jk chrest and robins are very good.
TDown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Could we please get back to the subject soon...it'd be appreciated
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:02 am

winner-within wrote:All around best Class A football player in the state.?????????

I love the fact that the shanley kid is headed south on a full ride...............but I'm talkin class A
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:43 am

I haven't seen Mack play this year, but Hansana looked like a stud yesterday. He was very elusive running the ball, and he threw a beautiful ball. He looked good throwing the ball on the run too. The one thing that I thought he did wrong was force the ball into coverage.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:10 pm

cubsfan wrote:I haven't seen Mack play this year, but Hansana looked like a stud yesterday. He was very elusive running the ball, and he threw a beautiful ball. He looked good throwing the ball on the run too. The one thing that I thought he did wrong was force the ball into coverage.

Kind of like Favre?.......
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby yingyang » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:47 pm

winner-within wrote:
sportsking wrote:Kuntz willnot play college ball. I believe he is getting a scholarship for gymnastics. He is really good at that too. But winnerwithin, you are looking for the all around athelete in football this?! I would have to put Jared Mack on the list! He leads the offense, can call his own plays at times, can audible, reads the defense well. Also, on defense he leads them there also. Being able to read both sides of the ball takes a lot of talent. Not sure if he is the best player, but definately 1 of the best.

Jared had come to my mind in the beginning....He may not play college Football either....or he may contribute somewhere in college, big time...Why? because he knows the sport inside and out....his dad has helped in this...his dad played four years at VC State....this scenario always helps a kid get thru the loops....

I went to college and roomed with Football players and wrestlers, I was a BBall player (didnt have FootBall or wrestling offered in high school).... we would go play Bball and they would try and kill me...Football mentality along with wrestler mentality makes for a fairly aggressive BBall player...hence Jared Mack (didint wrestle, but could have)............Yea, He gets my vote too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH funny joke
yingyang
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Kittelson and Kuntz are both at Minot State.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to A