Best in State

The teams in Class A

Best in State

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 pm

All around best Class A football player in the state.?????????
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Best in State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Kuntz, Rugby
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby a-simple-fan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Kuntz, Rugby

100% agree!
a-simple-fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby USA » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:24 am

Jon Mack, Velva
USA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:32 pm

USA wrote:Jon Mack, Velva

He might not even be the best on his team. I definitely wouldn't say best in the state.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby boomersooners12 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Eric Kuntz, Rugby
boomersooners12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby football_lives_on » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:04 pm

He wasn't the best player when he played Cavalier
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan40 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm

why does everyone thing kuntz is so unbelievably good? he got shut down by cavalier..i listened to the game on the radio and he got something like fifty yards on cavaliers starting team. hes an athlete but i dont know about the "best player" in the state hands down like everyone seems to think. just my opinion though.
ndsportsfan40
NDPreps Reserve

Postby slash » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:37 pm

karson knudtson from watford city the guy can do anything
slash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby boomersooners12 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:20 pm

ndsportsfan40 wrote:

why does everyone thing kuntz is so unbelievably good? he got shut down by cavalier..i listened to the game on the radio and he got something like fifty yards on cavaliers starting team. hes an athlete but i dont know about the "best player" in the state hands down like everyone seems to think. just my opinion though.

I was at that game, he had at least 140 yards against cavaliers starters and 2 touchdowns
boomersooners12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby winner-within » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:56 pm

boomersooners12 wrote:
ndsportsfan40 wrote:

I was at that game, he had at least 140 yards against cavaliers starters and 2 touchdowns

I was too...his yardage got him nothing....he is wiggly and slippery but is he the best football player in the state??

with this Topic I had set out to find an all utility type player...a coaches dream.....special teams...Offfense...defense.....kick...pass....read a D...see the QBs intensions....anticipate....tackle remember this is Tackle football......so once again "who can do it all" who is the best Football player????????
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby boomersooners12 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:19 pm

winner-within wrote:
boomersooners12 wrote:
ndsportsfan40 wrote:

I was too...his yardage got him nothing....he is wiggly and slippery but is he the best football player in the state??

with this Topic I had set out to find an all utility type player...a coaches dream.....special teams...Offfense...defense.....kick...pass....read a D...see the QBs intensions....anticipate....tackle remember this is Tackle football......so once again "who can do it all" who is the best Football player????????

I still have to go with Kuntz, I have been to a few of Rugbys games and this kid is a freak..hes an all state running back, field goal kicker, kick and punt returner, and hes a great corner who can lock up on anyone, make tackles in the backfield on outside run plays and make big hits on receivers..its just my opinion but overall Kuntz is the best football player in the state.
boomersooners12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby slugger4life » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Kuntz. Not only is he the best all around football player in the state, but he is the best all around ATHLETE in the state of north dakota. This guy does it all. Football, track, gymnastics! Heck even basketball! Amazing athlete that could have a college future in any sport he is in.
slugger4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby shooter? » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:59 pm

boomersooners12 wrote:
ndsportsfan40 wrote:

lets not be modest! he easily had 300 yards and 6 touchdowns!
shooter?
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:28 am

boomersooners12 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
boomersooners12 wrote:
ndsportsfan40 wrote:

I still have to go with Kuntz, I have been to a few of Rugbys games and this kid is a freak..hes an all state running back, field goal kicker, kick and punt returner, and hes a great corner who can lock up on anyone, make tackles in the backfield on outside run plays and make big hits on receivers..its just my opinion but overall Kuntz is the best football player in the state.

this is what I wanted to see, thank you....I have only seen him play that one night in Cavalier...I could sense some very good athleticism but he (or the team) weren't very productive on the scoreboard (thanks to the Tornadoes D)...He's not nearly big enough for college Football...Is he?
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:07 pm

winner-within wrote:He's not nearly big enough for college Football...Is he?

I believe I have heard he's what 5'8'' 185? thought I saw that somewhere. If so, he is plenty big for college football. You'd be amazed at the size of some players that play.

Plus, almost everyone freshman shoots up a bunch once they get on a college lifting program.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Many people thought the best player in the state, from any class last year, was Ryan Smith from Wahpeton. He is playing as a true freshman this year at NDSU. Ryan stands 5'7" and 166lbs. Kuntz is plenty big enough to play some college ball somewhere.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby slugger4life » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Kuntz is 5'8" 162..... Been to 4 of his games. Don't get me wrong the kid is strong and fast as heck but he will need to put on some weight once he gets to the college level, which he will.
slugger4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:20 pm

d_fense wrote:Many people thought the best player in the state, from any class last year, was Ryan Smith from Wahpeton. He is playing as a true freshman this year at NDSU. Ryan stands 5'7" and 166lbs. Kuntz is plenty big enough to play some college ball somewhere.

Is Kuntz better than Smith??
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Kuntz willnot play college ball. I believe he is getting a scholarship for gymnastics. He is really good at that too. But winnerwithin, you are looking for the all around athelete in football this?! I would have to put Jared Mack on the list! He leads the offense, can call his own plays at times, can audible, reads the defense well. Also, on defense he leads them there also. Being able to read both sides of the ball takes a lot of talent. Not sure if he is the best player, but definately 1 of the best.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:13 pm

sportsking wrote:Kuntz willnot play college ball. I believe he is getting a scholarship for gymnastics. He is really good at that too. But winnerwithin, you are looking for the all around athelete in football this?! I would have to put Jared Mack on the list! He leads the offense, can call his own plays at times, can audible, reads the defense well. Also, on defense he leads them there also. Being able to read both sides of the ball takes a lot of talent. Not sure if he is the best player, but definately 1 of the best.

Jared had come to my mind in the beginning....He may not play college Football either....or he may contribute somewhere in college, big time...Why? because he knows the sport inside and out....his dad has helped in this...his dad played four years at VC State....this scenario always helps a kid get thru the loops....

I went to college and roomed with Football players and wrestlers, I was a BBall player (didnt have FootBall or wrestling offered in high school).... we would go play Bball and they would try and kill me...Football mentality along with wrestler mentality makes for a fairly aggressive BBall player...hence Jared Mack (didint wrestle, but could have)............Yea, He gets my vote too.
Last edited by winner-within on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:55 pm

No, Kuntz is not better than Smith.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:42 am

d_fense wrote:No, Kuntz is not better than Smith.

Nope, I didnt think so.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Mullet » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:15 am

slash wrote:karson knudtson from watford city the guy can do anything

I agree. He does it all! How about Kittleson?
The Mullet
NDPreps Starter

Postby ratman? » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 am

winner-within wrote:
d_fense wrote:No, Kuntz is not better than Smith.

Nope, I didnt think so.

nope i dont believe so
ratman?
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to A