wc/ryan game

The teams in Class A

wc/ryan game

Postby region3dominates » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Is minot ryan better than everyone expected or did watford play down to the level of opposition?
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Re: wc/ryan game

Postby region3dominates » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:19 pm

i watched the game on bek and ryan looked pretty decent
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Bishop Ryan's defense is stout. The offense has had some problems so far though, as they were shutout against Velva, as well as Watford City.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Indy5 wrote:Bishop Ryan's defense is stout. The offense has had some problems so far though, as they were shutout against Velva, as well as Watford City.

New Offence
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
Indy5 wrote:Bishop Ryan's defense is stout. The offense has had some problems so far though, as they were shutout against Velva, as well as Watford City.

New Offence

Yeah I know that, and with that there will obviously be some early struggles. I'm sure they'll improve as the season goes on.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby triplebbb » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:41 pm

Ryan is OK and WC may not be as dominant.....WC is pretty small but very quick at the skill positions. Ryan runs the "pistol" with a long snap EVERY time and it hurt them at times with some bad snaps and one 4th and inches (no QB sneak). It was a hard hitting game with some questionable 1st half calls (both ways). plenty of yardage for both teams but very few points. WC will have their hands full with Killdeer on Friday!!
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:15 pm

triplebbb wrote:Ryan is OK and WC may not be as dominant.....WC is pretty small but very quick at the skill positions. Ryan runs the "pistol" with a long snap EVERY time and it hurt them at times with some bad snaps and one 4th and inches (no QB sneak). It was a hard hitting game with some questionable 1st half calls (both ways). plenty of yardage for both teams but very few points. WC will have their hands full with Killdeer on Friday!!

The pistol isn't that long of a snap. It's only about 3 yards instead of around 5, so if you consider the time for the QB to get to the back, you really don't lose much time. But, you are right that they had some trouble with snaps.

As for penalties, I won't get into that. The only noticeable thing to me was picking up the flag, which allowed the only touchdown of the game.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ABCD » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Indy5 wrote:
triplebbb wrote:Ryan is OK and WC may not be as dominant.....WC is pretty small but very quick at the skill positions. Ryan runs the "pistol" with a long snap EVERY time and it hurt them at times with some bad snaps and one 4th and inches (no QB sneak). It was a hard hitting game with some questionable 1st half calls (both ways). plenty of yardage for both teams but very few points. WC will have their hands full with Killdeer on Friday!!

The pistol isn't that long of a snap. It's only about 3 yards instead of around 5, so if you consider the time for the QB to get to the back, you really don't lose much time. But, you are right that they had some trouble with snaps.

As for penalties, I won't get into that. The only noticeable thing to me was picking up the flag, which allowed the only touchdown of the game.

The reason the flag was picked up was because it was a pass play and WC had an illegal man down field, however the QB didn't throw the pass he ran it. The official should of waited until the QB threw the ball, however he never did. It was the right decision to pick up the flag.
ABCD
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A