Top defense in the state?

The teams in Class A

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby fanofeverything » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:48 am

winner-within wrote:
thewanderer[b] wrote:i think the west will dominate in the playoffs[/b]. cavalier, the only team even close in the east, will survive until they run into some defense. superior coaching in programs like Velva, WC, etc. will shut down the passsing offense of Cav. the weather also will come into play late in the season in ND unless they make it to the championship that is played inside. time will tell. jmho


Dominate who (the west) Unless I am wrong (which is rarely, :) ) West don't meet East till the Dome, right?? so west dominates west??....Cavalier (and I am not saying they will dominate) has the Coaches and coordinator's this season....the nucleus is the experience on the field (lot a football above the shoulders) on this team...they will be tough to beat.



This statement makes me laugh. Not because its not true because I am sure it is, but because it implies No other teams have this. LOL. Velva is returning all the skill positions and most of the team from last years "STATE CHAMPS" team and they are better than last year. (Lots of "above the shoulder" football here) And I am not 100% on this but I don't know if Watford lost anyone worth talking about this year either. Watford looks like a better team this year than last as well. I am not saying Cavalier isn't a great team, because they are, but until the east shows something I am not convinced. I pick the winner of the Velva Watford semi final to win state and CONVINCINGLY!
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby winner-within » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 am

fanofeverything wrote:
winner-within wrote:
thewanderer[b] wrote:i think the west will dominate in the playoffs[/b]. cavalier, the only team even close in the east, will survive until they run into some defense. superior coaching in programs like Velva, WC, etc. will shut down the passsing offense of Cav. the weather also will come into play late in the season in ND unless they make it to the championship that is played inside. time will tell. jmho


Dominate who (the west) Unless I am wrong (which is rarely, :) ) West don't meet East till the Dome, right?? so west dominates west??....Cavalier (and I am not saying they will dominate) has the Coaches and coordinator's this season....the nucleus is the experience on the field (lot a football above the shoulders) on this team...they will be tough to beat.



This statement makes me laugh. Not because its not true because I am sure it is, but because it implies No other teams have this. LOL. Velva is returning all the skill positions and most of the team from last years "STATE CHAMPS" team and they are better than last year. (Lots of "above the shoulder" football here) And I am not 100% on this but I don't know if Watford lost anyone worth talking about this year either. Watford looks like a better team this year than last as well. I am not saying Cavalier isn't a great team, because they are, but until the east shows something I am not convinced. I pick the winner of the Velva Watford semi final to win state and CONVINCINGLY!


With 12 seniors, does it really make you laugh??....that wasn't my intention! whats funny is you wont pick a winner of Velva and Watford....I pick Watford by 2 touchdowns
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4098
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby fanofeverything » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:21 am

winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
winner-within wrote:
thewanderer[b] wrote:i think the west will dominate in the playoffs[/b]. cavalier, the only team even close in the east, will survive until they run into some defense. superior coaching in programs like Velva, WC, etc. will shut down the passsing offense of Cav. the weather also will come into play late in the season in ND unless they make it to the championship that is played inside. time will tell. jmho


Dominate who (the west) Unless I am wrong (which is rarely, :) ) West don't meet East till the Dome, right?? so west dominates west??....Cavalier (and I am not saying they will dominate) has the Coaches and coordinator's this season....the nucleus is the experience on the field (lot a football above the shoulders) on this team...they will be tough to beat.



This statement makes me laugh. Not because its not true because I am sure it is, but because it implies No other teams have this. LOL. Velva is returning all the skill positions and most of the team from last years "STATE CHAMPS" team and they are better than last year. (Lots of "above the shoulder" football here) And I am not 100% on this but I don't know if Watford lost anyone worth talking about this year either. Watford looks like a better team this year than last as well. I am not saying Cavalier isn't a great team, because they are, but until the east shows something I am not convinced. I pick the winner of the Velva Watford semi final to win state and CONVINCINGLY!


With 12 seniors, does it really make you laugh??....that wasn't my intention! whats funny is you wont pick a winner of Velva and Watford....I pick Watford by 2 touchdowns


WOW you don't interpret very well. I wasn't laughing at Cavalier having it, I was laughing at you implying that they were the only ones. And it's not that I won't pick a winner of the Watford/Velva game. I am originally from Velva ( a long time ago) so I won't pick against them, but what I was saying is that either of these two teams would beat Cavalier in the title game, but you better worry about NP and Linton first!
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby slugger4life » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:40 am

winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I think there are TWO SOLID Defenses in Class A football this year:

1. Velva - you can't go wrong with a team defense that hasn't given up points yet this year.
2. Watford City




I think you have to say 3. Cavalier needs to be in this conversation. We will never really know who's is the best until the line up against each other. I think a Velva vs Watford semi could be one of the best games in Class A history. Cavalier looks to be the favorite out east so either way it is going to be one of the best Class A semi's and Championships in recent memory and maybe ever.


Well Cav should a been there last year...they easily had the most talent in the east, they lost composure ....Preparation is the name of the game from here on out....and if Defense wins championships than Velva is the favorite...and we know they will be prepared...Linton owes the Tornadoes one, problem is, is the Tornadoes are tougher than they were last year, I dont think a person could say the same for Linton. I think watford gets pay back on Velva and comes in from the west as Champs...and it will be the Offense from Cav that will be the ending factor of Class A this year.


The "Well Cav should a been there last year...they easily had the most talent in the east" is a false statement. North Prairie humiliated them TWICE last year. If you have the most talent then you don't lose games like that.
slugger4life
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:45 am

winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I think there are TWO SOLID Defenses in Class A football this year:

1. Velva - you can't go wrong with a team defense that hasn't given up points yet this year.
2. Watford City




I think you have to say 3. Cavalier needs to be in this conversation. We will never really know who's is the best until the line up against each other. I think a Velva vs Watford semi could be one of the best games in Class A history. Cavalier looks to be the favorite out east so either way it is going to be one of the best Class A semi's and Championships in recent memory and maybe ever.


Well Cav should a been there last year...they easily had the most talent in the east, they lost composure ....Preparation is the name of the game from here on out....and if Defense wins championships than Velva is the favorite...and we know they will be prepared...Linton owes the Tornadoes one, problem is, is the Tornadoes are tougher than they were last year, I dont think a person could say the same for Linton. I think watford gets pay back on Velva and comes in from the west as Champs...and it will be the Offense from Cav that will be the ending factor of Class A this year.


How can you say they had the most talent in the east when they were the 4 seed in there region?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby fanofeverything » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:49 am

slugger4life wrote:
winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I think there are TWO SOLID Defenses in Class A football this year:


The "Well Cav should a been there last year...they easily had the most talent in the east" is a false statement. North Prairie humiliated them TWICE last year. If you have the most talent then you don't lose games like that.



Maybe Cavalier has the most talent last year, maybe they do this year. Best Talent does not equal Best Team. winner-within is from Cavalier, slugger must be from NP and I am from Velva originally. We are all biased. There is no reason to get mean or be pricks. This is why they play the games. We as fans won't be winning or losing for them. And for the record I don't think Velva has had the most talented team in the state in most of their championships, but they had the best team.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby winner-within » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:45 am

fanofeverything wrote:
slugger4life wrote:
winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I think there are TWO SOLID Defenses in Class A football this year:


The "Well Cav should a been there last year...they easily had the most talent in the east" is a false statement. North Prairie humiliated them TWICE last year. If you have the most talent then you don't lose games like that.



Maybe Cavalier has the most talent last year, maybe they do this year. Best Talent does not equal Best Team. winner-within is from Cavalier, slugger must be from NP and I am from Velva originally. We are all biased. There is no reason to get mean or be pricks. This is why they play the games. We as fans won't be winning or losing for them. And for the record I don't think Velva has had the most talented team in the state in most of their championships, but they had the best team.


And the best coach.
I agree....Talent only wins games when you bring your heart with you.......dont let the weather knock you down, dont let your mind get in the way, just dial in and play the game.
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4098
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby USA » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:45 pm

winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I think there are TWO SOLID Defenses in Class A football this year:

1. Velva - you can't go wrong with a team defense that hasn't given up points yet this year.
2. Watford City



If Velva hasn't given up a point yet...then they are way more than solid...their elite....unheard of.
Class A has some solid defenses....Cavalier is one of them.

Let's take a look at the points WC has given up this year. The touchdown to Staney was WC's jv defense against stanley's varsity offense. If you want to count the 6 points to Standing Rock, the varsity didn't even play in that game, it was scheduled as a jv game. There is no doubt in my mind that killdeer would score on Velva as well, they are a very good team, not sure on the bracketing but if killdeer and velva met up in the quarters velva MUST come with their A game and i wouldn't be suprised at all if killdeer were to beat them, killdeer is no joke. Then they shut out Heart River, Hazen, and Grant Co. 3 weeks in a row. Who are all respectable teams, but i believe velva would shut them out as well. Don't get me wrong, velva has a great defense as well as Watford. if they were to meet up it would be a game for the ages.
USA
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby IplayforHim » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:49 pm

winner-within wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I think there are TWO SOLID Defenses in Class A football this year:

1. Velva - you can't go wrong with a team defense that hasn't given up points yet this year.
2. Watford City




I think you have to say 3. Cavalier needs to be in this conversation. We will never really know who's is the best until the line up against each other. I think a Velva vs Watford semi could be one of the best games in Class A history. Cavalier looks to be the favorite out east so either way it is going to be one of the best Class A semi's and Championships in recent memory and maybe ever.


Well Cav should a been there last year...they easily had the most talent in the east, they lost composure ....Preparation is the name of the game from here on out....and if Defense wins championships than Velva is the favorite...and we know they will be prepared...Linton owes the Tornadoes one, problem is, is the Tornadoes are tougher than they were last year, I dont think a person could say the same for Linton. I think watford gets pay back on Velva and comes in from the west as Champs...and it will be the Offense from Cav that will be the ending factor of Class A this year.

Honestly, i would say linton is better this year than last year.. their running game is more developed this year, their line is just as good running the ball as last year and they give lintons QB some good time to throw the ball unlike last year.. they have been dealing with injuries latly, but the way it sounds everybody should be back and 100% for playoffs.. i will admit though, they are lacking depth.
IplayforHim
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby fanofeverything » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:42 am

USA wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I think there are TWO SOLID Defenses in Class A football this year:

1. Velva - you can't go wrong with a team defense that hasn't given up points yet this year.
2. Watford City



If Velva hasn't given up a point yet...then they are way more than solid...their elite....unheard of.
Class A has some solid defenses....Cavalier is one of them.

Let's take a look at the points WC has given up this year. The touchdown to Staney was WC's jv defense against stanley's varsity offense. If you want to count the 6 points to Standing Rock, the varsity didn't even play in that game, it was scheduled as a jv game. There is no doubt in my mind that killdeer would score on Velva as well, they are a very good team, not sure on the bracketing but if killdeer and velva met up in the quarters velva MUST come with their A game and i wouldn't be suprised at all if killdeer were to beat them, killdeer is no joke. Then they shut out Heart River, Hazen, and Grant Co. 3 weeks in a row. Who are all respectable teams, but i believe velva would shut them out as well. Don't get me wrong, velva has a great defense as well as Watford. if they were to meet up it would be a game for the ages.



I never said Watford didn't have a great defense or that Velva was better because they haven't given up any points. All I ever said was Watford, Velva and Cavalier are the defensive class of A football this year. I also never said anything about Killdeer. I have no doubts that Killdeer could beat Velva, Watford or Cavalier if Killdeer plays a good game and these teams are off, but lets look at the way things will shake out for them. Kildeer is going to have a tough task in beating either Watford or Velva in the playoffs based on one thing alone and that is they will be on the road. And as far as bringing their A game. I can only think of 2 times in the last 13 years in the playoffs where Velva forgot their A game and in my opinion lost both times to a Better team. Those were Killdeer in 98 @ Killdeer. I played in this game and it is not one of my proudest moments of Aggie Football, but I believe Killdeer was quite a bit the better team and we helped them out to boot by playing pretty poorly. That is what being on the road can do to you. The other time was 08 vs Harvey in the Semis @ the Dome in Minot. Again I think Harvey was quite a bit the better team. Velva played a great game in the regular season to get the win and Harvey was off. In the semis Harvey brought it with vengance and was totally dominate. Coach Sandy always has them ready to play and at home they are tough to beat. I have a question also to anyone out there who knows. If Watford and Velva meet in the semis and are both undefeated and #1 from their Region where is the game? I believe this was the scenario last year and the game was in Velva due to each region wins the tie breaker in even or odd years. If this is the case will the game be in Watford this year?
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby USA » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 am

fanofeverything wrote:
USA wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I think there are TWO SOLID Defenses in Class A football this year:

1. Velva - you can't go wrong with a team defense that hasn't given up points yet this year.
2. Watford City



If Velva hasn't given up a point yet...then they are way more than solid...their elite....unheard of.
Class A has some solid defenses....Cavalier is one of them.

Let's take a look at the points WC has given up this year. The touchdown to Staney was WC's jv defense against stanley's varsity offense. If you want to count the 6 points to Standing Rock, the varsity didn't even play in that game, it was scheduled as a jv game. There is no doubt in my mind that killdeer would score on Velva as well, they are a very good team, not sure on the bracketing but if killdeer and velva met up in the quarters velva MUST come with their A game and i wouldn't be suprised at all if killdeer were to beat them, killdeer is no joke. Then they shut out Heart River, Hazen, and Grant Co. 3 weeks in a row. Who are all respectable teams, but i believe velva would shut them out as well. Don't get me wrong, velva has a great defense as well as Watford. if they were to meet up it would be a game for the ages.



I never said Watford didn't have a great defense or that Velva was better because they haven't given up any points. All I ever said was Watford, Velva and Cavalier are the defensive class of A football this year. I also never said anything about Killdeer. I have no doubts that Killdeer could beat Velva, Watford or Cavalier if Killdeer plays a good game and these teams are off, but lets look at the way things will shake out for them. Kildeer is going to have a tough task in beating either Watford or Velva in the playoffs based on one thing alone and that is they will be on the road. And as far as bringing their A game. I can only think of 2 times in the last 13 years in the playoffs where Velva forgot their A game and in my opinion lost both times to a Better team. Those were Killdeer in 98 @ Killdeer. I played in this game and it is not one of my proudest moments of Aggie Football, but I believe Killdeer was quite a bit the better team and we helped them out to boot by playing pretty poorly. That is what being on the road can do to you. The other time was 08 vs Harvey in the Semis @ the Dome in Minot. Again I think Harvey was quite a bit the better team. Velva played a great game in the regular season to get the win and Harvey was off. In the semis Harvey brought it with vengance and was totally dominate. Coach Sandy always has them ready to play and at home they are tough to beat. I have a question also to anyone out there who knows. If Watford and Velva meet in the semis and are both undefeated and #1 from their Region where is the game? I believe this was the scenario last year and the game was in Velva due to each region wins the tie breaker in even or odd years. If this is the case will the game be in Watford this year?

I know that, just stating some facts. I believe the game would be in Watford.
USA
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby triplebbb » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:26 pm

if like seeds meet in the playoffs it goes to the odd numbered region in odd years and the even numbered region in even years..thus 09 in velva and if they should meet it will be in WC.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby region3dominates » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:48 pm

The last few times that teams have bragged about "nobody can stop our run game or nobody can stop our passing game" they met velva in the championship and did do anything against them. Velva can stop the run and the pass and in all but one game (ryan) the jv has held up the 0 on the board for the other team for at least a half against the other teams starters so that has to say something for velva. I can't comment on cavalier because i have not seen them play according to scores that i have seen they must be pretty good but i can't say great. As for watford city what can you say they always bring the thunder hard hitting and aggressive the game in the semis no matter who plays it will be good possibly epic depends on if there are no upsets and upsets do happen and that is why they play the games. But in my humble opinion Velva does have the best defense in the state. they hit hard they are aggressive and very fast most teams won't be able to pass on them cause the qb won't have time to throw the ball and running the velva team is the best i've seen at gang tackling it's amazing to see you hardly ever see just one person taking down the runner or reciever it's usually 4 or 5 guys and all hitting hard.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:22 am

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:27 pm

really when you think about it we have 5 teams that are undefeated in the top five. all the teams must be good, they score more then they give up. Thats how you win games. And the team that does that the most will win the championship this year. We all have our favs. You really can't compare these teams until next week when Havey and Velva play, but the top four you can't. We'll have to wait until the games are played.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby Indy5 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:34 pm

fanofeverything wrote: The other time was 08 vs Harvey in the Semis @ the Dome in Minot. Again I think Harvey was quite a bit the better team.

First off, the dome in Minot is only used for basketball. Never been a football game in there. Maybe you mean at Herb Parker Stadium beside the Dome, in which case, why were Velva and Harvey playing there? Neither have anything to do with Minot.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:41 pm

The only landmark that anyone not from Minot knows is the dome. Fanofeverything knows they don't play in it. The game was played in Minot, (by the dome) because field conditions in Velva were not playable. Velva, as the higher seed was not about to play in Harvey, so they moved the game to Minot.
d_fense
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby A-Fanatic » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:27 am

Velva and Watford sure are getting a lot of attention in this thread and rightfully so. I think the only team in the west that could honestly compete with either of these teams this year is Killdeer. I saw a comment in here that says Velva better bring their "A" game if they play Killdeer in the playoffs. Well that may be true but what should Killdeer bring? Their waterboy? You know when you step on the field that Velva and Watford always bring their "A" game so who ever they meet in the playoffs better do the same or they'll be turning in their equipment on Monday. I know Killdeer is a good team lost to Watford 15-6 or something like that so they are no joke and I'm sure if it comes down to that Velva will be ready for them. Another team that could pose a threat is Harvey. They've struggled some this year but they have strong tradition and a lot of playoff experience. They could surprise somebody yet as well.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:20 am

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby fanofeverything » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:28 am

Yes it was Herb Parker stadium next to the dome. I grew up and lived in the Minot area for 23 years. I also attended a semester of college @ MSU before transferring to UND. I was making it easily identifiable to anyone not from the area where the game was. There was several feet of snow in the great blizzard of the thursday before opening day of deer season in 08. Velva didn't have the equipment to get the field ready to play so they moved the game to Minot. (Closest useable field) And thats not even the point. I was stating that was a game when Velva didn't bring their A game, but at the same time Harvey was the better team. As Far as Kildeer and Harvey, I certainly think these two could match up in the semis instead of Velva and Watford, thats why they play the games. Right now and until something happens Velva and Watford are the favorites to be there. This in no way means both or either of them will be there, they still have to show up and play on top of their games to beat Both of these teams. Could be interesting 2nd round matchups with Velva - Killdeer and Watford - Harvey. Should be some good A football playoff games.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 pm

And thats not even the point. I was stating that was a game when Velva didn't bring their A game, but at the same time Harvey was the better team.

I believe that Velva couldn't bring they A game due to the field conditions, they were little and fast, you were big, big won on the ice because fast just splipped I do believe. But it doesn't really matter anymore does it.
Just thought you were taking a cheap shot.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby fanofeverything » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:53 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:And thats not even the point. I was stating that was a game when Velva didn't bring their A game, but at the same time Harvey was the better team.

I believe that Velva couldn't bring they A game due to the field conditions, they were little and fast, you were big, big won on the ice because fast just splipped I do believe. But it doesn't really matter anymore does it.
Just thought you were taking a cheap shot.


Who are you talking to? Me? Taking a cheap shot at Velva? I am from Velva originally. I played FB for the aggies. And yes the field definitely played a huge factor in that game, but having seen both teams play quite a few times that year, I think Harvey was the better team. Velva was the better team on the field in the regular season, but Harvey got out of it early and didn't show up. I think in 08 on a nuetral field Harvey wins 6/10 and velva 4/10. Just an opinion and Harvey was the State Champs so its hard to argue.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby fanofeverything » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:08 pm

I am biased to Velva or course, but it doesn't mean I am not objective. Maybe when I played I couldn't be or maybe if I was a parent of a kid who plays I couldn't be, but I have no ties to the school anymore except it is where I played and where I lived. I still have family there and if any of my cousins, neices, nephews ever grow up and play I will then probably not be objective. Right now I can look from the outside and give a pretty clear view of what I think. Now I am not going to pick against my alma matter unless they give me good reason to, but when I see a team outplay them, or are better I can admit it. This year Watford, Cavalier, Harvey, Linton, NP, Killdeer and any other team can step up and beat the Aggies, but they are the favorite in my book until someone shows me otherwise!
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:19 pm

fanofeverything wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:And thats not even the point. I was stating that was a game when Velva didn't bring their A game, but at the same time Harvey was the better team.

I believe that Velva couldn't bring they A game due to the field conditions, they were little and fast, you were big, big won on the ice because fast just splipped I do believe. But it doesn't really matter anymore does it.
Just thought you were taking a cheap shot.


Who are you talking to? Me? Taking a cheap shot at Velva? I am from Velva originally. I played FB for the aggies. And yes the field definitely played a huge factor in that game, but having seen both teams play quite a few times that year, I think Harvey was the better team. Velva was the better team on the field in the regular season, but Harvey got out of it early and didn't show up. I think in 08 on a nuetral field Harvey wins 6/10 and velva 4/10. Just an opinion and Harvey was the State Champs so its hard to argue.


You went and watched Harvey play other teams beside Velva? or just the two times they played. tell the truth.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby fanofeverything » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:40 pm

I was working between Harvey and Carrington at the time I saw 2 other Harvey games. Funny part now that you mention it the only 2 game I saw Velva play was the two vs Harvey that year.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby fanofeverything » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:03 pm

So maybe I don't have enough to accurately make my statements. Just an opinion. Like I said Harvey was the state champs in 08 so its just hard to argue velva was the better team. I understand the semi game was catered more to Harvey and there pound it up the middle run game, but thats the way it goes I guess!
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Top defense in the state?

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:06 am

Velva gave up points tonight (47-7 win over DL-B)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10963
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest