Region 1

The teams in Class A

Region 1

Postby SUFan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:05 pm

How does everyone feel about the region this year. quite a few teams lost a lot of seniors... is the region up in the air or is there an obvious favorite??
SUFan
NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 1

Postby BigNorsk » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:29 am

Which is Region 1? The East or the West?
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:20 am

BigNorsk wrote:Which is Region 1? The East or the West?

South East
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigboyd » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:33 am

What teams are in Region 1?
bigboyd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:52 am

bigboyd wrote:What teams are in Region 1?

Enderlin/Maple Valley
Griggs Co. Central
LLM
Linton/HMB
Mayport-CG
North Sargent/Milnor
Northern Cass
Oakes
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 am

SUFan wrote:How does everyone feel about the region this year. quite a few teams lost a lot of seniors... is the region up in the air or is there an obvious favorite??

You will see the same four teams at the top of the region again this year.

Linton and Oakes remain Salty, Lamoure and Maple Valley can put some good talent on the field but are not deep. Milnor/NS could creep into a playoff spot. Griggs/Barnes Loses pretty much their whole team but have young talent moving up. I can not see Northern Cass winning a game, they had a poison senior bunch last year, now they will continue to improve as some young talent starts moving up the ranks. I do not know a thing about Mayport/CG other than they did not win a game in the region last year.

Linton
Oakes
Lamoure
Maple Valley
Milnor/NS
Mayport
Griggs/Barnes
N Cass
Last edited by GRIDIRON GURU on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby d_fense » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:59 am

1. Linton - they will be tough as always.
2. Milnor/North Sargent - made playoffs last year and lost only two seniors that played significantly.
3. LaMoure - strong group of juniors should take a step forward.
4. Maple Valley/Enderlin - Should be the fourth seed this year.
5. Oakes - They lost a lot off last years team. Only putting them this high because of a good coaching staff.
6. MayPort/Clifford/Galesburg - A lot of young guys got good minutes last year. Will be better than last year.
7. Griggs/Barnes County - They could be the 5th team this year, I'm not sure about this pick.
8. Northern Cass - They were so poor last year, I think they have to be put at the bottom.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Nodak Guy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 pm

d_fense wrote:1. Linton - they will be tough as always.
2. Milnor/North Sargent - made playoffs last year and lost only two seniors that played significantly.
5. Oakes - They lost a lot off last years team. Only putting them this high because of a good coaching staff.
6. MayPort/Clifford/Galesburg - A lot of young guys got good minutes last year. Will be better than last year.
7. Griggs/Barnes County - They could be the 5th team this year, I'm not sure about this pick.
8. Northern Cass - They were so poor last year, I think they have to be put at the bottom.

I think your predictions are pretty good, although Milnor/North Sargent and Linton might be flipped around. LaMoure, Maple Valley/Enderlin, and Oakes will fight for the last two spots. M/NS returns a couple of All-State players, and Linton lost some studs from last year. I see on the Linton schedule that the game is at the end of the season, so they both may be undefeated when they match-up. The East is weak compared to the West, so one of those two teams could be playing for a state title.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:03 am

How many kids does each school in the region have playing football this season? I was talking to my dad and he said MPCG has 25 kids out 9-12 and that 7 will be freshmen. So I'm just wondering what the numbers look like for other teams.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby mjwanab » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:52 am

Nodak Guy wrote:
d_fense wrote:1. Linton - they will be tough as always.

I think your predictions are pretty good, although Milnor/North Sargent and Linton might be flipped around. LaMoure, Maple Valley/Enderlin, and Oakes will fight for the last two spots. M/NS returns a couple of All-State players, and Linton lost some studs from last year. I see on the Linton schedule that the game is at the end of the season, so they both may be undefeated when they match-up. The East is weak compared to the West, so one of those two teams could be playing for a state title.

I am liking Milnor/North Sargent this year too. I think this is the year they knock Linton off the top spot. I think Oakes edges out Maple Valley Enderlin this year for last playoff spot. They have good defensive playmakers that will keep them in games. Oakes and LaMoure play the last game of the year, which could be the deciding game for the 3 and 4 seed of the Region. Think the big play advantage helps push Oakes in as playoff team to join Lamoure/Litchville/Marion and Linton-HMB and Milnor North Sargent.
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:28 pm

1. Milnor/North Sargent
2. Linton
3. LaMoure
4. Maple Valley-Enderlin
5. Oakes
6. Griggs/Barnes County
7. Northern Cass
8. May-Port-CG
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby d_fense » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:10 pm

After hearing about the May-Port-CG game Friday, I would like to edit my picks. I would put the Patriots at the bottom and move my 7 and 8 up one. I hope, and think that Milnor/N.S. can finish 1st, but until Linton shows that they may have some struggles this year, I have to keep them number one.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:30 pm

ndfan wrote:How many kids does each school in the region have playing football this season? I was talking to my dad and he said MPCG has 25 kids out 9-12 and that 7 will be freshmen. So I'm just wondering what the numbers look like for other teams.

Looks like Harvey must have the same problems, hear that they cancelled their JV game with Velva today because they did not have enough kids for the game. At least thats how I head it.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:32 pm

I can see harvey having a few problems with numbers as they are playing up to 11man with 9man numbers, but whats the reason MPCG and some of these other towns have so low numbers? MPCG had nearly 100 boys 7-10 in the last enrollment cycle that should all be 9-12 now and they can only get 25% to play??? And mostly underclassmen at that??
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 am

MPCG has 9 seniors, there main problem with numbers is the junior class with. There are only 3 of them.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to A