Region 3 next year?

The teams in Class A

Region 3 next year?

Postby Cowboyman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 am

here it is again. in the past 11 or so years everyteam that has won the dakota bowl is now currently in region 3. but is velva going to be the only team this year or is another team going to beable to compete? :?:
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 3 next year?

Postby BigNorsk » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:26 am

Well, these days with the oil influx you just never know who shows up one day.

The thing I really appreciate about Velva is how they do the so called unskilled positions. Everyone on the team knows how to block and block well. They aren't necessarily huge in size but they are in pretty good shape and they get into their blocks and maintain them.

I see so many lineman give the guy on the other side a pop and let him run free to the play. Not Velva.

Most teams must be too busy teaching running backs to run, quaterbacks to throw, receivers to run routes and so on that it seems the very basic skill of blocking gets neglected. Not at Velva it doesn't. Hence they come with quality teams year after year while other teams hope for some superstud to show up who can beat everyone to the hole and run down the field with three guys draped on him, so they can get deep into the playoffs.
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:36 am

Cowboyman wrote:here it is again. in the past 11 or so years everyteam that has won the dakota bowl is now currently in region 3. but is velva going to be the only team this year or is another team going to beable to compete? :?:

I believe that Harvey won the Dakota Bowl one year as an entrant from the East when they defeated Stanley. It think it was Brad Sandy's first year as the coach in Harvey after Bill Cahill had been to the game several times without a win.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Cowboyman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:34 pm

yes that is true but all of the teams that have won the dakotabowl since the class A has started are in the same region. stanly, harvey, and of course velva. the all have won it 2 or more times and most of the teams still look promising. they all have some of the best coaching and great traditon. but yet with all of the teams dropping down and moving up i think there traditions might come to an end soon
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Return to A