2010 Predictions

The teams in Class A

2010 Predictions

Postby Sportsknowledge » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:23 am

Post your early 2010 predictions here.

I personnaly believe in this young phenom out of LaMoure, by the name of Tyler Thielges. Started as a freshman, soph, junior year will be fantastic, as he averaged a rather impressive stats at such a young age.
I'd say the next Favre. :lol:
Sportsknowledge
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2010 Predictions

Postby bus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Jared Mack that's all i have to say.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby starter21 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Josh Hansana if there is a kid as good as jared mack its him! He has started since his freshman year and will lead a strong bulldog team .
starter21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby a-simple-fan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 am

starter21 wrote:Josh Hansana if there is a kid as good as jared mack its him! He has started since his freshman year and will lead a strong bulldog team .

I have seen them both play and although they are both very good quarterbacks I would want Josh Hansana leading my team. Strong arm and very athletic.
a-simple-fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsknowledge » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:58 am

Thielges is a stud. Just sayin
Sportsknowledge
NDPreps Starter

Postby starter21 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:34 pm

ok he is good but being totaly honest is no where close the talent of josh
starter21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rudy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:40 pm

Hansana is a future College QB. Thielges is a good athlete. Not the best QB.
rudy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Cowboyman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:08 pm

MJ Stumpf out of harvey will be be harveys top player in the 2010 season. velva will be ruturning kitlson and their QB also. they should have another great season
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Postby football_lives_on » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Cavalier returns many skill players. If they can fill some spots on the line they will contend with people. Contend very well that is.
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby hsfootballfan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Velva!!! Until someone knocks them off, they have to be mentioned. Not many people picked them last year to do much, they won the dang thing. I would imagine Harvey might be right there with them.
hsfootballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsgod25 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 am

Does anyone know how the hazen bison will be this year. With the lose of carr and soreson.
sportsgod25
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football_1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:44 pm

[quote="rudy"]Hansana is a future College QB. Thielges is a good athlete. Not the best QB.[/quou
i honestly believe Hansana is overrated, not that he is not good by any means, cause he has a strong arm and is mobile, but thielges doesn't really pass very much, i think he has a strong arm, and is very smart with the ball, he takes some risks though trying to force some balls, but once again it is hard to compare when hansana noticeably throws more in an average game than thielges. the last time the two teams met thielges had a better game than hansana in a 26-14 victory. but i think the loboes will be back in the playoffs next year, with a better year from thielges, and smith, and a much more experienced o-line even with the loss of brandvold, and opdahl, and they will have to put a couple new linebackers on the field like thielges, and maybe somebody like sailer who may bring a little more speed to the position than dorich and brandvold did. i also think they may have to take their lumps in the secondary with the losses of aaron stemen, and brett hample. i think they will be in the playoffs as a 2-4 seed. sorry i got a little off topic, but that is also one of my 2010 predictions.
football_1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby comet34 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:25 pm

bus wrote:Jared Mack that's all i have to say.

umm I dont know where are the jared macks from? Finley? haha im just kidding yea he'll be a stud next year. im not sure how there line is going to be maybe they will drop him to guard or something
comet34
NDPreps Reserve

Postby shooter. » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:35 pm

comet34 wrote:
bus wrote:Jared Mack that's all i have to say.

im not sure how there line is going to be maybe they will drop him to guard or something

Well if they moved him to the line he would be their best linemen by far. Their line will struggle this year.
shooter.
NDPreps Rookie

Postby TDown » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:45 am

How is North Prairie going to be? I know they lose alot of seniors, but most of their replacements have quite a bit of experience. Im just cerious on how there going to look next fall.
TDown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BigNorsk » Mon May 31, 2010 2:51 am

Well a lot of depends. A big question is Lervick going to spend the time to put on the muscle to be a workhorse. He's got to step up and take a lot of carries. He's got the speed, he's got moves, but he's got to have the pop to get the tough yards consistently. Needs some more muscle to be able to take the carries and last.

Vandal is a shifty runner and he's going to be strong. If he can learn to fire off a bit more he'll bring a real load.

If the two of them bring their game, it'll be a backfield that will give defenses a lot to handle. Especially if Pfieifer pulls a few more keepers, give him a little crack and there's only a handful of players in the state that can keep up with him.

There's certainly going to be a passing game. It won't be one that they just go to in desparation. Pfiefer's arm was in a pile of hurt at the beginning of last year. Joranstad should have a premier year. He's got size and hands. Couple of others too with speed and hands.

Question mark in people's minds will be will the line show up. Nelson's going to be really tough inside after an all-state year last year. He already makes himself look like a kid last year and there's a few months of weight room left. Going to be others that weren't starters last year but saw some playing time. Probably the big question is at defensive ends. Who's going to have the speed with the strength.

The pass defense should be solid, a bit of a question is the linebackers. Are they going to step up and get the tackles when there isn't a Blake Nelson to seemingly be in on every play. Bonn's speed saved a few last year. Vandal worked at it and worked his way to starter last year. Not sure who else will be linebacker this year.

Kicking too is a question. Once Rush dialed it in last year he was pretty much automatic. Don't know if they'll find a kicker. Maybe an exchange student will show up.

So they'll be a good team. I would guess Rugby and Cavalier will be too. Kuntz should be a very good back and with Rugby having more experience this year, if they get their blocking down better, their running will be hard to stop. Mack of course will be good for Cavalier, he's got some support too. See if spending enough on a training room gets you a team. Langdon is a big question mark depending on who comes out. If Langdon doesn't show up I'd guess Park River makes the move to the top half of the District. They were just a little off last year. Larimore just lacked strength, but it's pretty well known how to get that. Midway Minto had strength but didn't seem to understand the game. Northwood, well, they just didn't seem that interested last year don't know of anything changing there.
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby radioman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:18 am

hsfootballfan wrote:Velva!!! Until someone knocks them off, they have to be mentioned. Not many people picked them last year to do much, they won the dang thing. I would imagine Harvey might be right there with them.

Velva returns Jon Mack at quarterback, Collin Kittelson and Jordan Weidler at runningback, Zach Podoll at tight end and Josh Sandy at wide receiver.

As far as I know, Harvey lost alot to graduation. MJ Stumpf is back at quarterback, Devin Arnold at runningback.
radioman
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:06 pm

BigNorsk wrote:in reference to cavs weight room
See if spending enough on a training room gets you a team

They spent nothing...actually a Grant....someone was thinking
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 pm

winner-within wrote:

What kind of grant did they qualify for? I'm interested....find it hard to believe that a school that financially stable would qualify for one, considering grant money is usually awarded on district carry over, percent of kids recieving free and reduced meals, etc.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
winner-within wrote:

What kind of grant did they qualify for? I'm interested....find it hard to believe that a school that financially stable would qualify for one, considering grant money is usually awarded on district carry over, percent of kids recieving free and reduced meals, etc.

Maybe by grant he means a donation from an alumn.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:30 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:
winner-within wrote:

there aren't to many schools "Financially stable" there's a lot Districts in the NE corner that have hooked up for Financial reasons...
write the grant...show three years of progress....like most grants, you have to show progress...before its totally a done deal....supposedly written by the Sup. Who actually used to build his own weight equipment.... weight training is important for any young chap or gal...Not just football geeks :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:17 am

winner-within wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
winner-within wrote:

there aren't to many schools "Financially stable" there's a lot Districts in the NE corner that have hooked up for Financial reasons...
write the grant...show three years of progress....like most grants, you have to show progress...before its totally a done deal....supposedly written by the Sup. Who actually used to build his own weight equipment.... weight training is important for any young chap or gal...Not just football geeks :)

1)What is cavaliers enrollment k-12? 300? If so as financially stable as any class B school in the state.
2)Schools that carry over a large % of their budget (say 30%, FYI schools aren't allowed to carry over more than 45% of their budget by law) are almost NEVER given free money...they at times qualify for matching funds money (we give you 10 grand, you put in 10 grand)...this MAY be the case here.
3)Weight training is great for the whole school, not just the athletes.
--I'm going to ask Mr. Laxdahl, as i'd be interested in finding out if this grant could help my "affiliation".
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:35 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
winner-within wrote:

1)What is cavaliers enrollment k-12? 300? If so as financially stable as any class B school in the state.
2)Schools that carry over a large % of their budget (say 30%, FYI schools aren't allowed to carry over more than 45% of their budget by law) are almost NEVER given free money...they at times qualify for matching funds money (we give you 10 grand, you put in 10 grand)...this MAY be the case here.
3)Weight training is great for the whole school, not just the athletes.
--I'm going to ask Mr. Laxdahl, as i'd be interested in finding out if this grant could help my "affiliation".

I am sure there are stipulations and or dual inputs but I was under the impression it was mostly Grant $$$$ Good Luck!!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:02 pm

I remember reading about the large grant Cavalier got in the Herald a few years ago. Some national fitness program or something
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:08 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I remember reading about the large grant Cavalier got in the Herald a few years ago. Some national fitness program or something

that's Her
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to A