Watford City at Velva

The teams in Class A

Re: Watford City at Velva

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:01 pm

8's wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:
football5 wrote:since velva beat harvey i think there gonna beat watford by at least 21 points and roll in to the state championship and win that to

I would also like to add that the I think the Cleveland Browns are the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year!

Stupidest post ever!

Can i ask whats so stupid about that post?

Hind sight being 20/20 I wouldn't say that this comment is so far fetched. Velva had another touchdown called back by a penalty so it could have easily made the spread closer to your prediciton than it actually was. However, with that being said I think the thought before the game that either team would dominate and be able to create this kind of a point spread was unfathomable. I called a score of Velva 20 WC 10 in the you pick em site which was close but my heart bleeds Blue and Gold so I was a little biased in my prediction but happy that it was just about right. I had the right point spread anyway.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:11 am

hsfootballfan wrote:Velva 22-12

Nice Prediction, 4points off :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:16 pm

After watching the highlights of it on KXMC that night they slowed the footage down and yes the ball was out before the kid even touched the ground. It was clearly a fumble on their footage. I have looked for this footage on the kx website but have only found the Bismarck version of those highlights. I can however tell you without exception that it was a fumble to start the second half.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fanofeverything » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:58 pm

slash wrote:that was a total call at teh start of the second half when the returner got called for a fumble when clearly it wasnt a fumble but then when velva would fumble it wouldnt actually be a fumble...... the refs sucked they were totally in favor of velva!!!!!!!

You are obviously from Watford and you haven't watched the slow motion highlights. The call on the return at the start of the second half was correct and clearly a fumble. As for the refs sucking and totally in favor of velva, look at the penalties. Velva was called for more and also one of Watford's TD's was a result of a phantom pass interference call that kept the drive going. The reason Watford lost the game was because they had 5 turnovers and failed to effectively move the ball running or passing and because Velva had a short field most of the day. The best drives of the game for Watford were because of Velva penalties. Also With that being said the refs are never going to be perfect and they may have missed a few calls, but there definitely wasn't any favoritism a few calls went both ways.

I also want to raise another point, not to stir the pot, but because I don't understand the call. Why in the first quarter on 4th and a long 1 on the Watford 40 did Coach Fridley decide to go for it? I know the wind was blowing hard in their face and a punt may not have gone too far, but the stop on 4th down was a big momentum gain early for Velva IMO.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Any form of a swear word for-example @$$-will not be tolerated. You will warned and or banned from now on.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hsfootballfan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:29 am

winner-within wrote:
hsfootballfan wrote:Velva 22-12

Nice Prediction, 4points off :)

Lucky guess.
Should have guessed WC score, I forgot they kicked for xp's. HAHA

Velva might just win the title again. Going in I didnt think they would be this solid, i was dead wrong on that assumption. I think they will have their hands full with Langdon. Talk about a team flying in under the radar, they werent ranked all year except for the final poll.
hsfootballfan
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to A