Cavalier at North Prairie

The teams in Class A

Re: Cavalier at North Prairie

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 am

definitely more pressure on Mack in the second half, and actually the big play was a pass play by NP and Smith from Cav had it covered and they actually fought over it and NP came down with the ball, this play just added fuel to the Bonn Fire (I like saying that) and the momentum continued for NP, Cavalier had a better team this year than people thought and sometimes you cant (not really the right word but it explains it better) know that unless you see a team play, if it had a been a team that couldn't have gotten to Mack with their rush than the game was over at half time.
I even stood by NP fans that were saying "that kid can Pass" than you had Brandon Chrest (heck of an athlete) going up and snagin those passes high in the air it was real fun to see, some of the best passing and catching I've ever seen in a high school Football game.
NP actually tried quite a few pass plays that didn't materialize but that QB of theirs is solid also, They are a run team though and I think thats why they have a tougher time with Langdon, there styles are similar.
I think to hang on to the ball more and control the game against Langdon, NP will have to make a few pass plays work, they have a couple nice screen plays.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby BigNorsk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 pm

NP knew Cavalier was a good team. That's part of why the first game was 50-0. They didn't dare back off just because they were ahead by a couple of touchdowns. Kept going and as you know NP has a bunch of guys who score from just about anyplace on the field.

Those Cavalier passes in the first half were something. When Mack let them go my first impression was they were overthrown, but Chrest just kept going up and getting them. I assume he plays basketball in the winter?

Second half the passes were generally a little underthrown compared to the first half. Gave the NP defenders a play on it.

Pfeifer's passes didn't look good to me the first half, they wobbled and they hung up too long. He loosened up at halftime and started throwing them a lot more like he usually does. He's often a catcher in baseball and he's not easy to steal 2nd from. If you noticed he runs like he's running bases, gets low and turns quickly with lots of acceleration. Really hard to catch in the open.

Going to come to Langdon? Sounds like a nice football day.
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby 89Dragon » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:07 am

I will be in Langdon. I live in Makoti, ND and Work in New Town. I have yet to miss a NP game this year... I think I am around 3300 miles traveled for the year :shock:
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Can't make Langdon- NP match up (deer hunting) but its going to be a good one, I see it like this, Langdon has, of course the two horses in Dinius, Beck along with a great supporting cast, NP has Bonn, and I think more of a well rounded team, little Bigger, little stronger, which should give them the edge, but its them two for Langdon that makes things scary for anybody playing them, total containment of them won't happen, not this late in the season, I'm leaning NP but a Cardinal victory wont surprise me, I'll catch it on the Radio, good luck to both teams, you've earned this!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to A