Oakes
Velva
Watford City
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2nd Round Matchups Class A

Postby winner-within » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:53 pm

The only right pick out of your 4 is Velva! Hence my picks :wink:
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby mjwanab » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:39 pm

I don't know much about Williams County, but I don't think Watford will stumble in this game. I know first meetings don't mean anything, and there was an injury, but I think North Prairie will win the rematch. Defense proves to be huge at this time of the year, and Oakes has been positive in the turnover department other than the Linton game were they didn't play well the first half and got in too big of a hole. It would be fun to see Harvey win though wouldn't it? Win at Hazen, then at Velva and have a shot in Watford to get back to title game. That would be awesome to see!
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:39 am

mjwanab wrote:I don't know much about Williams County, but I don't think Watford will stumble in this game. I know first meetings don't mean anything, and there was an injury, but I think North Prairie will win the rematch. Defense proves to be huge at this time of the year, and Oakes has been positive in the turnover department other than the Linton game were they didn't play well the first half and got in too big of a hole. It would be fun to see Harvey win though wouldn't it? Win at Hazen, then at Velva and have a shot in Watford to get back to title game. That would be awesome to see!

Velva is the favorite, hands down, what would be awesome is to see the east beat them!!
Last edited by winner-within on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby A-Fanatic » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:19 am

Some good matchups in the second round this year. Cavalier at North Prairie should be interesting I don't think Cavalier will have any trouble finding their motivation for this one. Likewise Harvey at Velva, I think both teams will be trying to settle old scores. Here are my picks
Cavalier
Oakes
Velva
Watford City
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:12 am

Cavalier at North Prairie
Oakes at Langdon Munich
Harvey at Velva
Williams County at Watford City

North Prairie
Langdon/Munich
Velva
Watford City
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UNCfan2010 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:29 pm

North Prairrie over Cavalier- NP is too big and physical for Cavalier, big win.

Oakes over Langdon-Munich- Oakes wildcat O will tare apart Langdon's Deffense

Velva over Harvey- Velva, more complete team, more depth.

Watford City over Williams County- WC just simply the better team here.
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:28 am

North Prairie
Langdon
Velva
Watford City
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby region3dominates » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:49 am

my picks are

North Prairie
Oakes
Velva
Williams County (upset of the week) I pick them because they are alot like velva with their speed and from what i've seen they are bigger than watford. Either way it will be a good game and close to the end.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packerfan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:16 pm

I take harvey over velva. When they met in the regular season harvey did not play to their full potential. They can play alot better then they did. Take a look at last year, Velva dominated the game and shut down harvey, kinda like this year. What happened in the playoffs? Harvey came out and played great and velva didnt even have a chance. Maybe its just me but i take harvey over velva.
packerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:48 pm

packerfan wrote:I take harvey over velva. When they met in the regular season harvey did not play to their full potential. They can play alot better then they did. Take a look at last year, Velva dominated the game and shut down harvey, kinda like this year. What happened in the playoffs? Harvey came out and played great and velva didnt even have a chance. Maybe its just me but i take harvey over velva.

Some things to consider about this prediction. Last year when Velva and Harvey played it was early in the season. Harvey had done nothing but sit and watch Velva films and prepare for the playoff game that was looming. They faced off in like week three last year. This year was the last game of the regular season and then they had to prepare for Hazen which was no small task. Little time between games will not allow for as much preperation. Also, between the regular season and playoffs last year Velva had lost three key players including one of their premiere running backs for this team.

Do I think it will be a different game? Yes I do, in fact I think it will be closer than the first game but I think Velva comes out on top once again given the differences from last year to this year.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:04 pm

There are a lot of things to consider in this rematch that are different than the two matchups from last year. First lets set the stage. Last year Harvey was the BETTER team and Velva just happened to be play a great game early in the season and pull off a win. Also after that win Velva lost some key players so in the rematch in the semi's Velva really had no chance because they were short some personnel and were out matched by a better Harvey team. This year the Velva team is better top to bottom than the Harvey team and the Harvey team is coming off a tough victory and Velva had a pretty relaxed game. The first match up this year was the last week of the season, so both teams should of had the "kinks" worked out, although neither team played as well as they could have in that game. With all that being said I look for this game to be closer than the first matchup. My prediction is Velva 27-16.

On another note I am going out on a limb and gonna make a bold one saying Williams County gives Watford City all it can handle. My prediction is Williams County wins 26-22. I will not be suprised however if this prediction goes terribly wrong.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby 89Dragon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:08 am

My Picks

North Prairie 20-12
Oakes 35-12
Velva 30-8
Watford City 24-18
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yakama » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:22 pm

North Prairie
Langdon
Velva
Watford City
yakama
NDPreps Starter

Postby slash » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:13 pm

winner-within wrote:
mjwanab wrote:I don't know much about Williams County, but I don't think Watford will stumble in this game. I know first meetings don't mean anything, and there was an injury, but I think North Prairie will win the rematch. Defense proves to be huge at this time of the year, and Oakes has been positive in the turnover department other than the Linton game were they didn't play well the first half and got in too big of a hole. It would be fun to see Harvey win though wouldn't it? Win at Hazen, then at Velva and have a shot in Watford to get back to title game. That would be awesome to see!

Velva is the favorite, hands down, what would be awesome is to see the east beat them!!

mhmm velva is the favorite?...i dont no if you no this but watford city is from the west too with velva so you better get that statement straightened out man.
slash
NDPreps Reserve

Postby outspoken » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:07 pm

UNCfan2010 wrote:North Prairrie over Cavalier- NP is too big and physical for Cavalier, big win.

I agree with you that Oakes will beat Langdon, but wildcat Offenses don't win big games- they don't have to use that to win- Oakes has tried to run it before and there normal offense always works out better
outspoken
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fanofeverything » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:04 am

slash wrote:
winner-within wrote:

mhmm velva is the favorite?...i dont no if you no this but watford city is from the west too with velva so you better get that statement straightened out man.

Slash,

I think what was trying to be said was this. Watford struggled a little against the #4 seed from Region 3, so it would appear right now Velva is playing the more dominate/better overall football. I will agree I think at this point Velva is the favorite to come out of the west, but its the playoffs and all 4 teams left are good teams so anything can happen.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby ABCD » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:34 am

UNCfan2010 wrote:North Prairrie over Cavalier- NP is too big and physical for Cavalier, big win.

Langdon 20-Oakes 14
Velva 24-16
North Prairie 28-20
Watford City 28-6
ABCD
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:23 pm

slash wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Oh I know where Watford is they're actually farther west than Velva geographically, but what I'm saying, man is that Velva will handle the west this year and then it would be fun to see the east send them back to the west empty handed. :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to A