first round matchups Class A

The teams in Class A

Re: first round matchups Class A

Postby rudy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:36 pm

I don't see how any team that has been beaten by 50 pts in a game has a chance to compete with Linton. Especially since it is at Linton. Good Luck with Cavalier getting the upset.
rudy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:57 am

[quote="rudy"]I don't see how any team that has been beaten by 50 pts in a game has a chance to compete with Linton. Especially since it is at Linton. Good Luck with Cavalier getting the upset.[/quote

that stuff means nothing, think about it, the team that beats them by 50 gets beat by the team cavalier shut out by 40, nothing matters now its the playoffs!!!!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby rudy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:51 pm

way to go Cavalier. I was wrong
Last edited by rudy on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
rudy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:04 am

It really depends on the balance of the region as to whether or not a number four will come in and beat a number one. I do not know much about the east in football this year. What has Linton faced and how good are they in comparison? I don't know how big of a stretch it is to think that Cavalier could come in and win but I do know that both schools are rich in football tradition and are well coached so I won't be shocked if either team wins.

Same should be said about the Harvey vs. Hazen game.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:46 am

what are the chances NSGU beat williams county?
bigpoppakdog

Postby BigNorsk » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:55 am

I've wondered about that myself. Clearly Watford City and Hazen were at a different level than New Salem but exactly what that means, well who knows yet?

Williams County can play very well but doesn't seem to always show up. If they look past New Salem, they could be in trouble.

I wouldn't give New Salem a good chance, but it's a chance. Especially if they can do a good air attack or get to the outside.
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:43 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:what are the chances NSGU beat williams county?

Williams County is really tough defensively they won't give up very much they are fast and hit hard. On offense they've been inconsistent so if New Salem plays well on defense on doesn't make any mistakes on offense they will have a chance. I think Williams county will win this one convincingly though. I'm interested to see how they can do against Watford City in the second round.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby Milkman » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:30 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:It really depends on the balance of the region as to whether or not a number four will come in and beat a number one. I do not know much about the east in football this year. What has Linton faced and how good are they in comparison? I don't know how big of a stretch it is to think that Cavalier could come in and win but I do know that both schools are rich in football tradition and are well coached so I won't be shocked if either team wins.

Anybody know if these games will be broadcast on any radio stations? Im really interested in the Cavalier at Linton game but Im sure everyoen would apperciate any info on any of the games.
Let’s go cut down some nets boys.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby a-simple-fan » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:27 pm

Milkman wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:It really depends on the balance of the region as to whether or not a number four will come in and beat a number one. I do not know much about the east in football this year. What has Linton faced and how good are they in comparison? I don't know how big of a stretch it is to think that Cavalier could come in and win but I do know that both schools are rich in football tradition and are well coached so I won't be shocked if either team wins.

Anybody know if these games will be broadcast on any radio stations? Im really interested in the Cavalier at Linton game but Im sure everyoen would apperciate any info on any of the games.

http://www.kndkradio.com is broadcasting over the internet. They will have the NP,Langdon, and Cavalier game. The station for the Cavalier game is 106.7
a-simple-fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsgod25 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:44 pm

For all you people who r talking up the east, just stop, it is getting annoying. West has the best ranked teams, i say who ever comes out of the west on top are the new state champions.
sportsgod25
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hsfootballfan » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:19 am

A-Fanatic wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:what are the chances NSGU beat williams county?

Williams County is really tough defensively they won't give up very much they are fast and hit hard. On offense they've been inconsistent so if New Salem plays well on defense on doesn't make any mistakes on offense they will have a chance. I think Williams county will win this one convincingly though. I'm interested to see how they can do against Watford City in the second round.

Depends on which team shows up. If it the one that beat Harvey, not much chance. Seems like they havent put many points on the board against decent teams, dont know why that is. Looks like they peaked to early in the season. But in the playoffs, its anyone's game. Should be a good one thats for sure.
hsfootballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Trish » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:27 am

If Linton can get pressure on the QB it will be a long day for the tornadoes. I think the they will be able to, their QB isn't very mobile. If Linton doesn't turn the ball over, they will win convincingly.
Trish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:52 pm

Trish wrote:If Linton can get pressure on the QB it will be a long day for the tornadoes. I think the they will be able to, their QB isn't very mobile. If Linton doesn't turn the ball over, they will win convincingly.

May not be the most mobile, but he has a Rifle arm with accuracy and he is a Football Player, Football players can also KICK Field goals.

Good Job Jarred!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:21 am

winner-within wrote:
Trish wrote:If Linton can get pressure on the QB it will be a long day for the tornadoes. I think the they will be able to, their QB isn't very mobile. If Linton doesn't turn the ball over, they will win convincingly.

May not be the most mobile, but he has a Rifle arm with accuracy and he is a Football Player, Football players can also KICK Field goals.

Good Job Jarred!!

HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:23 am

spalding23 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Cavalier at Linton

LaMoure Litchville Marion at North Prairie

Rugby at Oakes

Milnor North Sargent at Langdon-Munich

Des Lacs-Burlington at Watford City

New Salem- Glen Ullin at Williams County

Harvey at Hazen

Heart River at Velva

Cavalier
north prairie
oakes
Milnor NS
Watford
Williams Co
Harvey
Velva

There they are!

are you kidding me? cavalier will not beat linton!

Actually, I think he was being fairly serious.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:30 am

hsfootballfan wrote:Hazen at Watford for Semis, I think Velva will have a lot to say about that.

I think the only team winning in the first round from Region 3 is Velva.

Never know what happens during the playoffs tho. Some good games in the first round this year.

Well, I guess this prediction went completely the other way. Good thing you added the never know what happens in the playoffs tho disclaimer.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:56 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Good Job Jarred!!

I missed the Humor, but I sence the Invidiousness (look it up) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:50 pm

winner-within wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Good Job Jarred!!

I missed the Humor, but I sence the Invidiousness (look it up) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

How Is This #7

Invidiousness
1. calculated to create ill will or resentment or give offense; hateful: invidious remarks.
2. offensively or unfairly discriminating; injurious: invidious comparisons.
3. causing or tending to cause animosity, resentment, or envy: an invidious honor.
4. Obsolete. envious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:39 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Good Job Jarred!!

How Is This #7

Invidiousness
1. calculated to create ill will or resentment or give offense; hateful: invidious remarks.
2. offensively or unfairly discriminating; injurious: invidious comparisons.
3. causing or tending to cause animosity, resentment, or envy: an invidious honor.
4. Obsolete. envious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats excellent, now read my post and you will realize I dont play anymore, I am a Up northeast North Dakota Sports Fan (Hmm thats funny I have had to make this speach before). I picked Cavalier to Beat Langdon, and Linton, the only two predictions I have made this season. I also love defending good players that other's, lets see, I'll go with ENVY! :mrgreen:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:11 pm

sportsgod25 wrote:For all you people who r talking up the east, just stop, it is getting annoying. West has the best ranked teams, i say who ever comes out of the west on top are the new state champions.

Sounds like the opposite scenario than 9 man. Appears the beasts are from the east.
bigpoppakdog

Postby 89Dragon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:22 pm

So that NP is now in the East after the first 2 seasons in Region 3 Does that put them in the same catagory as the other east teams? They did bring the west philosopy of D first with em. Eh doesn't matter where your from still need to play the games.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:55 pm

spalding23 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Cavalier at Linton

LaMoure Litchville Marion at North Prairie

Rugby at Oakes

Milnor North Sargent at Langdon-Munich

Des Lacs-Burlington at Watford City

New Salem- Glen Ullin at Williams County

Harvey at Hazen

Heart River at Velva

Cavalier
north prairie
oakes
Milnor NS
Watford
Williams Co
Harvey
Velva

There they are!

are you kidding me? cavalier will not beat linton! linton is a very solid team with a great coach cavalier will have their hands full with linton. Only way I see cavalier winning is if Mack has a great game and throws for over 200 yards. Another one i don't agree with is the Milnor NS vs. Langdon. Langdon just beat North Prarie the third or four ranked team in state 20-6 and have possibly one of the best running backs in the state with Jon Dinius and a good defense anchored my first-team all stater Travis Beck and I heard they are playing very well after getting a wake up call against cavalier. But i do agree with the rest of your picks!

I have to reply to this post only in good humor, I found it somewhat self contradicting, Linton is a solid team, unfortunately they are Solidly finished for 2009! you should have Started with the second sentence because Mack through for either close to 200 or over and they won, see you were half right. :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to A