The teams in Class A

Class A Poll 9-30-2009

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:54 pm

1. Watford City
2. Velva
3. North Prairie
4. Hazen
5. Harvey

Things in the west will be interesting come the playoffs.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Class A Poll 9-30-2009

Postby Truce » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:18 pm

i think this is a perfect reasoning for Cross bracketing of playoffs, when you have 2 dominate teams in the same region they eliminate themselves too early.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Shocker » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:34 am

I don't think there's such a thing as being eliminated "too early". Either you win the championship, or you don't. What difference does it make if a team gets to the semi-finals before being knocked out? Cross bracketing wouldn't even solve the problem that you are trying to solve. The entire bracket would have to be seeded in order to ensure that the top two teams (in the polls) would have a chance to face each other for a championship, rather than sooner.
Shocker
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:45 pm

I was a little surprised that L&C Our Redeemers wasn't mentioned in the polls but after last nights washout against Velva it's understandable. I do think they're a better team than what they showed last night and they'll have a chance again this Friday to show that they can compete with some of the elite teams in Class A. I have a feeling they'll be a lot more focused against Harvey and it should be a good game. They showed some flashes of real good football last night I just don't think they were mentally prepared to play Velva.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:55 am

Truce wrote:i think this is a perfect reasoning for Cross bracketing of playoffs, when you have 2 dominate teams in the same region they eliminate themselves too early.

I don't like interregion play in the first round of playoffs either, but in this case it wouldn't matter. If Velva and Harvey finish 1-2 in their region they wouldn't play each other first round anyway. Same with WC and Hazen. The quarterfinals in the west will definitely be interesting tho. That's when the cross bracketing will start and we'll just have to see who comes out on top.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby mjwanab » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:58 am

The same i think goes for the east. 2 teams that are getting votes will square off for the Region 1 title on Friday when Oakes goes to Linton. Both are quality teams. There are some really good teams this year in Class A football which is going to make it very exciting.
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:40 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
Truce wrote:i think this is a perfect reasoning for Cross bracketing of playoffs, when you have 2 dominate teams in the same region they eliminate themselves too early.

I don't like interregion play in the first round of playoffs either, but in this case it wouldn't matter. If Velva and Harvey finish 1-2 in their region they wouldn't play each other first round anyway. Same with WC and Hazen. The quarterfinals in the west will definitely be interesting tho. That's when the cross bracketing will start and we'll just have to see who comes out on top.

Unless I've been mislead they crossbracket in the first round this year. That could potentially set up a first round matchup between Hazen and Harvey or Williams County both of which could finish third in region 3 depending on how these last two weeks play out.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Return to A