Whats up with Larimore??

The teams in Class A

Whats up with Larimore??

Postby LPB'S37 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:51 am

I'm just curious if anyone knows whats going on in Larimore. They looked really good at valley city's team camp and i heard they got in a fight with the team from wahpeton. I just thought they'd have a shot at state this year. I wanna hear what anyone else thinks
LPB'S37
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Whats up with Larimore??

Postby a-simple-fan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Saw them play against Langdon and outside of Haynes, the running back, there wasnt a whole lot of talent there. I thought Denault was a much better player last year for the Polar Bears. It looks like they switched his position. I remember him at QB last year and he was playing FB this year and a linebacker last year and on the DL this year.
a-simple-fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby SportsBuff » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:57 pm

been seeing a lot of post about haynes. i'd just like to know who is he, what has he done? any stats? what makes him stand out?
SportsBuff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BigNorsk » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:11 am

The problem with Larimore is up front. Their own coach was hollaring at his players that "Their four are pushing our seven." They just didn't win anything at the line. Didn't look like they spent the time in the weight room.

They had a couple of players that come to play, a Nelson looked very good at receiving for instance, but they can't get anything going without the line doing the work up front. Just a play or two here and there. Really nothing up the middle. Looks like the potato farmers managed to automate everything.
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:40 pm

From what I heard they moved some players from skill positions last year to the line this year. You cant make a dominant offensive or defensive line filled with guys who were quarterbacks and running backs last year. Never going to work no matter what level you are at.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby rudy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:51 pm

Are you sure it doesn't work to move skill position players to the line, I believe Oakes has moved 3 skill position players to the line.
rudy
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A