Hazen vs. Watford City

The teams in Class A

Hazen vs. Watford City

Postby EMU20 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:42 pm

alright this is definately going to be the game of the week. Lets hear what you guys have to say about this game and he outcome
EMU20
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Hazen vs. Watford City

Postby valasa raptor » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:51 pm

i think watford will come out with the win. their d has been playin great. hazen is fast but i don't know if sorenson and carr can do it all. should be a great game!
valasa raptor
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Truce » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:16 am

Hazen has probably the best QB, and Running back Combo in A football this year.

I think hazen wil have the edge, Watford has to travel.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDOK » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:54 am

Sorenson and Carr are very fast and talented runners. Probably the most explosive players around.

Watford has overall good team speed and depth, as well as a more balanced offense that can pass as well as run. They will have 11 very good athletes on the field at all times.

Both defenses are solid. Should be a great game - I give a slight edge to Watford based on overall team depth.
NDOK
NDPreps Rookie

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Does anyone know if Nolan Kolberer will be back by the end of the season for the playoffs after suffering a broken leg and what position did he play on defense for the Wolves.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby triplebbb » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:19 pm

He sees the dr on fri...maybe get the cast off and start rehab....supposedly back for playoffs if not sooner....depends on the kid....played linebacker....luckily Brady Lund has stepped in admirably.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby highlightstick » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:44 pm

i cant wait to hear how this one comes out...i only wish i could be there to watch it...but im gonna say hazen there speed is unmatchable
highlightstick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ABCD » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:08 pm

highlightstick wrote:i cant wait to hear how this one comes out...i only wish i could be there to watch it...but im gonna say hazen there speed is unmatchable

How about some predictions on the score?

I got WC-35 Hazen-20
ABCD
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby yakama » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:13 pm

highlightstick wrote:i cant wait to hear how this one comes out...i only wish i could be there to watch it...but im gonna say hazen there speed is unmatchable

people were also saying this last year about valley city and watford shut that down so its not unmatchable. not saying that they aren't extremely fast. it'll come down to the 4th quarter and i think thats why watford pulls it out because they have a very solid 11 and hazen has 2 all stars. it will be a great game. i got WC 33 Hazen 20
yakama
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfanatic » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Well, for you to say that all Hazen has is 2 all stars is pretty sad. They have a second team all stater in Garrett Engebretson. 2 more all region selections in linemen Bryon Mcglaughlin and Ryan Miller. They lost 1 lineman from last years team that just missed out on beating Watford City in a game Engebretson didn't even play. So to say watford has a solid 11 (which i'm not debating) and Hazen has only 2 all stars is a rather ignorant statement. Regardless, it willl be one heck of a game. If it is anything like last year, fb fans are gonna be in for a treat. Without getting into a huge debate, yes Watford shut down Valley City and their speed. However, Valley doesn't run even close to the same type of offense. The offense they played fit right into the strength of Watford's defense. Watford had a heck of time defending Hazen's spread option. It is going to be a GOOD one tomorrow night.
ndfbfanatic
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SportsBuff » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:19 am

both teams have scored alot and surrendered little..but neither team has faced anyone that has posed any kind of threat so enough about how bad you beat teams that arn't remotely close to being a contender for making the playoffs. and enough about previous seasons because it doesnt matter. if we based our predictions on that we would just figure wc would win because they shut down a fast vc team last year so therefor they will shut down a fast hazen team this year. and hazen has no chance anyways because they "fold" in big games. well news flash its no long last year. this years game should be a good game and will be interesting to see how both teams react to a little adversity for the first time. both teams have alot of talent and alot to prove yet in a very young season. anyways i like teams that can run and run the ball well so i am going with hazen 29-13!
SportsBuff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oline » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:48 pm

All this talk. I am excited to here a score. The news stations from the east had nothing. They just like to cover MN.
oline
NDPreps Reserve

Postby showtime » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:25 am

20-12 Watford City
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:07 am

Sounds like this really was a good game. Watford running back suffered a concussion in second quarter and didn't return. I don't know if that had much impact in the final outcome. They decided the region title last night but if these two teams meet in the playoffs it sounds to me like it is still a toss up.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:07 am

Who is #10 for Watford City?
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby valasa raptor » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:44 am

Sr. Adam Brenna
valasa raptor
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Electric Avenue » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:45 pm

I know this is a rival game now, and both teams are really good. I am just wondering how clean the teams were.
Electric Avenue
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A