Hazen vs. New Salem

The teams in Class A

Hazen vs. New Salem

Postby freshysoon » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:05 am

Who do u think is going to come out on top.
freshysoon
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Hazen vs. New Salem

Postby Truce » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:11 am

Hazen.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby valasa raptor » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Hazen but hopefully it will be a good game.
valasa raptor
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfanatic » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:51 am

valasa raptor wrote:Hazen but hopefully it will be a good game.

It wasn't. Penalties kept this from being alot worse
ndfbfanatic
NDPreps Reserve

Postby aceofspades » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:01 pm

I would agree. It was about as bad of a beat down as you will see.
aceofspades
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jwall512 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:03 pm

It was not as bad of a beat down as you will see New Salem came out of the gates a little slow but they definately picked it up in the second half and held Hazen's potent offense to only 44 total yards in the final 24 minutes.
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:20 am

Nice to see aceofspades post again...I can see he hasn't forgotten his "beatdown" or should I say "beatdowns" from new salem last year....defense picked it up in the second half, but what about the offense?
bigpoppakdog

Postby aceofspades » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:20 am

I hope that game didn't break New Salem for the year. That was pretty bad. That is the type of game that is really hard to come back from. About like the Velva vs NS game last year during the playoffs.
aceofspades
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:56 pm

the velva game would be hard to come back from since it was in the playoffs......but they started 3-0 so I guess they recovered pretty well. Too bad Beach went "down" to 9 man. Been interesting to see how they would have done against watford and hazen. 35-0 is not very good, but I definitely can think of a game or two from last year that involved much worse beatdowns. Nice to see you are still using your original quotes. Nice to also see how you couldn't really back up anything yourself so you are going to take credit for another teams performance. If I recall from last year the #2 ranked A team took it on the chin from an unrated team. So if you look at this years rankings, Hazen beating new salem wasn't a shocker. Now if they would have switched the scores around it would have been a shocker/news worthy game.

Anyway back to this game. Hazen has that great of defense or was new salem's offense stagnant? I would venture to guess, since hazen is a top fav. team this year it would be due to having a solid defense.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Truce » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:21 am

Hazens Defence is definately pretty good, But New Salem had small flashes of what they are capeable of. I watched this game.

I hope that New Salem can bounce from this, but i also heard one of their big players was out due to having Mono?

there were alot of penalties in the 2nd half that really kept this game from getting out of hand. THe combo of Sorenson and Carr that hazen has in the backfield is amazing. they can salvage a broken play for 40 yards gain.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Return to A