Playoff format?

The teams in Class A

Playoff format?

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:06 pm

I know it's a long way before the playoffs but I'm wondering about the format this year. I know the past couple of years the first round is played within the region and then the winners would play against the opposite region. Has that changed with all of the realignment in class A or is it the same format?
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Re: Playoff format?

Postby bus » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 pm

I'm pretty sure it's the same
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:11 pm

According to the NDHSAA website... http://www.ndhsaa.org/files/Football_Regulations.pdf

inter-region play will begin in the first round of the playoffs.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 am

scc wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:According to the NDHSAA website... http://www.ndhsaa.org/files/Football_Regulations.pdf

This will be, I think, the third year using this format. I hate it. Let's just chop off the first round, and let the top two teams in each region make the playoffs.

I think in the past, when we had six team regions, that this was necessary; but now that we have eight teams again i think we should go back to region 1 seeds playing region 2 seeds and region 3 seeds playing region 4 seeds.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winners&losers » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:29 am

scc wrote:
cubsfan wrote:
scc wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:According to the NDHSAA website... http://www.ndhsaa.org/files/Football_Regulations.pdf

This will be, I think, the third year using this format. I hate it. Let's just chop off the first round, and let the top two teams in each region make the playoffs.

I think in the past, when we had six team regions, that this was necessary; but now that we have eight teams again i think we should go back to region 1 seeds playing region 2 seeds and region 3 seeds playing region 4 seeds.

I'm not opposed to that idea, but I would rather decrease the number of playoff-qualifying teams.

i agree with this 100 % because look at DLB last year when they made the playoffs with only 1 win on the year
winners&losers

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:12 am

But it was a BIG win. lol..... I agree with either side of this discussion. Region 1 #1 vs. Region 2 #4 and so on.... or making it the top two teams of each region advance. The only downside I see to this is if say as a far out example that Harvey would wind uo being the #4 seed in Region 3 (very hypothetical) and Watford City is the #1 in region 4.... long dang way to drive to get your man kicked. Another downside is admission fees collected for those types of games would be down considerably due to he fact that in general, the number 4 seed is usually a sacrafical lamb of sorts. As playoffs advance the cream rises and games tighten hence more attendance for big games. Keeping the games close to the schools as possible makes for better turnout in attendance.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A