Cavalier Issues

The teams in Class A

Cavalier Issues

Postby Matt_Damon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:41 pm

I have heard from a reliable source that Cavalier's head coach, has been dismissed from the team?
Can anyone from Cavalier confirm or deny this?

If it is true who will take over for him as head coach?
Matt_Damon
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Cavalier Issues

Postby BrewerFan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:07 am

Laxdal is new

Cavalier coach

Two games into the season, Cavalier has a new head football coach.

Matt Pulver has been released from his contract. Sandy Laxdal has been elevated from assistant to head coach.

“We had great respect for Matt as a coach,’’ said Laxdal, who is principal and athletic director at Cavalier. “Matt has some personal issues that he needs to address. We’ll miss him. But we need to move forward with our football program.’’

Laxdal is no stranger to a head position. He’s in his third year at Cavalier. Prior to that, Laxdal was a head coach at Cando High School.

Cavalier is off to a 2-0 start this season.

GF Herald 9-3-2009
BrewerFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:44 am

with all due respect to the Cavalier Football team and the rest of the coaching staff and the school and the town and the fans this topic in my opinion should read "Cavalier head coach Issues" because otherwise there are no issues.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Matt_Damon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Thank you for the information. I really feel bad for the players, from what I've heard Cavalier has a lot of talent on that team. No matter how quality a team is, it is tough to go through a coaching change. Hopefully Coach Pulver gets things figured out, he seems like a good coach. I also feel for the town as well. I know how devoted everyone is in Cavalier, especially towards the football team.

I don't necessarily believe that the title to the thread is a knock on anyone. Since this is in a class A football forum I would think that people understand that this is an issue about the football team.

When a team loses a head coach this isn't a single person issue, this affects the whole team.

Just my opinion.
Matt_Damon
NDPreps Rookie

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 am

It says he was released from his contract. Does that mean he was asked to resign or did he step down on his own with administration wishing he was still the coach?
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Return to A