The Coal Bowl

The teams in Class A

The Coal Bowl

Postby freshysoon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:55 am

I wanna see ur guys veiws on the coal bowl this year a score estimate and the winner
freshysoon
NDPreps Reserve

Re: The Coal Bowl

Postby kaybee94 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Beulah will control the line of scrimmage, and will contain the only 2 weapons Hazen has. The Boys from Beulah will come up with a defensive scheme to stop Hazen and bring the Coal Bowl trophy back where it belongs 27-14.
kaybee94
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BHS » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:17 pm

ur putting 27 points up on hazens D i hope thats a joke.......34-7 hazen takes it
BHS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison423 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:38 pm

I dont know where kaybee gets his ideas. It could be a good game but 14 points im not even concerned with him thinking 27 on their D but really 14 points and when its the 4th year in a row that Hazen wins, it will stay where it should be.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby InYourFace » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Its going to be a close game Beulah has a good line and a lot of good backups to go in the game when a starter needs a brake and I believe Beulah does have the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball but the outcome of the game will depend on the play makers for both teams for Hazen Sorenson and Carr and for Beulah Zach Morris and Denver Unruh for their offense but the score will be close if both teams defense's play great I have a touchdown separating the 2 teams in the end but the winner will be the team that show's up ready to play and win
InYourFace
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfanatic » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:33 am

If you think the only weapons are Carr and Sorensen, then you aren't planning very well for the game. Of course the Bison want everyone to think those are the only two guys, because then other guys can showcase their talents. And last year, the Bison dominated the LOS and with the exception of one guy for each team, the lines are the same as last year. I agree with Bison423, if you put up 27 on the Bison D, I'll gladly come back and give you all the credit in the world. Same can be said if you hold the Bison to 14 points. We'll find out in about 24 hours!!
ndfbfanatic
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison423 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:46 pm

Final score Hazen 29, Beulah 0. Thats the 4th straight win for Hazen and the 3rd straight shut out.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfanatic » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:32 am

I think kaybee can just stop now. you weren't even close with any of your predictions. Hazen controlled the LOS, shut Beulah out and scored 29 points (plus had 2 td's called back because of penalties) I will say that I think Beulah will get better as the season goes on. Once they get comfortable with their new offensive system, they have the potential to become a very dangerous team. Hazen now moves on to Region 4 play which will be a challenge no doubt.
ndfbfanatic
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InYourFace » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:34 pm

ndfbfanatic wrote:I think kaybee can just stop now. you weren't even close with any of your predictions. Hazen controlled the LOS, shut Beulah out and scored 29 points (plus had 2 td's called back because of penalties) I will say that I think Beulah will get better as the season goes on. Once they get comfortable with their new offensive system, they have the potential to become a very dangerous team. Hazen now moves on to Region 4 play which will be a challenge no doubt.

ok ok we know Beulah got shut out again 29-0 this year, this game out have been close if it wasn't for Beulah turning the ball over 2 times in the redzone if Beulah would have score those 2 times we could have been looking at a 21-14 ball game at half and I don't believe it was a bad game. Hazen just had a lot of brakes and really only had 4 good lucky plays in the game and those ended up being touchdowns. However Beulah did not get any lucky play but had many good plays to get in the redzone and play like a real team, however the young backfield for Beulah had a bad game and fumbled in the redzone. Hazen had a lot of brakes and I believe if Beulah would have played the 1st quarter like they did the 2nd quarter and to the end the final score would have been 8-0 with Hazen winning but Beulah just did not have any luck at all in the game and didn't have have 4 big lucky plays like Hazen did. In all good say it was a very good game from the 2nd quarter and to the end.
InYourFace
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A