Oakes
Killdeer
Velva
Watford City
TDown
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Week 5

Postby kaybee94 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:19 am

Hazen finally has to play a team that is actually good and everyone finds out they aren't really that good of a football team. Watford is going to hand it to them this week. I'll be making the drive over to watch that beatdown.
kaybee94
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Truce » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:24 am

Haha, Beatdown?

nice. It will be a good game. Its in Hazen. last year, the year they won the state, hazen was gave them a 35-7 Beatdown in the first Half, untill Sorenson got hurt.

I think Hazens Chances are better this year than last.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby 3pointChief » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:57 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:Friday, September 25th, 2009

Berthold/ORC/NS at Stanley/Power Lake, 7:00 PM
Bowman Co/Scranton vs. Grant Co/Flasher at Elgin, 7:00 PM
Cavalierat Park River/F-L/E, 7:00 PM
DL-B at Williams County, 7:00 PM
Harvey at Garrison/Max, 7:00 PM
LaMoure/L-M at May-Port/C-G, 7:00 PM
Langdon/Munich at Rugby, 7:00 PM
Linton/H-M-B vs. Maple Valley/Enderlin at Enderlin, 7:00 PM
Midway/Minto vs. Hatton/Northwood at Northwood, 7:00 PM
New Salem/Glen Ullin at Belfield/South Heart, 7:00 PM
North Prairie at Larimore, 7:00 PM
Northern Cass vs. Milnor/North Sargent at Milnor, 7:00 PM
Oakes (1A) vs. Griggs/Barnes County at Cooperstown, 7:00 PM
Standing Rock/Selfridge at Killdeer/Halliday, 6:00 PM
Velva at New Town/Mandaree, 7:00 PM
Watford City at Hazen, 7:00 PM

Bolkan.....for a double bogey?
3pointChief
NDPreps Starter

Postby inky » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:59 pm

3pointChief wrote:

Cavalierat Park River/F-L/E, 7:00 PM
DL-B at Williams County, 7:00 PM

New Town, Standing Rock, Stanley, Max, Glen Ullin,DLB?
I like these odds
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigNorsk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Cavalier at Park River/F-L/E, 7:00 PM
Des Lacs-Burlington at Williams County, 7:00 PM
BigNorsk
NDPreps Starter

Postby morneau4 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:27 pm

kaybee94 wrote:Hazen finally has to play a team that is actually good and everyone finds out they aren't really that good of a football team. Watford is going to hand it to them this week. I'll be making the drive over to watch that beatdown.

kaybee I know u always have to hate on Hazen but Watford hasnt played anybody yet either. So it is actually a game for both of the teams to see where they stand.
morneau4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Truce » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:19 pm

Yea, exactly, Watford has played Belfield, Killdeer, Standing rock, and stanley so far. Whos the tough one there?

watford needs a test as much as Hazen does. And the game is in hazen. =D
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfanatic » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:08 am

Truce wrote:Yea, exactly, Watford has played Belfield, Killdeer, Standing rock, and stanley so far. Whos the tough one there?

watford needs a test as much as Hazen does. And the game is in hazen. =D

Actually, I don't think the home team has won a game in this series in quite awhile. Either way, it is going to the first test of the season for both teams. For Hazen, a little revenge on the minds. They had a 34-14 lead last year and couldn't hold it. This is for the region title, #1 seed and chance to stay home and play Harvey, Velva etc....ALOT on the line
ndfbfanatic
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 pm

kaybee94 wrote:Hazen finally has to play a team that is actually good and everyone finds out they aren't really that good of a football team. Watford is going to hand it to them this week. I'll be making the drive over to watch that beatdown.

I think I got the copyrights to the word "beatdown" back last year. :D
bigpoppakdog

Postby EMU20 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:24 pm

ok kaybee its starting to get pathetic how much u trash talk hazen. i know you're from beulah and idk why your even talking smack from team put up 12 againest belcourt and u havent even scored a point until that game. quit hating on a team that is acually a good team and just stop making such stupid comments
EMU20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby kaybee94 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 pm

First of all, I really have no connection to the Beulah football team. I support them, but don't have kids playing or anything like that. Second, the amount of publicity that Hazen gets is rather ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. Yes, they have some good fb players, but as a team what exactly have they accomplished??? They haven't even made the state championship game in the last 5 years. My point, which is backed by the facts, is that this team plays well during the season in a weak region, but continually folds during the playoffs. It seems over the last 4 years, anytime I turn on the TV, it is a story on Hazen. It gets old and redundant. That is my opinion. Take it or leave it.
kaybee94
NDPreps Reserve

Postby morneau4 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Truly i was hoping that you were a kid just bashing a team out of rivalry but now that you said you were an adult (implying that because you said u didnt have kids playing) is just kind of sad and of course if you turn on the tv you are going to hear about Hazen. Its the LOCAL news and if you live in the Beulah Hazen area they probably have the best team in that area.
morneau4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kaybee94 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:31 pm

LOCAL means a pretty wide area considering the news comes out of Bismarck not Beulah-Hazen. As I said, it is my opinion, take it or leave it. I like how you attack that particular sentence, but no response to anything else that I validated. Why? Because it is the truth!!
kaybee94
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:38 pm

Hazen does get a little more exposure than probably should, but its only a minimal amount too much. they have had great teams, but unfortunately can't get over the hump come playoff time. As far as Beulah is concerned, they are probably still trying to live off of their horses from the 80's. They haven't been very good at anything..even after moving down a class a few years ago. Not sure why there is such a huge athletic difference between the two as they have always been farely close?? I'm sure that has something to do with it. When you see your rival town getting all this exposure(majority rightfully so) and your town pretty much doing nothing in every sport, you get a little jealous and start to try to bring down the accomplishments of others to make yourself feel like you have accomplished something. Typical parents stuff you see nowdays. Your kid is better than mine, so I will try to discredit him thinking its going to make mine look better. Well, its not. In this case,not trying to make a kid look better, but a towns program look better.
bigpoppakdog

Postby kaybee94 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:43 pm

Nothing to do with jealousy. You stated it yourself....accomplishments. So reaching the state semi-finals is a major accomplishment?? Why don't we just hand out trophy's to all the teams that make the playoffs and crown them?? Here's the bottom line. It isn't about jealousy. I could really care less. It is about giving props to TEAMS that deserve it. From what I've seen, the Hazen teams of the past do not deserve it. And just to set the record, over the last 5 years how many REGION titles have they won??
kaybee94
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:10 am

I see your point, but one thing that I didn't agree with was the "weak region" comment. Don't know of a tougher region in the state the past 10 years? Like I said, you do have a point, but they are deserving of most of the recognition they have received. Who else can the sports writers write about from around the area?? Hazen has had the best programs overall from that area. Trinity is too far away...and a private school...Shiloh got WAY too much recognition..other than that doesn't leave a whole lot. But you are right, they haven't done much after the regular season has ended. If you are from Beulah, I could see how it would get a little old.
bigpoppakdog

Postby cubsfan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:03 am

Berthold
Grant County
Cavalier
Des Lacs Burlington
Harvey
Lamoure
Langdon
Linton
Midway-Minto
New Salem
North Prairie
Milnor/North Sargent
Oakes
Killdeer
Velva
Watford City
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 24U34ME » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:05 am

It should be a good game tonight. I wouldn't miss it! Good luck to both teams. Both teams have quality players on both sides of the ball and are coached well. This game is what Friday Night FB in ND is all about!!!
24U34ME
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SportsBuff » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:07 pm

kaybee94 wrote:Nothing to do with jealousy. You stated it yourself....accomplishments. So reaching the state semi-finals is a major accomplishment?? Why don't we just hand out trophy's to all the teams that make the playoffs and crown them?? Here's the bottom line. It isn't about jealousy. I could really care less. It is about giving props to TEAMS that deserve it. From what I've seen, the Hazen teams of the past do not deserve it. And just to set the record, over the last 5 years how many REGION titles have they won??

i think we all would like to know where you are from kaybee. and to set the record straight no one here is saying oh hazen should have won state everytime and we should just crown them. Yes they have struggled in the semi finals but making it to the semi finals five years in a row or however many years it has been would only suggest that they have a strong program going in hazen. So when a town puts together teams that are in contention for a state title year after year i think they deserve some of the credit they are getting.
SportsBuff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kaybee94 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Read my other posts. Did you just read my last post and then go on a tirade based off of that?? Look back at where and why this discussion started before jumping in with no knowledge.
kaybee94
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SportsBuff » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:55 pm

kaybee94 wrote:Read my other posts. Did you just read my last post and then go on a tirade based off of that?? Look back at where and why this discussion started before jumping in with no knowledge.

A tirade? haha not exactly, all i am trying to do is give you a sense of reasoning as to why hazen has recieved so much credit. and by the way I have read your posts and the entire discussion and seems to me like you have quite the grudge against hazen. And i have read your posts and the entire discussion and i think you need to get your story straight. first you ran a 4.6 forty and then you have kids but not in the football program? i could careless if your a parent or player but just stop playing on both sides of the fence so no one gets confused here
SportsBuff
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A