Pre Season polls

The teams in Class A

Re: Pre Season polls

Postby UNCfan2010 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:26 pm

scc wrote:
cubsfan wrote:
UNCfan2010 wrote:I'd say u got 1-3 pretty good...and Milnor/NS will most likely be in the mix. But Linton...not so much. I feel that they lost to many core players to be a team competing at that level. They might not even be Top 3 in there Region.

Who will be better than Linton this year? They are my favorite to win region 1.

I agree with cubsfan. Linton has to be the favorite in Region 1.

Well...yeah, they still return a good number of skill pos. players...but so does almost every other team in Region 1. If you break them down position by position...they're not a standout team. By the looks of things right now, Maple Valley/Enderlin and Milnor/North Sargent are returning the most beef from last season, and LaMoure/LM not far behind. Just because they had a fantasy season last year (with a loaded offense) does not mean the young guys are gonna step right in and dominate. It just doesn't happen!
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:13 am

I guess I'm from the school that preparation is the key to winning games. With a coach like Imdeike (sp??) in Linton, can you ever really count them out? He will have them prepared to be contenders in the region even if they don't win they will certainly make winning tough for other teams. As a matter of fact, all of the teams you see mentioned here have excellent coaches and can fill spots voided by graduation. Class A should be interesting this year to say the least.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfbfanatic » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:10 pm

kaybee94 wrote:Why they aren't in the top 5? They lose to all-staters that are going to be impossible to replace. Plus, they are not going to just move down to Class A and dominate. There are some returning teams like Harvey, Velva and Linton who are just as good if not better than Hazen. They have some skilled players coming back, but who is going to block for them??? When they meet up with some of the elite teams, they will fold just like they have the last 5 seasons in AA.

Hey, they only lost one offensive lineman. Granted he was pretty good, but they have some talented guys up front. As for folding, there are many teams who reached the semi finals many times before finally making it to the Championship game. Harvey, not sure how many times, but it was quite a few. Making it to the semi's is quite an accomplishment. I wouldn't call it folding.
ndfbfanatic
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go_chucks » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:38 pm

RonMexico wrote:1) Velva
2) Watford City
3) North Prairie
4) Harvey
5) Linton

North Prarie? are you serious or just from rolla or rolette? They lost most of their team from last year, and they were beat down bad in the 1st round. I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs. The other 4 look about right with North Sargent and Hazen probally in a tie for 5th.
go_chucks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby usc55 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 pm

north praire returns alot besides a few lineman and 1 all state player and return 3 all staters
usc55
NDPreps Rookie

Postby RonMexico » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:40 pm

go_chucks wrote:
2) Watford City
3) North Prairie
4) Harvey
5) Linton

North Prarie? are you serious or just from rolla or rolette? They lost most of their team from last year, and they were beat down bad in the 1st round. I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs. The other 4 look about right with North Sargent and Hazen probally in a tie for 5th.

Yes I am serious and no I'm not from Rolla or Rolette. I have seen them play a few times however and always came away impressed with their size and skill. They return a lot of talent unlike your chucks who lost virtually their entire team other than Bryant.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsgod25 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Well hazen just happened to dominate the scrimage in minot with some trouble from harvey they tied at 2 a peice with harvey.
The stomped on Minot high Hazen had 8 td and minot high had 1 first down
Velva and hazen played to and hazen beet them to
sportsgod25
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:48 am

sportsgod25 wrote:Well hazen just happened to dominate the scrimage in minot with some trouble from harvey they tied at 2 a peice with harvey.
The stomped on Minot high Hazen had 8 td and minot high had 1 first down
Velva and hazen played to and hazen beet them to

I think we all know that Hazen is a good football team by now. We also know that the polls are meaningless. I personally am looking forward to a great season in Class A this year. With Hazen, Watford City, and a few other teams coming down from AA this should be a very tough division this year. It looks to me like the west is pretty loaded with good teams. The first poll I saw had WC, Harvey, Hazen, and Velva as the top four, I don't remember who was fifth but it doesn't matter who ever wins it all this year will have to earn it!
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:07 pm

What i wanna know is how Harvey got ranked 2 when they only got 1 First place vote, and Hazen got ranked 3 with 2 first place votes.

If watford wouldent have won it last year, Hazen would have. Hazen was up 35-7 at half untill sorenson got hurt.

im not fammiliar with how the voting goes, so educate me.

I know these polls dont mean anything id just like to know how they do it.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:48 pm

You get five points for being ranked first, four for second, three for third, two for fourth, and one for fifth. So the team with the most points is ranked first and so on until fifth. This means some people had Hazen ranked lower or not at all.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby yakama » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Truce wrote:What i wanna know is how Harvey got ranked 2 when they only got 1 First place vote, and Hazen got ranked 3 with 2 first place votes.

If watford wouldent have won it last year, Hazen would have. Hazen was up 35-7 at half untill sorenson got hurt.

im not fammiliar with how the voting goes, so educate me.

I know these polls dont mean anything id just like to know how they do it.

actually Valley City would have won it because Hazen didnt make it to the championship so if watford wouldnt have valley would've...just had to make a point

Sorenson got hurt in the 4th quarter...Watford just came out in the second half and played great and it was unfortunate that sorenson got hurt but its football and that happens and WC just took advantage of that and drove down the field to win the game...so quit making excuses
yakama
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsgod25 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Yakama, ok first of hazen would have never played valley city if they would of beet watford city during the regular season. Who ever watford played in the playoffs that would have been hazens spot. So another words hazen would have never played vally city because the would have lost to watford anyway. :lol: haha
sportsgod25
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsgod25 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Technicaly brent got hit way late out of bounds ya i would say that is cheap
sportsgod25
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 89Dragon » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 pm

RonMexico wrote:
go_chucks wrote:
2) Watford City
3) North Prairie
4) Harvey
5) Linton

Yes I am serious and no I'm not from Rolla or Rolette. I have seen them play a few times however and always came away impressed with their size and skill. They return a lot of talent unlike your chucks who lost virtually their entire team other than Bryant.

Looked like a pretty Accurate Pick. 3 of the top 4.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to A