Where are they now?

The teams in Class A

Where are they now?

Postby jimmyd » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:50 pm

I just found the site, really cool. Since its the off-season, why don't we have a topic about some of the best players you faced or watched but don't know where they ended up? For me some of the toughest match-ups i faced were: (i hope i'm getting these right, most are in the 2000-2003 range) Rick Advem, a wr/db from Dakota Prarie. Big and strong, definitely the best player on the team i thought. John Torfinn wr/s and Jeremy Hahn te/lb of Park River. Both ran about 6'5", Torfinn was fast as heck and Hahn was strong as an ox. Blair Sandy from Harvey, a DB who was impossible to shake. Mike Brown from Larimore? I remember him being a heck of a player. I also remember Wyndmere having an option QB in '02 who was dang good. I watched a few Cavalier games in '01 and '02 and i remember the RB's Sam Lucier, Jared Trosin, and a Sundby who were all studs. Anybody know if and where these guys ever continued their careers anywhere?
jimmyd
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Where are they now?

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:50 am

There's a lot of good history in the Football Legends forum if you don't get much response here.

viewforum.php?f=43
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:49 am

Rick Avdem from Dakota Prairie, didn't play college football. He went to MSU-Moorehead and graduated with a business degree.

Mike Brown from Larimore, played 2 years are NDSCC and then played 2 years for NDSU. He is back in Larimore working. He assistant coached their varsity footbal team this year.

Blair Sandy from Harvey, played his 4 years at Mary playing QB.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby bus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:12 am

Sundby got hit by a drunk driver and it destroyed his knee, he was playing for und. Lucier went to college at UND i do believe and i think he used to play baseball. Trosen i dont think ever played in college.
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:46 am

Didn't Lucier play baseball down in Iowa for awhile? A JUCO or something? I know he is finishing at UND or has finished.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby jimmyd » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:15 pm

I've been exploring this great site and looked all through the legends thread, thats what gave me the idea for this thread. Guys who were very good players but didn't get the accolades of big name guys. After some searching it looks like Hahn played basketball for Minot State.
jimmyd
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:23 am

pakkyzoo wrote:Didn't Lucier play baseball down in Iowa for awhile? A JUCO or something? I know he is finishing at UND or has finished.

He might have. Wombat would know more about that Cavalier era than I would considering he was a manchild for Cavalier too during that time.
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:04 pm

bus wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:Didn't Lucier play baseball down in Iowa for awhile? A JUCO or something? I know he is finishing at UND or has finished.

He might have. Wombat would know more about that Cavalier era than I would considering he was a manchild for Cavalier too during that time.

Yeah Sam played Juco down in Iowa i think it was a year maybe 2. Sam was an excellent athlete I would have loved to seen him play football in college. Man i feel sorry for anybody who got hit by him haha.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to A