Region 1 in 09-10

The teams in Class A

Region 1 in 09-10

Postby wanttobuyaturkey » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:06 am

How do you think it is goin to turn out???
wanttobuyaturkey
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 1 in 09-10

Postby 8's » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 am

who is all in region 1?
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby wanttobuyaturkey » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:03 am

Linton, Oakes, LaMoure, Maple Valley/Enderlin, Northern Cass, MayPort/C/G, and Griggs Co./Barns Co i think correct me if im wrong
wanttobuyaturkey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Milnor/North Sargent is also in there. Total of 8 teams.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigboyd » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:02 am

Heres how i see this region playing out

1. Milnor/North Sargent- return alot of quality players that should be able to step in and compete right away but loss of drevlow and hansen is goin to hurt them alittle bit.
2.Maple valley/Enderlin- Should be competitive return a good runningback in Von Bank but lose Kaskowski and Hamre
3.Linton- They are always tough and find ways to compete year after year but lose alot of good players also includeing puritan
4. LaMoure/Litchville/Marion- Had a bad year last year but have a good class of seniors and sophmores that got alot of varstiy expeirience
5.Oakes- All i know about this team is they have a good runningback in Hagen but were very competitive in 9 man last year

I dont know anything about the new teams in the region and i also dont know much about mayport either. What are some other predictions?
bigboyd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:25 pm

Mayport loses four starting offensive lineman, their starting running back and full back, their one a couple of their starting receivers on so that is about a eight starters on offense. On defense they lose all three defensive lineman, all four linebackers, and two defensive backs, so that is nine starters on defense. They have some underclassmen that could turn into good lineman but will need to gain some strength over the summer.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby yanks00 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:30 pm

i guess we will just have to see what happens next year. Milnor N/S i would say to compete with northern cass for top 2 playoff spots... then maybe Linton. i could be wrong or right. we'll have to see.
yanks00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 pm

yanks00 wrote:i guess we will just have to see what happens next year. Milnor N/S i would say to compete with northern cass for top 2 playoff spots... then maybe Linton. i could be wrong or right. we'll have to see.

I know very little about Northern Cass. Do they return a lot? I saw their playoff game vs. Oakes where they were really man handled. Like I said, I know very little about them. I guess my expectations for them were pretty low, but that is almost totally based on their playoff loss. I would like to hear what people think of some of the new teams in the region.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri May 22, 2009 7:50 am

I believe that Hermes head coach of LaMoure-Litchville-Marion has resigned this week.....the new coach will be Bickford, the HS principal and AD
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football_1 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Yes, as a close source I know he coached at Wahpeton High for about 10 years, he was head coach for about 7 seasons that he coached there. He went on a playoff run in 1998 and coached against West Fargo in the AAA championchip but fell short in a 12-7 loss.
Last edited by football_1 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
football_1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNCfan2010 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:45 am

I think Bickford is definitely the right fit for LaMoure. With his experience and his strong relation to the students and players, he should be able to turn the Loboes around. This should be a good season for them, but I believe their best teams are a few years down the road. Good Luck to them.
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby rudy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:36 pm

"Yes, as a close source I know he coached at Wahpeton High for about 10 years, he was head coach for about 7 seasons that he coached there. He went on a playoff run in 1998 and coached against West Fargo in the AAA championchip but fell short in a 12-7 loss. He had to leave Wahpeton after the 2002 season after being deployed to Irag. As a coach He beleives in off-season work such as camps, weightlifting, and getting big numbers of kids out, and has a certain weightlifting program. He does have experience though but they still have a lot of work to do if they want to get going in the right directio"

So are you saying the other coach didn't care about those things? I think every coach believes in off season workouts and such, Its getting them to do it. Some athletes seem to have more important things to do like drive around town.
rudy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:38 pm

I don't see why you ask the question--- "So are you saying the other coach didn't care about those things?" I can't see anywhere in football_1's post that would lead you to think such a thing.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballuvr » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Bickford will be a real nice fit for the LoBoes.
Congratulations to Coach Hermes on a great career guiding the LoBoes. Rarely missed playoffs. Real nice tradition created by his teams for 2 1/2 decades.
"get them going in the right direction"?? One extremely rare season last year. The Loboes have been very very rarely under .500. It is true there is a lot of work needed to do. But I don't think the direction changed in one year. It is a tough region though.
Loboes numbers dropping, like in many schools. Number of kids committed dropping, like in many schools. They will be young in the line with possibly 3 sophs starting and soph quarterback. Good solid kids, but still sophs. They have some pretty decent seniors. I think they have a chance to battle for a playoff spot, but we will see how they respond to new coach and some changes in the sysytem.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trench100 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:24 pm

How are the GBC titans going to be? they are a new team going from 9-man to 11 now and in the co-op the two teams that came together won a total of one game last year and it was against eachother. they have a decent number of seniors and a new coaching staff that means buisness. what you all think?
trench100
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNCfan2010 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:46 am

I heard that LLM played a pretty descent game against Lisbon. For most of the game it sounded like they were in control. But I also heard there were a few dumb calls against LLM. I think one was a fumble call that cost them a touchdown. But...beside all that, they still played a great game. (26-6)
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mailman_25 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:13 am

The fumble you are referring too was a legit fumble. Ch. 11 and Fox News both had their camera at a perfect angle and it showed the LaMoure player losing the ball on the way to the ground. It was a close call, but it was a legit fumble. It was however a huge momentum shift in the game, as Lisbon scored a touchdown soon after.

LaMoure will be better and did play better, but let's end the discussion that they got screwed by the refs.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby fbballa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:16 pm

There is no doubt in my mind that Dorich was down. It's not like when he reached, that the ball landed first and bounced up off the ground. His knees were absolutely down at his reach and the bounced off the ground when he did that. It isn't like he was diving head first...he dived and reached, his knees were down for sure.
Last edited by fbballa on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fbballa
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mailman_25 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:04 pm

I was on the fence too about the fumble until I saw the tape on the news. It was a fumble and I agree with you that it was a game-changer. Also, what Lisbon players say it was a fumble? Not any I talked to.

Phil Hansen was the ref who made the call and it was correct. You're obvioulsy from Lamoure and most likely a player. Because if you had the perfect view, that means you were either on the field or standing on the Lisbon side. And I was standing at the goal line when it happened and there was no Lamoure fans on that part of the field.

I was at the game and was impressed with Lamoure, but to say they would've beat Lisbon is a big stretch. Lisbon must've had 100 yards in penalties compared to 1-2 total penalties for Lamoure. 3-4 of those penalties gave big 1st downs to Lamoure to keep Lisbon's offense of the field in the 3rd quarter. Lisbon had the ball 5 times in the second half and scored on 3. The last possession Lisbon downed the ball on the 1 yard line to not run up the score.

Good luck to to Lamoure's team. I think they can win a couple games this year in Region 1.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby fbballa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Every Lisbon player I talked to did. They also agree it was a game changer.
Yes, I had a better view than you.
Not really...they were in control of the game for sure, and would have stayed focused like they had all game and kept stopping Schell. LaMoure was just more disciplined than Lisbon and that is something that makes them a very tough team. LaMoure didn't handle adversity well period.
Last edited by fbballa on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fbballa
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mailman_25 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Well good luck to the Loboes than. I will be rooting for your team in the state championship game. That is, unless the refs get in your way or your legit fumbles cause your more discipline team to lose focus.

Bickford is a good coach. Although I think you are a little off-based, I do think LaMoure played better than anyone thought. For sure Lisbon was over-confident.

Lamoure has now lost 13 games in a row. Thankfully, you have Griggs Barnes County next week.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNCfan2010 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:20 pm

Alright...so their obviously is a lot of controversy on the fumble call. That offensive drive was the turning point of the game. If LLM would've got the TD, they probably would've won the game. Their momentum would've been through the roof and Lisbon would've probably thrown in the towel. But......what really got me going when I was listening to the game...was one of the other calls against LLM during the game. Hample being BOXED-OUT and pushed over by one of Lisbon's receivers and getting called for pass interference. I usually don't blame officials for things like this...but some those calls were just ridiculous!!! The point I'm trying to make is...that game seemed a little favored toward Lisbon. There, now someone give me a great reply, because I know I'm not the only one who is getting sick of high school officials in ND!!!!! In all sports!!!
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:14 am

Then why don't you go get your officiating certificate?!? Have you ever officiated any game at any level? Its definately not as easy as all the fans seem to think it is. Until you put yourself in their shoes you should have no comment on how to do it right.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:24 am

I was a ref for wrestling for just a couple of years, and all I can remember is that it was alot easier from the stands when I used to ref there prior to stepping out on the mat to do it. On top of that to make a judgement call on how bad the officiating was from your observation point in front of your radio probably listening to a LaMoure radio station and the usually biased announcers it is hard to really ascertain what actually happened and exactly how much was embelished by the announcers. I agree with ndlionsfan that you need to take a step back and give the ref some room to do their job. Unfortunately in tight games the losing team will often turn to reffing as the reason why their team lost.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:29 am

It looks like Milnor/North Sargent, Oakes, and Griggs County/BCN are the teams that are off to a good start. I was surprised to see Linton lose. It seems like a wide open region at this point.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to A