Williams County?

The teams in Class A

Williams County?

Postby Cowboyman » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:54 pm

are they going to beable to make a impact in there region with velva and harvey in it?
and thoughts
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Re: Williams County?

Postby winner-within » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Cowboyman wrote:are they going to beable to make a impact in there region with velva and harvey in it?
and thoughts

might be able to make an impression although Velva and Harvey have always been more of a brick wall than an obstacle in the way.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby KyleJRM » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:25 am

It's really hard to tell anything this early.

It's definitely an uphill battle. The enrollment differences are going to be quite a large obstacle. They've got some nice top-end talent, but it'll remain to be seen if the depth is there.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Actually, WC has a higher enrollment than both Velva and Harvey which would have been 9man this year but requested to stay up. The only two schools in their region that have a higher enrollment are Newtown (which has been a walkover the past few years) and Berthold (who was also 9man last year).
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby KyleJRM » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:10 pm

That's what I get for assuming. I stand corrected.

According to the NDHSAA web site, the Region 3 enrollments are:

Lewis and Clark/Our Redeemers: 97
New Town: 90
Garrison/Max: 84
Williams County: 84
DLB: 83
Velva: 80
Stanley-Powers Lake: 75
harvey: 70

That's pretty fairly balanced.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:49 pm

KyleJRM wrote:It's really hard to tell anything this early.

It's definitely an uphill battle. The enrollment differences are going to be quite a large obstacle. They've got some nice top-end talent, but it'll remain to be seen if the depth is there.

I've learned throughout the years when the enrollment thing gets thrown out there it stands with little validation simply because its the program that keeps it going and the dedication of the coaches, the town, the parents and most importantly the kids playing, sure school's can only support so many extra curriculum's but Velva, and Harvey are two lucky schools to have the Sandy brothers at the helm. now if somebody could go out and knock them off the pedestal that in itself is a major accomplishment. Good Luck!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:55 am

KyleJRM wrote:It's really hard to tell anything this early.

Enrollment differences? I'm not sure what that means but both Velva and Harvey opted to stay in 11 man football instead of going down to 9 man.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:22 pm

After this weeks loss to Velva 12-0 I am really interested in next weeks game for Williams County when they host Harvey. Should be a good game to watch and probably my pick for game of the week.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A