The teams in Class A

Milnor/North Sargent

Postby #31_bison » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Any thoughts on Milnor/North Sargent in 2009
#31_bison
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Milnor/North Sargent

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 pm

They should be a top 2-4 team in Region 1. Hansana at quarterback is solid. They have a RB coming back who will be dtough. (Lunneburg?) Avery ang Greenmier returning on the line. They may even win a play-off game for the first time in a few years. It will help that region 1 will be a little down. Linton graduated a lot. Lisbon moved up a class. LaMoure is a year away still. Enderlin-Maple Valley could be decent. If Kindred is still in class A, they are about the same as LaMoure. Is Oakes in this region? If so, they may be better after having some success in 9-man. Should be exciting down in region 1 this year.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby starter21 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:16 am

They should have a decent team returning.. they lost alot of seniors though , It will be hard to replace drevlow, hansen, colemer, shirrel, milishish and there are other ones. It depends on if they stay healthy they lose either luneburg or hansana they are screwed. With the region being so down i think they might not even lose a game during the regular season cause the region will be bad. LIke i said if they stay healthy they will make a run into the playoffs !
starter21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Mailman_25 wrote:They should be a top 2-4 team in Region 1. Hansana at quarterback is solid. They have a RB coming back who will be dtough. (Lunneburg?) Avery ang Greenmier returning on the line. They may even win a play-off game for the first time in a few years. It will help that region 1 will be a little down. Linton graduated a lot. Lisbon moved up a class. LaMoure is a year away still. Enderlin-Maple Valley could be decent. If Kindred is still in class A, they are about the same as LaMoure. Is Oakes in this region? If so, they may be better after having some success in 9-man. Should be exciting down in region 1 this year.

Just currious. Who do you see winning the region if you have Milnor/North Sargent finishing 2-4? Other teams in the region are Linton, Oakes, Maple Valley/Enderlin, Northern Cass, MayPort/C/G, LaMoure, and Griggs Co./Barns Co. I see it as a two team race between Maple Valley/Enderlin and Milnor/North Sargent with Linton coming in third.

The Bulldogs will be looking to fill two holes on the O line. Ben Schutt is also going to be a returning O line starter.

Kindred will be moving up to AA. The Bulldogs play them the first game of the year.

Oakes had some very good success last year in nine man. But they lose most of their line men and now are going to be forced to come up with 2 more in the switch to 11 man. They are very tallented in the back field.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby starter21 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:11 am

they got luneburg but who else issac biss is one but he a year or two away and who is going to play fullback
starter21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mailman_25 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:12 am

They will be top 2-4. No way they beat Linton. I could be wrong, but I think you are way underestimating how hard it will be to replace the guys they lost. How are they going to score? How are they going to stop people from scoring? I am not saying they won't be good. In fact, they should win a playoff game, maybe even two considering they don't have to play Lisbon and Region 2 has not won a playoff game against Region 1 in 2 years. I think most of Region 1 would rather see someone but Linton, including me, but until it happens, you can't pick against Imdeike. In the past 2 years, they have 4 losses - 3 times to Lisbon and 1 against MPCG and 1 against Harvey in Championship.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby starter21 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:09 pm

If they are gonna be a top team hansana is going to have to step up which i think he will. I just hope luneburg will stay healthy cause he gonna have to lead that defense
starter21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Defensively they will quickly realize how much they miss Drevlow. He changed offensive game plans and shut down half the field, and there is no one to replace him.

Fortunatly for Olson Ryan has a younger brother who is a freshman this year

They will also struggle to replace Casey Colemer at linebacker.

They do have Lunneburg and Philip Enderson coming back, so they cupboard isnt totaly bare
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby starter21 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:49 am

Who is going to be the linebackers for them cause they lose Colemer and Michlish. They got to fill the fullback postion (colemer). Wide recievers (tysen, greyson, odegard). Center (michlish). THen they lose Drevlow enough said. Does anyone know who is going to fill these postions? Is there some young guys coming up?
starter21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #31_bison » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:00 pm

This team will do exactly what every other team does to replace the graduation of talented seniors, replace them with other talented players. The "cupboard" is fairly well stocked, just need to have some of the underclassmen step up and make names for themselves. The boys need not worry about the fact that Drevlow and the other seniors are gone, just strap on your gear and go play football. No, you don't easily replace this graduating class, but I think we will be amazed at how well some of these younger players do. Depth has always been an issue for the Bulldogs and will continue to be, need to keep everybody healthy, as do most teams. No gloom and doom here, the Dawgs will be fine.
#31_bison
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:49 am

The Bulldogs will be just fine. Every offense starts with the o line. Their line will be better next fall than it was this. R.T. Landon Avery (sr.) will be back as a third year starter. R.G. Andrew Greenmyer (jr.) will return as a third year starter. L.G. Ben Schutt (sr.) will return as a second year starter. Filling the center spot will likely be Caden Decker (jr.) who last year was an all conference defensive tackle as a sophomore. The L.T. spot will have many capable athletes competing for the spot including jr. Brett Olson, jr. Tanner Martinson, and jr. Austin Johnson. All three of these athletes have been putting in their time in the weight room. Other underclassmen may also push for time at the left tackle. Any way you look at it, their line will be better after a few games than they were this year.

At qb. Josh Hansana (so.) will return as signal caller. Josh did a remarkable job as a freshman this year. He will be much more comfortable next season. Look for him to really put preasure on the D by running the ball more next season. I look for the Bulldogs to average at lease 10 more points per game next season than they did this past fall.

At T.E. Ryan Martinson (jr.) will return as starter. As a sophomore Ryan displayed very good hands and better than average ability to run after the catch. If Ryan had any trouble last season it was with run blocking. He had never played on the line before and made great strides as the year went on. He is very athletic and at 6'4" he has the ability to put on some nice weight by next fall.

At R.B. Seth Luneborg (sr.) will prove to be one of the best in the region. Seth is a returning all state L.B. Seth is the fastest athlete on the team and works his tail off in the weight room.

At W.R. Philip Enderson (jr.) will return after what was basically a lost sophomore season. He broke a bone in the first quarter of the second game of the season. Phillip has great hands and attacks the ball in the air. He started for the Bulldogs as a freshman at corner back. Other wide recievers will be Quinn Schwalk (jr.) strong, athletic, and fast, Austin Roeder (so.) a returning starter at safety, Lucus Melroe (sr.), Cody Colmer (jr.), Gage Hansen (so.), I hate to throw names out here, because I'm sure that I will leave out some quality kids who will compete here. The Bulldogs have a number of athletes who fit the wide receiver mold.

Full Back will be the only place on the offense that they just don't seem to have a real good natural replacement for last years starter Casey Colmer. I could see where they may just change up the offense a bit and go more single back, or more split back and go with more half back types.

On defense, I am not sure what they will run. They have played different fronts the last couple years.

Their D line will be improved. I believe the only graduation loss will be Ryan Drevlow. Ryan was a stud, but they will be very deep with tallented athletes. There is no body who will be able to do what Ryan did last year, but they will be better next year at every other spot of the line. I could see them going to a five man front to take advantage of all the D line types that they have returning.

At L.B. Seth Luneborg (sr.) all state will return. He has a nack for recognizing plays at the snap of the ball, and always brings a load when he get to the ball. Not sure how many backers they will have on the field next year. Other prospects at LB will be Tanner Martinson (jr.) hard nosed kid, Quinn Schwalk (jr.) strong, athletic, and fast, Ben Schutt (sr.) 190lb. athlete, Caden Decker (jr.) 185lb all-con. dt. Probablly missing some here also. But they will be alright.

D.B.'s They have 2 that have at least a season of starting experience. Phillip Enderson (jr.) started as a freshman and was hurt early last season and lost for the year. He is an outstanding athlete. Austin Roeder (so.) started at safety as a freshman last season and did a very nice job. He is a very sure open field tackler and a ball hawk whenever the ball is in the air. Josh Hansana (so.) will likely play on defense also this season. It will be fun to see him play defense this season. I think he was more than capable of playing a lot of D last year, but was protected since he was a freshman starting qb. Other boys who could step in include Grant Martinson (sr.), Lucas Melroe (sr.), Isaac Biss (jr.), Ryan Martinson (jr.), Cody Colmer (jr.), Joe Popp (jr.), Gage Hansen (so.), and once again I'm sure I am missing some boys here.

Another thing that has been a bit of a surprize the last few years is how many freshman have made inpacts on the varsity for the Bulldogs. I don't know what they have coming up for freshman this fall, but the coaches have shown that they are not afraid to put a freshman in a big spot.

#31_bison is correct. The Dawgs will be fine.

If you ask me they will be more than fine.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Coach » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:28 pm

d_fense, very nice rundown of what the Bulldogs bring back. I think your assesment of the skill kids is very good.

I think you may be a little optimistic in the trenches though. Hopefully the OL will be better, you lose two good linemen in Michlitsch and Drevlow that will be tough to fill, but again last year you move one of your best offensive weapons in Drevlow from TE to OL because there is no one else. Also, just like in years past there will be no depth, but they have learned to deal with that so far.

I feel your assesment of the DL is way off, no way they will be better than last year. You can not lose a D-I, once in a lifetime player for a small town and get better. They will realize quickly how much better Drevlows pressence made their Defense. It has been that way for 3 years.

Now does this mean they will be bad, no, they will still be a very good team I would guess 2-3 losses and they will make a playoff run. Their offense will need to step up and score more than they have in the last few years because they will give up more points defensively
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Wed May 20, 2009 11:25 pm

ND_Coach wrote:d_fense, very nice rundown of what the Bulldogs bring back. I think your assesment of the skill kids is very good.

I think you may be a little optimistic in the trenches though. Hopefully the OL will be better, you lose two good linemen in Michlitsch and Drevlow that will be tough to fill, but again last year you move one of your best offensive weapons in Drevlow from TE to OL because there is no one else. Also, just like in years past there will be no depth, but they have learned to deal with that so far.

I feel your assesment of the DL is way off, no way they will be better than last year. You can not lose a D-I, once in a lifetime player for a small town and get better. They will realize quickly how much better Drevlows pressence made their Defense. It has been that way for 3 years.

Now does this mean they will be bad, no, they will still be a very good team I would guess 2-3 losses and they will make a playoff run. Their offense will need to step up and score more than they have in the last few years because they will give up more points defensively

ND_Coach, are you Ryan's mother? You seem to spend a lot of time kissin his butt. :D I personally think Ryan was likely the best D-lineman in the state. But there is a reason he was moved from tight end to tackle on offense. He showed his Jr. year that he couldn't catch a cold. A tight end that can't catch is really just a tackle anyway.

I get that you think that Ryan was very important to their dline last year. But, there is no way that when all other players get a year better, that their line will take any type of stipp backward.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Coach » Sun May 24, 2009 3:46 am

d_fense wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:d_fense, very nice rundown of what the Bulldogs bring back. I think your assesment of the skill kids is very good.

ND_Coach, are you Ryan's mother? You seem to spend a lot of time kissin his butt. :D I personally think Ryan was likely the best D-lineman in the state. But there is a reason he was moved from tight end to tackle on offense. He showed his Jr. year that he couldn't catch a cold. A tight end that can't catch is really just a tackle anyway.

I get that you think that Ryan was very important to their dline last year. But, there is no way that when all other players get a year better, that their line will take any type of stipp backward.

Nope not his mom, former coach and family friend. I also dont see what is wrong with hyping a kid that more than deserves it. Drevlow worked his butt off for me. So did Casey Colemer, who I post about, and Timmy Michlitsch who I have mentioned. Drevlow gets more run because he is accomplishing so much in 3 sports and I am happy he is getting what he worked for. If you don't like it, fine, dont read my posts but dont come on and ask me if I am his mommy and say I am kissing his butt, thats weak.

He was the best D-lineman in the state. And I still maintain that you do not lose a D-1 athlete in a class A program and have the Defensive line as a whole get better, yes the others will get better but it will be tough to replace the production that Ryan had. Now, I do hope they step their game up and playwell, in my opinion though the D-line will not be as tough as last year. Maybe those kids will print this out and post it on the bulletin board and work harder to prove me wrong
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Truce » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:01 pm

ND Coach, hows California?

Drevlow is a heckuva player, but he was and will not be the only part of MNS football. There were many more players that support this years team, Seth Lunneburg, Philip Enderson, Austin Roeder, Landon Avery, Caden Decker, and Andrew Greenmeyer. And in my opinion will be better this year than last, due to having a Quarterback Josh Hansana that is gaining experience, and will be allstate this year, and a reciever team that is young and very good. The line will be Great this year.

MNS Will not miss Ryan as much as you think. these first 3 games are Proof.

there is much more talent there and they will more than fill the loss.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mailman_25 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Are you serious??? You must be on the team to say something that crazy! Or Drevlow stole your girlfriend.

Who have you played the first 3 weeks? Kindred is terrible. They haven't won a game in forever. GCC/BCN combined for 1 win last year - GCC over BCN. And Enderlin-MV, which E-MV was up at halftime. Should we hand over the trophy now?

When a player of Drevlow's caliber is on the field, you run the other way. You than can load up the other side with better linebackers. Ask the coaches from Linton and Lisbon what they thought about Drevlow's impact on the field.

You are right that Hansana is a stud and will only get better. M/NS should win at least one playoff game this year because their region is weaker. The Bulldog's are well-coached, but have yet to win a playoff game in class A. Linton and Lisbon's teams last year would love to play M/NS without Drevlow. Northern Cass, LaMoure, Griggs, MPCG scare no one. Enderlin-MV is decent. Linton and maybe Oakes will be the only real tests.

I suppose you think North Sargent's Basketball team will be better too!
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby #31_bison » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Mailman, how many playoff games did the Bulldogs win with Drevlow. Zero. One player does not make a team. If he was so darn dominant he should have led the dawgs to the state championship game. He didn't. Now all he does when he attends the dawgs games is critasize the current players and coaches. I guess the program should have ended when he graduated. Drevlow graduated, he's gone, lets focus on the current Bulldog players. If you want to talk about a Drevlow, talk about Zac, his younger brother, he is the only relevent Drevlow on the Bulldogs TEAM now.
#31_bison
NDPreps Reserve

Postby starter21 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:01 am

All i got to say is this years team would not beat last years team. As good as hansana is last year team really underachieved. This years team has a easier schedule alot easier schedule. Last year they had three of the top rated team in the region. If you look at it they were alot deeper last year with all the young talent and seniors. They had a good set of running backs with lunneburg and enderson and colemer and fullback. They had a really good line . Both sides . There linebackers were some of the best in the state. Secondary was good. This year maybe a little better but last year Phillip enderson got hurt it would of been nice for them to have him. IF you really honestly look at position the quaterback is better and tight end, maybe secodary. I am just stating a opion and i want to wish the bulldogs the best of luck!!
starter21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #31_bison » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:00 pm

Soooo, do all the future Bulldog teams have to live under the shadow of the greatest Bulldog team ever, the 2008 team. Let it go and start supporting the current team, regardless of the schedule, Drevlow, or whatever. The 2008 team was a very fun team to follow, but so is this years bunch. Nobody will argue that last years team was good, lets just give a little credit to this years team, they have a big game against Oakes on Friday night, that should be the focus, not on a bunch of players that graduated last year.
#31_bison
NDPreps Reserve

Postby starter21 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:01 pm

I agree man i aint tellin to live under there shadow. I am just sayin i think the 2008 team was better then this team. Not much but i think they are just my opion. I honestly wish them the best of luck this season i fulley expect them to be in the dome. So good luck dawgs!!!
Last edited by starter21 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starter21
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A