Harvey vs. Linton-HMB

The teams in Class A

Re: Harvey vs. Linton-HMB

Postby d_fense » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:52 pm

bleacherfan wrote:I've seen Harvey play twice, and I'm picking them to tear Linton-HMB apart. Easily.

And how many times have you seen Linton-HMB play?
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby bleacherfan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Zilcho! My prediction stands.
bleacherfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby number_one_fan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:37 pm

I think Linton has a pretty good chance to beat Harvey. I think they have an even better chance if the guys in stripes aren't playing for Harvey. BTW I hope Linton makes all of you eat your words.
number_one_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d-stopper45 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:40 pm

like Lisbon should've last year.......oh wait, we're ashamed to talk about that.
d-stopper45

Postby number_one_fan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Haha true that d-stopper. My theory on the west is that, sure, they have two dominant team but other than that there ain't much else out there. Say Harvey last year, how do you play all season in the west average giving up 50 yards rushing per game, then go to the championship and play an east team and give up 250 yards rushing?????? I have the answer for you. There is NO other decent teams out there besides Harvey and Velva. Like it or not, thats my opinion on the "Dominant" west.
number_one_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 07AF » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:44 am

:roll:
07AF

Postby Truce » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:16 am

Harvey shut out the best team in A football this year, in my opinion. I have seen linton play, and as much as i would rather see linton kick the heck out of harvey, i dont think it will happen. I hope for a good game. that is all.

Keep the spread under 14 points.

My wish? Linton 28 - 21

my prediction? Harvey 28-14
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby taveg » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:52 pm

this game will come down to one thing. lintons offensive line. if they give purinton time, he will pick harvey apart, if they dont perform well, linton will lose in a blowout. we know linton can stop the run, but if purinton starts getting sacked they will lose the field position game and harvey will start scoring.
lintons o line has not impressed me all season and their running game is only average. they need the passing game to open up and they can only do that if the offensive line gives him time
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:07 pm

The only thing that would concern me if I was Harvey is that are they expecting this game to be easier than the game against Velva? If they believe that they won the championship last week, they might be surprised by a good Linton team. It happens all the time, a great team coming off a big win suffers a big letdown the next week. I think Linton has been hearing all week how they can't beat Harvey, I bet they come out jacked up. But in the end, speed and execution usually wins. Good Luck to both teams!
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby eastwood99 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:22 pm

Harvey wins barely....21-14. Wolfe rushes for over 120 yards,2 TD's. Both defenses will be tough, you watch and see. 8)
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Harvey 476
Linton minus 3

Diiit-ka comes out of retirement and realizes he has one high school game left in his eligibility, finds a way to actually subtract points from the other team.

( ok Linton scores 6- then Harvey answers with 20 straight points. Final- 20-13)
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby preston » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:58 am

its going to come down to penalties, turnovers, and extra points, no blow out this week....dont know who is gonna win, its gonna be great watching these two teams leave all out on the field...but can i say GO LIONS!!
preston

Postby bleacherfan » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:17 pm

And all I can say is "CONGRATULATIONS HARVEY!"
bleacherfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby preston » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:23 pm

great game...both teams played their hearts out, not cool i was right about the turnover, but harvey deserved it....good job both teams
preston

Postby number_one_fan » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:47 am

Congratulations to Harvey on a legitimate state championship. They actually deserved it this year.
number_one_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 07AF » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:17 am

I think it goes like this. Harvey deserved both of them because they won both of them. Lisbon did not and Linton did not. WHY? Because they both lost. Harvey did not cheat or play dirty to win either title. They played hard and fair. What we have here is people who cannot let 1 play (where they Lisbon couldn't pick up a yard for a first) go. If you feel the need to continue to complain go find people like yourself (who accually care) and agree with each other. And remember no matter how many times you bring that play up..... Harvey still won. CONGRATS HARVEY ON TWO STRAIGHT TITLES!!!!!!!
07AF

Postby Truce » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:12 am

Destroyed? Harvey was behind till the very end of the game against lisbon, and only beat Linton by 14...

I think those are far from Destroyed.

harvey played a good game., it goes to show what one play can do to a game. Take that fumble away, and i think it woulda been a 7-7 game.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby 07AF » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:27 am

Uh huh, :roll:
Last edited by 07AF on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
07AF

Postby taveg » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:47 pm

Truce wrote:Destroyed? Harvey was behind till the very end of the game against lisbon, and only beat Linton by 14...

I think those are far from Destroyed.

harvey played a good game., it goes to show what one play can do to a game. Take that fumble away, and i think it woulda been a 7-7 game.

actually linton doesnt kick extra points so the score would have been 6-7 or 8-7, which in my opinion would have made it a little more interesting
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dakotakid » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:12 am

as far as i'm concerned linton put a beating on harvey just as much as harvey put on them i mean they held wolfe to what 20 some rushing in the first half and he's an all-state runningback and it took harvey 10 mins to score on the final drive so both teams were right in it till the end wolfe gained almost 80yds on the final drive now you cant say that linton got blown out and by the way that must have been a pretty good "JV" harvey had since they could have won with them in
dakotakid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 07AF » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:18 am

The drive lasted 10 minutes because they wanted it to. They didn't want to give linton the ball with any time to do anything. Linton didn't get blown out. They got worked. And Harvey just outlasted them. And yes, Wolfe is an all-state back. He proved it when he got ,what was it, 80 yards on one drive. That is the real way to win a close game you are ahead in.
07AF

Postby eastwood99 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:42 am

Really good defense by the Harvey Hornets! Congratulations!
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:06 pm

This was a very well played game by both teams. The turning point was the turnover by Linton when they were in the redzone. Harvey was a lot bigger than I thought they would be and were one of the most physical teams I have seen in some time.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby A-Fanatic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:55 pm

07AF wrote:The drive lasted 10 minutes because they wanted it to. They didn't want to give linton the ball with any time to do anything. Linton didn't get blown out. They got worked. And Harvey just outlasted them. And yes, Wolfe is an all-state back. He proved it when he got ,what was it, 80 yards on one drive. That is the real way to win a close game you are ahead in.

Yeah Harvey wanted to chew up some clock but that drive didn't last that long because they wanted it too it took that long because they had to grind it out. Give Linton some credit they didn't hang their heads and just give up they kept battling. Give Harvey credit too it was a very impressive drive and the fact that it did take that much time off the clock was a huge bonus! Even if they hadn't scored Linton would've had to drive the length of the field without any timeouts and against Harvey's defense that would've been near impossible!
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby 07AF » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:18 pm

Good points
07AF

PreviousNext

Return to A