Harvey vs. Linton-HMB

The teams in Class A

Re: Harvey vs. Linton-HMB

Postby 8's » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:53 am

what was meant by number_one_fan when he said harvey ACTUALLY deserved it this year???
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:50 am

8's wrote:what was meant by number_one_fan when he said harvey ACTUALLY deserved it this year???

Did you see last years game? Harvey was very fortunate to win that game. Lisbon went for it on 4th and 1 late in the game. They got very close and a lot of people felt that the officials gave them a very bad spot and so they turned it over on downs. Harvey had a short field managed a big play and then they were able to punch it into the endzone to win the game. I would dare say that he is one of those that felt Lisbon got screwed on the spot of the ball. That's his opinion and it really isn't worth arguing. Bad calls are a part of the game they are much more magnified late in the game and especially a close game with so much on the line. Either way you look at it, it was a tough call and the refs did their best. Harvey won the game and that's the only stat that really matters.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby 8's » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:08 pm

fortunate is not the word i would use, in the situation lisbon was in, why would you not punt the ball? Last year harveys defense was the best in the state and no one could run against them, especially not their six man front.lisbon had been doing a great job all game running the ball at harvey, but still,even if it was only 4th and 1, there is under 2 minutes left and you have decent field position, punt the ball and pin them deep. they were trailing 14-18, a field goal wasnt gunna cut it, say it was a 20-30 yard punt, harvey has 80 yards to go in under 2 minutes, needing a td, maybe the decision on what to do on that 4th down should have been thought through a little more. maybe lisbon had faith in their offense, or maybe they were just afraid of harveys,we'll never know, but my opinion is that the turnover on downs call was the right one, maybe if they would have punted the ball it would have ended differently, again, we'll never know. harveys offense was very explosive and in the those last few minutes they really showed it.i think that the better team one that game, not taking anything away from lisbon, it was a good, hard fought game that had everyone on the edge of their seats
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby builttolast » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:02 am

8's wrote:fortunate is not the word i would use, in the situation lisbon was in, why would you not punt the ball? Last year harveys defense was the best in the state and no one could run against them, especially not their six man front.

Lisbon had already put u over 250 yards on the ground, why not get one more? He made the right call to go for it.
builttolast

Postby 8's » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:15 am

well then his offense let him down
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby starinthemaking » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:30 pm

Congratulations to Harvey on their 2nd Deserving State Title in the past two years! All this garbage about how they didn't deserve to win last years title is ridicuous. Lets go through a few things here:

1) Did Harvey score more points. Yes. Check 1
2) Were their any missed calls in the football game. No. Check 2 (only in the minds of the fans were there missed calls, the refs called what they saw and the fans, players and coaches must live with that and Yes I do believe there were calls that could have went either way, but believe me I have been an official for basketball and number 1 its alot harder than it looks and number 2 you can never please both sides. The refs call what they see and that's the end)
3) Was Lisbon inside the 5 yard line earlier in the game and did they fail convert that drive into points. YES! Check 3, maybe we could give Harvey's D some credit!
4) Did Lisbon make the plays when it mattered the most. NO. Check 4
5) Did Harvey make the plays when it mattered the most. YES! Check 5
6) THE MOST IMPORTANT! Do fans only remember what happens at the END of the GAME! YES. Only the smart fans, the ones that truly pay attention to the game realize that there are more plays throughout the game that play just as big if not bigger role in the outcome of the game than ONE play at the end. For all those who can't give up what happened over a year, Please I beg you to move on!!!!

Now back to this year, Congrats to Harvey and Linton for a couple of awesome seasons! Good luck to all next year!
starinthemaking

Postby 8's » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:32 pm

yes, i agree...thank you for saving me the typing
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby east5840 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:04 am

8's wrote:fortunate is not the word i would use, in the situation lisbon was in, why would you not punt the ball? Last year harveys defense was the best in the state and no one could run against them, especially not their six man front....

I would say that Harvey did get fortunate last year ya lisbon couldnt put it in on the 5 yard line because there was a call to run right and it was changed to go left in the huddle, and i guess its a regretable situation that was made as a team. With that said it wasnt the coaches call to go for it on fourth down, it was a no brainer that harvey would bring the house and maybe a blocked punt could happen. So we decided to go for it cause why not we have had 250 rushing yards by one player. On the 4th down play we made it in my opinion i just so happened to be right there, the back judge called the spot back from where the side judge initially marked it, for reasons i dont know why. but then harvey got that one big run and a key pass to sandy, and the rest is history. we lost and theres nothing anyone can do to change that, but i guess ill be one of those guys who thinks that harvey just has the trophy they didnt win the game. But i watched the Linton harvey game and they played tough controlled the ball game in the second half and i congratulate Harvey on the win.
east5840
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 8's » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:32 pm

Ya...i was right there to, i think we stopped you, but if the situation was the other way around i would probably be saying that we got it to, thats just how it goes
8's
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to A