The teams in Class A

Best Player in Class A???

Postby select21 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:38 pm

throw out some names
select21
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best Player in Class A???

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:36 pm

velva's linebacker. don't know his name. If he has been described as Velva's best ever, then he must rank up there at the top all time for North Dakota.
bigpoppakdog

Postby RonMexico » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:08 pm

Josh Weidler, he's a beast
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsdude » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Weidler is a good player,but you can't ovelook Kordel Wolfe. He does it all for Harvey on both sides of the ball. He's definitely one of the top running backs in the state as well as doing a great job as defensive end.
sportsdude

Postby old fan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 pm

The best player in Class A is not necessarily on one of the top teams. On this basis my vote is for Karl Hager, Larimore Highschool. When you consider that the team he was on had a very weak line, little or no passing and a very vanilla game plan and he still gained over l,000 yards, as a running back and made truely outstanding plays from his safety position, what he accomplished is amazing. If he is not the best player he is not far behind any other player.
old fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby uconn_8 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:39 pm

Hager is a very good ballplayer. It would've been nice to have seen what that kid could have done playing for a spread offense like Dakota Prairie. His style of play was not fit for Larimore's offense at all.

My top 3 would be Weidler, Hager and Wolfe (in no particular order). I hope all three of these players make it on the Mon-Dak roster, they deserve it.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Beston51 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:58 pm

I think Michael Bonn from NP is a very good ball player. In my opinion one of the best.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby packerfan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:19 am

i hope ur joking
packerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:10 am

The best running back in the east is Brandon Schell. He is also a very good linebacker. Karl Hager is probably the third best running back in his own region. He is just as good if not better safety though.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lightsout » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:13 am

cubsfan wrote:The best running back in the east is Brandon Schell. He is also a very good linebacker. Karl Hager is probably the third best running back in his own region. He is just as good if not better safety though.

is that a joke?
lightsout

Postby cubsfan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:00 am

Jay Jelinek and Ethan Kyllo are both better running backs imo. Hager's line was probably the second best in the region's. Adam Sletten and Jake Ophaug are both very good lineman. Brandon Berger is another decent lineman for them.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby riseup11 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:11 pm

Larimore's line was average at best. Even Sletten and Ophaug were undersized especially for a wing T offense. Hager made both mayville and park river players literally fall over themselves on the field. Jelinek had holes almost 5 feet wide at times during their playoff game whereas Hager had to fight for every yard. He is by far the best all around player in the region and one of the top five in the state, hands down. It would be a great injustice if he wasn't selected for the Mon-dak.

I would also put my vote out there for Justin Purintun for one of the top players. He's been a solid quarterback for Linton for three or four years now. After leading them to a state appearance last year, I believe he deserves some respect as one of the best in the state.
riseup11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby packerfan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:51 pm

get ur facts right. linton was not is the state game last year it was lisbon
packerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football_lives_on » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:07 am

you should at least know who was in state last year
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby lightsout » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 am

I think he meant two years ago.. Purinton led his team to state as a sophomore
lightsout

Postby riseup11 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Yes, my mistake. Linton was in the championship two years ago, when purintun was a sophomore, a fact that even better attests to his poise through the years.
riseup11
NDPreps Rookie

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 pm

I agree that Purintan is an outstanding quarterback. However, the highlights that I have seen of him throwing he has had all day to throw. When he is against tough teams like Lisbon who puts pressure on him he is not the bright shining star that he appears to be in other games. I think a lot of his success has to be credited to his line. When you have a week and a half to throw it makes it easier to find an open reciever. I don't know a lot about the teams out east but I think guys who get it done without extra help are better suited for this distinction.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby aceofspades » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:08 pm

"I think a lot of his success has to be credited to his line. When you have a week and a half to throw it makes it easier to find an open reciever. "

You just described every good quarterback...either at the high school or pro level. They usually don't get to be a "good" quarterback if they don't have a good line.
aceofspades
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A