NDPreps All-State

Re: Harvey at Velva

Postby A-Fanatic » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:56 pm

I can sum up this game for you in one word. DEFENSE
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jwall512 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:32 pm

I like Velva in this one i just think there defense is better than anyone in the state and i think it will be an even wider margin of victory than last time something like 28-13
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby RonMexico » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:11 pm

Velva 14
Harvey 6
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsnut » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:44 am

Velva has some injuries to some very key players. I believe Kittleson is done for the year, and some other kids might not be able to go this weekend. I going to go out on a limb and pick Harvey in a nail biter..... 24-21.

Good luck to both teams and may Coach Sandy win. lol.
ndsportsnut
NDPreps Starter

Postby region3dominates » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:12 am

Velva has been resting some key players that had injuries just so they can be ready for this game. Yeah Kittelson is out for the year with a shoulder injury but Wiest is back at 100% from his ankle injury so you pick your poison. Velvas defense has only given up 6 total yards in the playoffs thats pretty tough if you ask me. I'm not sure what Harveys done but i know if they can't pass they are in trouble. Both defenses are extremely tough and this will be a close game (should be the state championship) final score velva 17 harvey 8.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby region3dominates » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:32 am

I wasn't able to put a comment on the NSGU Velva game but i thought that the boys from NSGU played a heck of a game and never gave up they just couldn't find a way to combat velvas speed. as for a beatdown no i don't think so yeah the score was lopsided but on the field it was a hard fought battle and closer than the score. Congrats NSGU on a great season you have nothing to hang your heads about good luck to the kids next year and the rest of their sports this year. I look forward to seeing the holsteins on the wrestling mat. 8)
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby region3dominates » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:36 am

Just a thought cubsfan an apology should be sent to the DLB players coaches and fans as well
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football101 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:54 am

The winner will be the State Champ. It's a shame they come from the same region. Both are very good teams with great defenses. it will be a dogfight. I think Velva comes out on Top this year.
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastfan1 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Last year the same thing was said..."this should be the state championship game, its a shame". The real state championship was played in the dome last year and both teams proved why they were there. Yes harvey and velva are excellent teams, but i wouldnt go as far as to make claims that this is the real championship game. I do wish I could see this harvey and velva game, it sounds like its going to be a good one.
eastfan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsdude » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:03 pm

Velva has been playing at a very high level all year,but there is one key stat that you have to look at. Harvey has shut out every opponent since facing Velva. Although their competition wasn't the greatest during the regular season, that is still an impressive stat, especially after the last few weeks. Their defense is operating at its highest level all year. Whoever makes it to 14 points will win this. If both teams manage to make it there,then all bets are off.

I'm taking Harvey 21-14.
sportsdude

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:26 pm

Velva still leads in the fewest points allowed catergory as well as the points scored catergory. Harvey couldn't keep Velva from ripping off 5-8 yards on first down carries in their first meeting and the weather doesn't appear as though it will be on the side of a passing game so Harvey may have to run more and pass less. Something that hasn't worked well with Velva. On the other hand Velva is without one of thier best ball carriers in Collin Kittelson and his shoulder injury. Harvey will have one less person to worry about in that aspect. Points may be tough to come by but I think Velva has too much talent behind the line that keying on one person isn't going to work.

Velva by two touchdowns.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uconn_8 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:43 pm

eastfan1 wrote:Last year the same thing was said..."this should be the state championship game, its a shame". The real state championship was played in the dome last year and both teams proved why they were there. Yes harvey and velva are excellent teams, but i wouldnt go as far as to make claims that this is the real championship game. I do wish I could see this harvey and velva game, it sounds like its going to be a good one.

Very true in last year's case with Lisbon. But I haven't seen anything in the east comparable to the defenses that Harvey and Velva have put up. Not a knock on the east, I just think Velva and Harvey are the best two teams in A
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:34 pm

region3dominates wrote:I wasn't able to put a comment on the NSGU Velva game but i thought that the boys from NSGU played a heck of a game and never gave up they just couldn't find a way to combat velvas speed. as for a beatdown no i don't think so yeah the score was lopsided but on the field it was a hard fought battle and closer than the score. Congrats NSGU on a great season you have nothing to hang your heads about good luck to the kids next year and the rest of their sports this year. I look forward to seeing the holsteins on the wrestling mat. 8)

They are still a little shell shocked yet. Velva is good and its good for the boys to see what it takes to get to that level. Hopefully some of the younger guys can see what the next level looks and feels like so they will put some time in the off-season lifting some weights. My prediction, if Harvey hasn't improved from our meeting back in week 2, that Velva will win 28-0
bigpoppakdog

Postby Beston51 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:53 pm

I got Velva 22-14
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:51 am

This game is all about defense. Since these two teams have played back in week 4 they have given up a total of 7 points. Harvey has put nothing but zero's and Velva allowed North Prairie 7 points before slamming the door. Now it is true that Velva and Harvey are in a league of their own in the west this year so it's not saying too much that they've put up these kind of numbers. However, it is quite obvious that they both play great defense. This game could very likely come down to a big turnover, or a stupid penalty on the offensive side of the ball. I gotta give the edge to Velva simply because they are so multifaceted (I hope I spelled that right). They have so many guys that can run the ball and they mix the pass in pretty effectively. Harvey will run Wolfe 20-30 times per game. That won't work against Velva. They're gonna have to mix it up a little bit and try to keep Velva honest on defense or it will be a long day. I'll take Velva 14-7.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby region3dominates » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:55 am

I like your prediction bigpoppakdog but I don't think it will be that big of a spread.

Velva 13 Harvey 6
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:55 pm

I'm thinking 20 - 7 Velva wins with a missed field goal.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby 07AF » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:12 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:
region3dominates wrote:I wasn't able to put a comment on the NSGU Velva game but i thought that the boys from NSGU played a heck of a game and never gave up they just couldn't find a way to combat velvas speed. as for a beatdown no i don't think so yeah the score was lopsided but on the field it was a hard fought battle and closer than the score. Congrats NSGU on a great season you have nothing to hang your heads about good luck to the kids next year and the rest of their sports this year. I look forward to seeing the holsteins on the wrestling mat. 8)

They are still a little shell shocked yet. Velva is good and its good for the boys to see what it takes to get to that level. Hopefully some of the younger guys can see what the next level looks and feels like so they will put some time in the off-season lifting some weights. My prediction, if Harvey hasn't improved from our meeting back in week 2, that Velva will win 28-0

I don't think the scored will be as lopsided as 28-0. It is like you think Harvey is just Garbage by saying that. How bout this one will be close and that both teams have a good chance. I will give it to Harvey to counter bigpoppakdog 26-20 OT.
07AF

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:30 pm

To think that it could not be lopsided is wrong. Velva had a big game against Harvey in their first meeting. Do I think it will be lopsided? No. I think it will be a good game and I can't wait until Saturday to see this one in person. Harvey is going to need a passing game to make it a game though, something they weren't able to do in the previous meeting. If they can get the passing game going then it opens all sorts of possibilities for them. Weather could play a factor in this one as well, if it is wet it makes it tough to throw and running alone will not do it against Velva....imo.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kicker » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Just curious does anyone have Velva's stas such as how many kids have scoring stats recieving, rushing ect :?: :?: :?:
kicker

Postby A-Fanatic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:41 pm

07AF wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:

I don't think the scored will be as lopsided as 28-0. It is like you think Harvey is just Garbage by saying that. How bout this one will be close and that both teams have a good chance. I will give it to Harvey to counter bigpoppakdog 26-20 OT.

I don't see both teams scoring in the 20's in this one but OT wouldn't surprise me at all. It is also possible that the score could end up being rather lopsided, but not likely. I don't think either team can really afford any mistakes, I believe this one will come down just a few key plays with, of course, the team making those plays being the winner.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby region3dominates » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:22 pm

I hope this game lives up to its billing. It should be a good hard hitting game and the way both D's have been playing a low scoring game with the team with the fewest mistakes winning.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:50 pm

Yeah, my predictions are pretty much based on limited viewing of these two teams. So if its way off, I wouldn't be surprised because I don't have much knowledge other than NSGU playing each team once and Velva definitely making a bigger impression. But, then again that was so long ago when they played Harvey and with the in region rivalry both teams will step up their games. Seems Velva has more weapons than Harvey. Harvey has three studs without a doubt, but not sure if that will be enough to beat Velva. I'm still going to stick with 28-0 as insane as it sounds or not.
bigpoppakdog

Next

Return to A