Harvey at Velva

The teams in Class A

Re: Harvey at Velva

Postby toddjames » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:30 am

Velva's defense is extremely tough and it showed last weekend, and earlier in the year when they played Harvey at Harvey... expect more of the same on Saturday... plus they really lost only one player (Austyn Kittleson) for sure, and they have plenty to resort to... this is going to be a hard-nosed game, real smash mouth type of football, but Harvey needs to get the passing game going if they want to keep it close...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:50 am

toddjames wrote:Velva's defense is extremely tough and it showed last weekend, and earlier in the year when they played Harvey at Harvey... expect more of the same on Saturday... plus they really lost only one player (Austyn Kittleson) for sure, and they have plenty to resort to... this is going to be a hard-nosed game, real smash mouth type of football, but Harvey needs to get the passing game going if they want to keep it close...

Looks like the weather may play a factor in the passing game for all teams. I think this will play to the favor of both Velva and Lisbon for this weekends games.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsdude » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:26 pm

Isn't it Collin Kittelson that is out and not Austin?
sportsdude

Postby A-Fanatic » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:37 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:
toddjames wrote:Velva's defense is extremely tough and it showed last weekend, and earlier in the year when they played Harvey at Harvey... expect more of the same on Saturday... plus they really lost only one player (Austyn Kittleson) for sure, and they have plenty to resort to... this is going to be a hard-nosed game, real smash mouth type of football, but Harvey needs to get the passing game going if they want to keep it close...

Looks like the weather may play a factor in the passing game for all teams. I think this will play to the favor of both Velva and Lisbon for this weekends games.

We've got just over 1.5" of rain in Velva today with the worst of this potential winter storm yet to come. I've heard we could possibly get as much as 6-10" of snow tonight through Friday morning. If that's the case it make for some real sloppy playing conditions. I don't if that would favor either team but it should make for a very interesting game. On the other hand it should be real good for deer hunters!
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby select21 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:31 pm

yes it is collin kittelson not austyn.
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Anybody have a copy of NSGU vs Velva could I please get a copy of it? We had a new video person for this one and it was such a bad copy. Please PM me if you can get this or know who I can contact. thanks much.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:04 pm

The precip seems to be hitting Velva quite hard. Looks to be a sloppy game..... field wise.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby region3dominates » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:52 pm

In Velva right now there is about a foot of snow and still snowing hard. It's a heavy wet snow as well.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby region3dominates » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:01 pm

I don't know where you get that harvey is no good considering that they are the defending state champs at class A. as far as i can see is that you need to get your facts before you go ragging on anybody. You must be from one of the teams that they beat this season.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kicker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:47 pm

So I heard Harvey put up thier field goal posts. Can anyone verify this? :?:
kicker

Postby A-Fanatic » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:48 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:The precip seems to be hitting Velva quite hard. Looks to be a sloppy game..... field wise.

I'd say at least a foot of wet heavy snow so far today. I don't know how they are going to have the field ready for Saturdays game. Hope they have a lot of volunteers with snowblowers. At this point I would say it very possible the game will have to moved or rescheduled, although a few years ago this same thing happened and they got the field ready and the game was played Saturday instead of Friday night. So I'll keep the faith for now and expect that the game will go on as scheduled!
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby region3dominates » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:17 pm

Velva will do whatever it takes to have the field ready for Saturday they will not give home field advantage. It may be wet but it will be snow free.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 5-time state chump » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:54 pm

What's the weather been doing in Velva?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 07AF » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:30 am

From the Mod: I edited out the stupid post. You are right, just ignore stupid posts like that.
region3dominates wrote:I don't know where you get that harvey is no good considering that they are the defending state champs at class A. as far as i can see is that you need to get your facts before you go ragging on anybody. You must be from one of the teams that they beat this season.

region3dominates. Don't feed the troll. If you don't feed him and just ignore him I think he might go away. We wouldn't want to make him feel good by responding to him. Then he will just hang around. :roll:
07AF

Postby region3dominates » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:41 am

Good point 07AF we all know the truth about both teams on this side in the semis.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby region3dominates » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:46 am

It seems to have finally quit snowing here not sure what time it quit but they've got at least 14 to 16 inches on the ground and it's a heavy wet snow. I've heard rumor that the game may be moved to minot and played after the msu/dsu game cause they had herb parker covered with tarps.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby builttolast » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:19 am

Rememebr last year when Harvey was supposed to have the best D in the state? Then they played Lisbon in the ship and Lisbon racked up like 250 yards of offense on them? Maybe they have the best d against the west, but I'm expecting Lisbon or Linton to put up many yards against either of these defenses. It will be a good game regardless of who gets there.
builttolast

Postby region3dominates » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:22 am

Not this year my friend velvas d is unbelievable they have given up only 6 or 7 total yards in the playoffs so far. and averaging almost 400 yards of their own.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby region3dominates » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:22 pm

The Velva Harvey game will be played at herb parker stadium tomorrow night at 6:30pm
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Does anybody know if MSU had the field covered with tarps before the snow hit?
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby region3dominates » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:38 pm

sounded like they covered it on wed.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 07AF » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:15 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:They are still a little shell shocked yet. Velva is good and its good for the boys to see what it takes to get to that level. Hopefully some of the younger guys can see what the next level looks and feels like so they will put some time in the off-season lifting some weights. My prediction, if Harvey hasn't improved from our meeting back in week 2, that Velva will win 28-0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
07AF

Postby ND Sports Fan » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:45 pm

Game over guys. Harvey 27, Velva 0. Harvey dominated this one at the line of scrimmage and ran away with it.
ND Sports Fan

Postby TapouTfighter » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:44 pm

anyone else waiting to see what bigpoppa has to say?
TapouTfighter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:51 pm

well, it wasn't Harvey AT Velva. But regardless, all I can say is WOW. Velva gave up what 21 points all year and to give up 27 in conditions like this??? What did Harvey do differently? But, didn't I say Harvey 28 Velva 0?? :wink: :wink: :wink:
bigpoppakdog

PreviousNext

Return to A