Harvey at Velva

The teams in Class A

Re: Harvey at Velva

Postby 07AF » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:51 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:well, it wasn't Harvey AT Velva. But regardless, all I can say is WOW. Velva gave up what 21 points all year and to give up 27 in conditions like this??? What did Harvey do differently? But, didn't I say Harvey 28 Velva 0?? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nice. :lol:

I checked and they gave up 27 points the whole year till this game. 54 on the year. Harvey has pitched 9 shutouts so far, 7 straight and counting. Impressive. Good luck at state Harvey
07AF

Postby jtdc492 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:55 am

Harvey showed up at the right field at the right time and played the right game when it counted.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby A-Fanatic » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:51 pm

Well I'm not sure what happened Saturday but talking to a couple of the parents it sounded like Velva just never had their heads in the game like they really didn't care and they played like it. That was by far the worst I have ever seen Velva play in a very long time. I do think that the field conditions neutralized Velva's quickness on the line and Harvey was able to completely dominate up front. Their line is huge and once they got a head of steam going it was hard to stop them. Velva also tackled very poorly in that game. A running back like Kordell Wolfe isn't gonna go down right away when you tackle him high, and Velva was doing that all night. I gotta give Harvey credit though they found something that worked on Saturday and stuck to it. They just pounded the ball up the gut all night and their big linemen were able to get a good push and dominated the game. Congrats to Harvey, and good luck at state. Hope to see you on the field again next year!
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby 8's » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:28 am

You know,from all the fighting we did about this game about a month ago, i just have to say i told you so...you insisted that velva was the better team and that they totally dominated harvey, well maybe they did dominate us back in week 4, but we dominated them when it counted, and thats really all that matters, even when no1 gave us any hope.We came together and played as a team and thats what it takes to win football games. that game is something that i will never forget, and i think that many others would say the same
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:12 pm

congrats..that's why you play the games. Rankings only matter at the end and you got the ranking that everyone wants. You played when needed and deserve everything you get. I too, felt you guys were very beatable, but you got the job done. Nobody can take that away from you. Only thing I wonder is where have you every said anything about Harvey vs Velva? To say I told you so, I would have like to have seen your posts somewhere. Maybe I missed it??
bigpoppakdog

Postby dukefan32 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:14 pm

8's wrote:You know,from all the fighting we did about this game about a month ago, i just have to say i told you so...you insisted that velva was the better team and that they totally dominated harvey, well maybe they did dominate us back in week 4, but we dominated them when it counted, and thats really all that matters, even when no1 gave us any hope.We came together and played as a team and thats what it takes to win football games. that game is something that i will never forget, and i think that many others would say the same

Yeah, I'm not going to forget how freezing cold I was. Ya, that'll be a memory FO SHO.. :D
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:48 pm

8's wrote:You know,from all the fighting we did about this game about a month ago, i just have to say i told you so...you insisted that velva was the better team and that they totally dominated harvey, well maybe they did dominate us back in week 4, but we dominated them when it counted, and thats really all that matters, even when no1 gave us any hope.We came together and played as a team and thats what it takes to win football games. that game is something that i will never forget, and i think that many others would say the same

I don't remember doing a lot of fighting about this game but I do remember offering my opinion about the game. I felt like Velva was the better team. I will admit that I did fear that Harvey was the one team that could beat Velva and they did. When they met the first time back in September the weather was nice and conditions were very nice for football and Velva's line was able to get a jump against Harvey's much bigger line. When they met in November conditions were a lot different and Velva was pretty banged up, still I was very surprised how Harvey really dominated that game. All the credit has to go to Harvey's line they really dominated. I'm not sure what happened that night but Velva just didn't look like they even cared they played very flat unemotional football. One of the fans in the stand noticed during the game in a timeout all the steam rising from the Harvey huddle and the lack there of from the Velva huddle. Harvey was so much more fired up for that game and it showed. I do have to congratulate Harvey on a terriffic season. Enjoy your title and I look forward again to next season I hope Velva and Harvey stay in the same region, what a great rivalry it is becoming. You got us this year we'll be looking for ya next year.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby 8's » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:49 am

all our harvey vs. velva fighting was under player of the year region 3
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby yanks00 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:14 am

Come on guys give it up...game's over with and so is the season let it go
yanks00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 8's » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:34 pm

Yes, that game and the season are both over, but isnt the purpose of this site to state your opinions??
8's
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to A