Lisbon @ MPCG

The teams in Class A

Lisbon @ MPCG

Postby Mailman_25 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:14 pm

First game of the year was 33-19 Lisbon. MPCG cruised in the first round of playoffs and Lisbon had a dogfight with North Sargent. Should be a great game!

Thoughts on Round #2?
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Re: Lisbon @ MPCG

Postby Truce » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:16 am

I dont think Lisbon will have any trouble with Mayport, now Semi Finals at Linton, thats another story...
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:46 am

Mailman_25 wrote:First game of the year was 33-19 Lisbon. MPCG cruised in the first round of playoffs and Lisbon had a dogfight with North Sargent. Should be a great game!

Thoughts on Round #2?

I don't think M.P.C.G. cruised in the first round. Cavalier gave them a dog fight, Cavalier had a chance with about 4 mins left in the third quarter to take the lead, they scored on a t.d. run but it was called back by a questionable holding call at best, that would have gave them at least a 14-12 lead. May-Port scored twice in the 4th to give them a 25-8 win but Cavalier gave them all they wanted and then some!!!! even though there season is over i was impressed with Cavalier, only 2-3 seniors and a bunch of Sophs competing at a very high level in the playoffs a team to watch in the future, Ohhh yeah Lisbon 39-14 May-Port can't hang with the Broncos
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Irish » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:38 pm

Lisbon 35-13
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby yanks00 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:07 pm

I think you guys are countin MPCG out too fast too quickly, they've done great in their region this year and are lookin for a win against lisbon. I think it'll be a great game, don't count out MPCG too early.
yanks00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yanks00 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:42 pm

FOOTBALL_101 wrote:
Mailman_25 wrote:First game of the year was 33-19 Lisbon. MPCG cruised in the first round of playoffs and Lisbon had a dogfight with North Sargent. Should be a great game!

Thoughts on Round #2?

I don't think M.P.C.G. cruised in the first round. Cavalier gave them a dog fight, Cavalier had a chance with about 4 mins left in the third quarter to take the lead, they scored on a t.d. run but it was called back by a questionable holding call at best, that would have gave them at least a 14-12 lead. May-Port scored twice in the 4th to give them a 25-8 win but Cavalier gave them all they wanted and then some!!!! even though there season is over i was impressed with Cavalier, only 2-3 seniors and a bunch of Sophs competing at a very high level in the playoffs a team to watch in the future, Ohhh yeah Lisbon 39-14 May-Port can't hang with the Broncos

did you even go to the game? mpcg dominated the tornadoes in the third quarter, they never even got close to the goalline. and speaking from a player on the field, that holding call was definitely holding.
yanks00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LBC » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:00 pm

I think anyone who takes a MPCG does so at their own risk. MPCG has won seven straight games and they are the Region 2 Champs. In addition, they seem to find a way to put points on the board.
LBC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Big Guy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:48 pm

FOOTBALL_101 wrote:
did you even go to the game? mpcg dominated the tornadoes in the third quarter, they never even got close to the goalline. and speaking from a player on the field, that holding call was definitely holding.

It is sad when people come on here to brag up their teams.
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby q » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 pm

If I remember correctly, Lisbon kept committing penalties in their 33-19 victory over MPCG to open the season. If they can keep the yellow hankies flying at a minimum, they should be able to hold off the Pats.
q -- the only letter that does not appear in any US state name
q
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Football_Wrestling » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:53 am

yanks00 wrote:
FOOTBALL_101 wrote:

Thoughts on Round #2?

i wouldnt say that they dominated the tornadoes
Football_Wrestling
NDPreps Reserve

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:57 am

yanks00 wrote:
FOOTBALL_101 wrote:

Thoughts on Round #2?

First off yes i was at the game, second off the tornadoes scored in the 3rd quarter but is was called back because of the holding call so they were pretty close to the goaline , next nobody scored in the third quarter of the game, May-Port scored in the 4th quarter twice to pull away and one of them was aided on a very very bad pass interferance call, standing on the sideline does not count as being on the field and maybe while you are standing over there start paying a little better attention to whats going on in the game!!
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby MT_20 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:04 am

Both bad calls i though cavaliers running back made a nice seal block on the mayport d-end but the pass interference call was very bad a similar play happen to cavalier earlier in the game on a fade to a wideout that was never called but sometimes it happens and teams have to fight threw it

oh ya Lisbon 34-7 Schell Schell Schell all the way to the Alerus center give him the ball 50 times cause i don't think mayport can take the Train
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5-time state chump » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 am

yanks00 wrote: speaking from a player on the field, that holding call was definitely holding.

Was the holding call on your guy (was he holding you?)
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dakotakid » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:01 am

lisbon bye 3 touchdowns schell will have 3 rushing, 1 receiveing, and 2 throwing :) :wink: cuz he's the man
dakotakid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A-Fanatic » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:26 pm

Well Lisbon certainly sounds pretty confident. I would hope that they let their play do their talking for them. This is the playoffs and anything can happen. However, I don't think Lisbon will have much trouble in this one 27-7 over MPCG.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby busch3434 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:50 pm

I agree that Lisbon is a very good team, great history and a ton of experience, and that defense they play is horrible to plan how to block, not many teams play a 4-4 in high school....but however, MPCG I believe is one of the more improved teams in the state. They lost some key players last year and came into the year really having no clue about where some of the kids could play. I think that this will be a close game this time around.....also it is hard to beat a team twice.
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby yingyang » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:29 pm

busch3434 wrote:I agree that Lisbon is a very good team, great history and a ton of experience, and that defense they play is horrible to plan how to block, not many teams play a 4-4 in high school....but however, MPCG I believe is one of the more improved teams in the state. They lost some key players last year and came into the year really having no clue about where some of the kids could play. I think that this will be a close game this time around.....also it is hard to beat a team twice.

yeah it was a solid game
yingyang
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A