Playoff Game updates

The teams in Class A

Re: Playoff Game updates

Postby aceofspades » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:05 am

New Salem did put a beat down on Beach yesterday. Plain and simple. However, IMHO Beach is not a very good football team. Very 1-dimentional team. Take away the pass (either by defense or a windy day like yesterday) and they have nothing. I am still not ready to give New Salem credit. They appear to have a good running game but Beach's defense was not a very good measuring stick. They stunk. They didn't look like they wanted to hit anybody. Maybe scared from the earlier beating New Salem gave them? I don't know, but it was silly.

If New Salem hangs within 20 points of Velva I will come on here and give them some respect. Because I think they are a good team playing in a week region. And good won't get you past Velva, it won't even keep you in the game against Velva. Especially when all New Salem can do is run, and that's all Velva's defense does is stuff the run.

Earlier in the year Harvey stuffed New Salem and Killdeer....two pretty good beat downs. Then Velva stuffed Harvey. I just don't see New Salem being much of a threat to Velva.
aceofspades
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:09 pm

:D
Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:24 pm

Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:42 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:A football team will earn it's salt in the playoffs. You don't get respect that you feel you deserve until you prove your salt. Teams that have been there and know how to win big games have the respect you think you deserve. Don't get me wrong, NSGU is on their way to earning their share but don't put yourself in a class of teams based on your team's run through a season in a region thats strength is in question. I agree that most teams have yet to be tested other than one or two tough games. You have beat a team twice and now you "DESERVE" respect? Next week you will test yourself against the top team in the state (according to the polls) and will see where exactly your team sits. It is a big test and should be an exciting time for NSGU so they can see how they may fare against a team who has been tried and proven to be an excellent football dynasty if you will. Can NSGU win? Of course they can, but they can just as easily lose. Against the number two team in region 3 the top two teams in region 4 are 0-2.

Keep going and the respect you so strongly desire will be yours. Just don't come out and demand it, it makes you sound, well, less than respectable.

Good points. But one thing to point out, before all the re-alignment stuff and such, New Salem has had a long history of Football down here. When you have jumped from 11 to 9 man and back over the past 10 years its hard to develop a consistent tradition because you are playing some teams you have never seen before one year and then others the next. Will it be tough to win at Velva in the playoffs, sure without a doubt. But out of all the teams in region 4 that can do it, I would put my money on NSGU over anyone else. From what it sounds Velva is a physical team. So from that standpoint, it should be a great game to watch.
bigpoppakdog

Postby aceofspades » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:56 pm

"Your the same guy that said Beach was only a play or two from making it a different game against NSGU. Its a good thing NSGU doesn't have any more home games, cause its gonna take the field crew a week to get all the Beach dent marks out of the field. I think you can even still see the numbers implanted int he grass yet!"

I never, ever said Beach was only a play or two from making it a different game. I simply stated they had some missed opportunities inside the red zone. I clearly stated New Salem was the better team that night and they were clearly the better team on Saturday. That was my impression of and it isn't bias since i have no ties to Beach so I have no reason to claim differently. You obviously have STRONG ties to NSGU or else you wouldn't take everything so personally. So here is my final statement on this topic --- New Salem was clearly better than an overated Beach team but will be lucky to stay within 20 points of Velva.
aceofspades
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fbfanofnd » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:29 pm

WOW, I think it is time for you guys to take a time out. it sounds like you guys have some unresolved anger issues. Just let the kids play the game and let them have some fun.
fbfanofnd

Postby A-Fanatic » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:50 pm

fbfanofnd wrote:WOW, I think it is time for you guys to take a time out. it sounds like you guys have some unresolved anger issues. Just let the kids play the game and let them have some fun.

I'm not so sure about anger issues here but it sure seems like bigpoppakdog takes offense to anything anybody says that could in any way be perceived as critical of NSGU. He brought on a lot of criticism with his own posting about about the NSGU-Beach game using terminology like BEATDOWN and SLAUGHTER. He's the only one on this site that really uses that kind of language. I think we can all agree that NSGU beat Beach pretty bad on Saturday. Harvey also beat North Prairie pretty bad but I haven't seen anybody on here telling us how Harvey made imprints on their field with the opposing team. Likewise nobody from Velva got on here and slammed DLB. We knew that it would be a pretty easy game for the Aggies. So basically if you're gonna get on here and talk smack then you should be man enough to accept the criticism that is likely to follow. As far as the game the players will do their talking on the field and I am very much looking forward to the showdown between Velva and NSGU! I think it will be a good game at least I'm hoping it will because Velva just hasn't had many tough games this year, and I would love to watch a tough hard fought game with the winner having to earn their victory!
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby RonMexico » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:49 pm

Velva will have no trouble with New Salem. If NS is within 20 that would be a miracle.

Velva 40
NS 0
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:39 pm

aceofspades wrote:"Your the same guy that said Beach was only a play or two from making it a different game against NSGU. Its a good thing NSGU doesn't have any more home games, cause its gonna take the field crew a week to get all the Beach dent marks out of the field. I think you can even still see the numbers implanted int he grass yet!"

I never, ever said Beach was only a play or two from making it a different game. I simply stated they had some missed opportunities inside the red zone. I clearly stated New Salem was the better team that night and they were clearly the better team on Saturday. That was my impression of and it isn't bias since i have no ties to Beach so I have no reason to claim differently. You obviously have STRONG ties to NSGU or else you wouldn't take everything so personally. So here is my final statement on this topic --- New Salem was clearly better than an overated Beach team but will be lucky to stay within 20 points of Velva.

I don't believe that, in fact, I believe you wear a Beach jersey.
bigpoppakdog

Postby fbfanofnd » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:20 pm

A-Fanatic wrote:
fbfanofnd wrote:WOW, I think it is time for you guys to take a time out. it sounds like you guys have some unresolved anger issues. Just let the kids play the game and let them have some fun.

I'm not so sure about anger issues here but it sure seems like bigpoppakdog takes offense to anything anybody says that could in any way be perceived as critical of NSGU. He brought on a lot of criticism with his own posting about about the NSGU-Beach game using terminology like BEATDOWN and SLAUGHTER. He's the only one on this site that really uses that kind of language. I think we can all agree that NSGU beat Beach pretty bad on Saturday. Harvey also beat North Prairie pretty bad but I haven't seen anybody on here telling us how Harvey made imprints on their field with the opposing team. Likewise nobody from Velva got on here and slammed DLB. We knew that it would be a pretty easy game for the Aggies. So basically if you're gonna get on here and talk smack then you should be man enough to accept the criticism that is likely to follow. As far as the game the players will do their talking on the field and I am very much looking forward to the showdown between Velva and NSGU! I think it will be a good game at least I'm hoping it will because Velva just hasn't had many tough games this year, and I would love to watch a tough hard fought game with the winner having to earn their victory!

Well said, not sure what is gonna happen here but it wont be a blow out between Velva and NSGU
fbfanofnd

Postby RonMexico » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:55 pm

Have you seen Velva play this year? NSGU has not seen speed like Velva has. This will be a blowout, mark it down.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:13 pm

fbfanofnd wrote:
A-Fanatic wrote:

Well said, not sure what is gonna happen here but it wont be a blow out between Velva and NSGU

I see with your 6 posts you speak from years of experience. I've been on ndpreps since its origin. I've had to put other people in their place when they were talking down about new salem(check out the year they won the region in golf and you still had people saying they were overrated and didn't deserve anything). NSGU is 7 and 2 and still talked about here as a team from a weak region and so on. Yet have no one with a 1-7 record in the playoffs. Velva, haven't said a thing about them due to the FACT I have NEVER seen them play. Many of you bloggers on here I don't believe have EVER seen NSGU play.
As far as nobody using the words beat down and slaughter, well that only was due to aceofspades commenting on how the game could have been different had beach made a couple plays during their first matchup. Then suddenly Beach went from a ranked team to a "not very good team" as stated him after the second meeting. I don't recall anybody else talking smack after getting stomped on your homefield during your homecoming and then in turn getting it worse a few weeks later and then still not giving that team credit. Also if I sound a little hostile towards criticism of NSGU that is done by people who have NEVER seen them play, I'm not going to apologize for that. Sounds like a bunch of mothers who don't want their baby's hurt blogging on here. A guy would think there were at least some guys on this forum that can dish out a little smack and take it also. But if I hurt your feelings I'll go away and just battle with Balla45 on the basketball forums. At least he can dish it out and take it also. I don't have to worry because I didn't talk smack about Velva nor make any predictions on the score. Why, because nobody will say what type of team they consist of other than they have speed(thanks ronmexico). It's kinda boring seeing the Week # prediction topic and all you see is team A 40 team B 20 and that's it. Also note, I only discuss NSGU players and don't call out other teams players by name.
The only team I can admit to talking smack about is Harvey. I wish NSGU had a chance to play them again. If I had to eat my words later, so be it. I can admit it. If NSGU loses by 40 as some have predicted good for you, enjoy it. Blog about it. You won't see me trying to discredit them.
bigpoppakdog

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:02 pm

Beston51 wrote:that was me who said NP would win 38-32 and i regret it.

Why do you regret it? Did someone beat you with a pillowcase full of AA batteries?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Re:

Postby A-Fanatic » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:24 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:
fbfanofnd wrote:
A-Fanatic wrote:

I see with your 6 posts you speak from years of experience. I've been on ndpreps since its origin. I've had to put other people in their place when they were talking down about new salem(check out the year they won the region in golf and you still had people saying they were overrated and didn't deserve anything). NSGU is 7 and 2 and still talked about here as a team from a weak region and so on. Yet have no one with a 1-7 record in the playoffs. Velva, haven't said a thing about them due to the FACT I have NEVER seen them play. Many of you bloggers on here I don't believe have EVER seen NSGU play.
As far as nobody using the words beat down and slaughter, well that only was due to aceofspades commenting on how the game could have been different had beach made a couple plays during their first matchup. Then suddenly Beach went from a ranked team to a "not very good team" as stated him after the second meeting. I don't recall anybody else talking smack after getting stomped on your homefield during your homecoming and then in turn getting it worse a few weeks later and then still not giving that team credit. Also if I sound a little hostile towards criticism of NSGU that is done by people who have NEVER seen them play, I'm not going to apologize for that. Sounds like a bunch of mothers who don't want their baby's hurt blogging on here. A guy would think there were at least some guys on this forum that can dish out a little smack and take it also. But if I hurt your feelings I'll go away and just battle with Balla45 on the basketball forums. At least he can dish it out and take it also. I don't have to worry because I didn't talk smack about Velva nor make any predictions on the score. Why, because nobody will say what type of team they consist of other than they have speed(thanks ronmexico). It's kinda boring seeing the Week # prediction topic and all you see is team A 40 team B 20 and that's it. Also note, I only discuss NSGU players and don't call out other teams players by name.
The only team I can admit to talking smack about is Harvey. I wish NSGU had a chance to play them again. If I had to eat my words later, so be it. I can admit it. If NSGU loses by 40 as some have predicted good for you, enjoy it. Blog about it. You won't see me trying to discredit them.

First of all I've never claimed to be an expert or otherwise on this site I am a football fan and yes I bleed blue and gold for the aggies. You say you've been on this forum since the beginning, I don't care. As far as talking smack I don't believe that I've done any of that either. I have made comments about New Salem basically trying to find out what kind of team they are and what they do well or don't do well. Region 4 is a weak region this year and so is region 3 it's made it quite difficult to really know who is who this year. You say that you only talked smack about the game on Sat because someone else gave their opinion from the previous game that a couple plays here or there could made a difference. I don't remember the score from that first game between NSGU and Beach but I know it was a lot closer than the playoff game so my guess is that a couple plays probably could've turned things around even if NSGU dominated the whole game. Velva by all accounts dominated Harvey in their game this year but I know as well as anybody that a couple plays here or there could've meant something completely different. I know you won't make a prediction about Velva and NSGU because you haven't seen Velva play. So I'm gonna try to give you what I can as far as Velva is concerned and please feel free to ask questions. First of all Velva is fast no surprise there and they are not very big. Their offense can best be described as a smoke and mirrors. There is a lot of motion and misdirection. Besides the quarterback Velva has about four other players that can get the ball on any given play. They also throw the ball pretty well, they have one kid in particular that seems to be their deep threat and another who is more or less a possession type receiver. They hit hard and they don't usually go down easy. I would love to see a yards after contact stat on these guys. most of their plays are off tackle but will occasionally bust one up the gut. Defensively they gang tackle. they get to the ball very quickly and finish tackles pretty well. They can also put good pressure on the quarterback. Their linemen are almost always a step quicker than the opponent which causes all kinds of problems. In my opinion the pass game is their weakness on defense and so I believe that you have to pass to beat Velva they are very tough against the run. Occasionally somebody can break a big run but not very often. Velva is well disciplined and they keep their assignments so it's tough to catch them in some kind of trick play. It will take a very good effort by a good football team to beat them. That being said, do I think NSGU can beat Velva? Yes I do. Anything can happen. I do know that Velva will be ready for NSGU they are very well coached. Personally I hope to see a good game Velva hasn't had many good games this year. Outside of Harvey their margine of victory has been about 40 points BORING. So now it's your turn tell me about NSGU I'd like to make an educated prediction about this game. I figure since your an old pro on Northdakotapreps who better to educate me. And don't worry about hurting my feelings I can take the smack.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball22 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:07 pm

Well the game of the week was lisbon and Milnor-North sargent , it was one of the best game that i have ever seen!! It sucked that someone had to lose that game!
basketball22

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:18 am

I would also submit Killdeer vs Grant County/ Flasher as a game of the week pick. Overtime victory for Killdeer. Talking with a friend of mine from Killdeer he said it was all together the worst and best football game he has ever watched.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Re:

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:27 am

A-Fanatic wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:
fbfanofnd wrote:
A-Fanatic wrote:

First of all I've never claimed to be an expert or otherwise on this site I am a football fan and yes I bleed blue and gold for the aggies. You say you've been on this forum since the beginning, I don't care. As far as talking smack I don't believe that I've done any of that either. I have made comments about New Salem basically trying to find out what kind of team they are and what they do well or don't do well. Region 4 is a weak region this year and so is region 3 it's made it quite difficult to really know who is who this year. You say that you only talked smack about the game on Sat because someone else gave their opinion from the previous game that a couple plays here or there could made a difference. I don't remember the score from that first game between NSGU and Beach but I know it was a lot closer than the playoff game so my guess is that a couple plays probably could've turned things around even if NSGU dominated the whole game. Velva by all accounts dominated Harvey in their game this year but I know as well as anybody that a couple plays here or there could've meant something completely different. I know you won't make a prediction about Velva and NSGU because you haven't seen Velva play. So I'm gonna try to give you what I can as far as Velva is concerned and please feel free to ask questions. First of all Velva is fast no surprise there and they are not very big. Their offense can best be described as a smoke and mirrors. There is a lot of motion and misdirection. Besides the quarterback Velva has about four other players that can get the ball on any given play. They also throw the ball pretty well, they have one kid in particular that seems to be their deep threat and another who is more or less a possession type receiver. They hit hard and they don't usually go down easy. I would love to see a yards after contact stat on these guys. most of their plays are off tackle but will occasionally bust one up the gut. Defensively they gang tackle. they get to the ball very quickly and finish tackles pretty well. They can also put good pressure on the quarterback. Their linemen are almost always a step quicker than the opponent which causes all kinds of problems. In my opinion the pass game is their weakness on defense and so I believe that you have to pass to beat Velva they are very tough against the run. Occasionally somebody can break a big run but not very often. Velva is well disciplined and they keep their assignments so it's tough to catch them in some kind of trick play. It will take a very good effort by a good football team to beat them. That being said, do I think NSGU can beat Velva? Yes I do. Anything can happen. I do know that Velva will be ready for NSGU they are very well coached. Personally I hope to see a good game Velva hasn't had many good games this year. Outside of Harvey their margine of victory has been about 40 points BORING. So now it's your turn tell me about NSGU I'd like to make an educated prediction about this game. I figure since your an old pro on Northdakotapreps who better to educate me. And don't worry about hurting my feelings I can take the smack.

ok now we have something we can discuss. I'll read your post completely later and respond to you. You weren't one I was referring to either. The ones I was referring to are the brand new bloggers with 2 or 3 posts.
bigpoppakdog

Postby region3dominates » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:50 am

It is true velva is not very big but they are strong and they will hit you smack in the mouth as hard as they can which has always been the way velva plays. I don't think there is a team in the state that can compare to their speed as well and to have 4 and sometimes 5 and 6 guys that can carry the ball and break it for a big one at anytime that is scary for any team. I'm glad to hear that NSGU is a smashmouth team cause if it's a physical game hard hitting and clean no cheap shots then it should be a great game. I don't know much about NSGU but must admit i wanted to go there and watch them play cause all velvas games this year with the exception of harvey were no fun to watch. Both teams come out of less than respectible regions this year which is unusual cause both regions are normally very tough and competitive and hard nosed. I really hope that this is a good game and not a blow out either way.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to A