Playoff Game updates

The teams in Class A

Playoff Game updates

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:36 pm

Turnovers have been key in the Velva vs. DLB game as Velva is now up 38-0 with just over two minutes left in the first half. PLease update your scores here today so everyone can keep posted on what is happening across the state. Anyone interested in listening to the game online may do so at www.khrt.com
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Playoff Game updates

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Velva has 243 yds total offense in the first half compared to negative 65 yds for DLB. Ouch.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Velva 59, DLB 0
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:59 pm

New Salem Glen Ullin 38-7 over Beach. If you thought the first game was a beatdown, this was a slaughter. NSGU dominated this game from start to finish in all aspects of the game, especially in the category of smash mouth football. No doubt about this game and there was no one or two plays that "could" have made the game any different. In fact had seeger not fumbled on the 5 yard line the score would have been 44 to 7. It was clear beach never recovered from the last time these two teams played each other.

NSGU will be ready for Velva. Congratulations Holsteins. Its time you start getting the recognition you DESERVE.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:25 pm

Harvey 49-0 over North Prairie
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:29 pm

last I heard Grant County 14 killdeer 6 at half.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Linton over Maple Valley Enderlin 42-14
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Killdeer 28-22 over Grant County in overtime.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Lisbon 6-0 over Milnor North Sargent. My work here is done.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Irish » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Mayport score?
Park River score?
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Football Guy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Mayville-Portland-C-G - 12
Cavalier - 8

Halftime.

Game is being webcast on www.KMAV.com
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:53 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:New Salem Glen Ullin 38-7 over Beach. If you thought the first game was a beatdown, this was a slaughter. NSGU dominated this game from start to finish in all aspects of the game, especially in the category of smash mouth football. No doubt about this game and there was no one or two plays that "could" have made the game any different. In fact had seeger not fumbled on the 5 yard line the score would have been 44 to 7. It was clear beach never recovered from the last time these two teams played each other.

NSGU will be ready for Velva. Congratulations Holsteins. Its time you start getting the recognition you DESERVE.

Well I guess we'll find out how much recognition NSGU deserves next week. I'm curious what happened to Beach down the stretch, I'm assuming they lost somebody due to injury because they were a better team to start the year. Anyway NSGU handed it to them today and earned a trip to Velva. I'm looking forward to that one I hope NSGU brings their A game because I know Velva will be ready to play. By the looks of it Velva should have everybody back and healthy for next weeks game. I don't know what NSGU does offensively but I hope for their sake that they have a passing game because Velva is awful tough against the run. Should be a fun game to watch!
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:22 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:Harvey 49-0 over North Prairie

Somebody predicted that NP would win this one 38-32. I wonder if they woke up from that lovely dream yet? It looks to me like NP got down and then just gave up! I wonder which Killdeer team Harvey will see next week?
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:29 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:Turnovers have been key in the Velva vs. DLB game

Yeah, DLB was right in it until they started turning the ball over. Coulda' been the biggest upset of the century, had the pulled it off.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:30 pm

A-Fanatic wrote: I wonder which Killdeer team Harvey will see next week?

Probably the one that Harvey will end up beating 34-6.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sports for life » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:33 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:Harvey 49-0 over North Prairie

Did NP just decide not to play today or what? I didn't expect them to win but i thought they would have given up a better fight than that.
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Irish » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:35 pm

Park River 32-18 win!! just heard it on the radio
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:57 pm

5-time state chump wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:Turnovers have been key in the Velva vs. DLB game

Yeah, DLB was right in it until they started turning the ball over. Coulda' been the biggest upset of the century, had the pulled it off.

In all fairness the game was tied when DLB threw the first interception.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:05 pm

MPCG 25
Cavalier 8
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Beston51 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:33 pm

that was me who said NP would win 38-32 and i regret it.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:25 am

A-Fanatic wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:New Salem Glen Ullin 38-7 over Beach. If you thought the first game was a beatdown, this was a slaughter. NSGU dominated this game from start to finish in all aspects of the game, especially in the category of smash mouth football. No doubt about this game and there was no one or two plays that "could" have made the game any different. In fact had seeger not fumbled on the 5 yard line the score would have been 44 to 7. It was clear beach never recovered from the last time these two teams played each other.

Well I guess we'll find out how much recognition NSGU deserves next week. I'm curious what happened to Beach down the stretch, I'm assuming they lost somebody due to injury because they were a better team to start the year. Anyway NSGU handed it to them today and earned a trip to Velva. I'm looking forward to that one I hope NSGU brings their A game because I know Velva will be ready to play. By the looks of it Velva should have everybody back and healthy for next weeks game. I don't know what NSGU does offensively but I hope for their sake that they have a passing game because Velva is awful tough against the run. Should be a fun game to watch!

regardless what they do against velva they DESERVE more recognition they have gotten. They have throttled teams that have been hyped up for being this and that. They have wolf, seeger, messerschmidt and a line that is big and fast Doll, Backhaus, Johnson, Friesz. So as far as bringing their A game whatever, besides the harvey game Velva hasn't had any more difficult competition as NSGU. Something that was cited as a factor for NSGU not getting respect. It should be a good game based on Velva being the #1 seed. I have not seen Velva play so I cannot comment on anything other that what NSGU does. As far as A-Fanatic goes, I dont think you have seen NSGU play either. If you did you would know that NSGU is the most physical team in region 4 and will make anybody they play earn everything inch they get. And NO, Beach didn't have anybody hurt(when the game started), they were taken to the woodshed earlier in the year and were given a MAJOR beatdown by the BETTER team today. Ask ANYONE that was at the game today there views on the game because obviously you have never seen NSGU play. The reason why they ended the year the way they did, was due to the beatdown NSGU gave them on their field at their homecoming after being hyped in the papers and on TV. Enough said. Also, throwing the ball 31 times and running it 5 isnt gonna win you any games on any level. Am I a little irritated with your comments, you bet. But, that's fine, hopefully the current aggies think like you alumni aggie and overlook this team. Be the biggest mistake of your season.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A - Football Fan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:55 am

A football team will earn it's salt in the playoffs. You don't get respect that you feel you deserve until you prove your salt. Teams that have been there and know how to win big games have the respect you think you deserve. Don't get me wrong, NSGU is on their way to earning their share but don't put yourself in a class of teams based on your team's run through a season in a region thats strength is in question. I agree that most teams have yet to be tested other than one or two tough games. You have beat a team twice and now you "DESERVE" respect? Next week you will test yourself against the top team in the state (according to the polls) and will see where exactly your team sits. It is a big test and should be an exciting time for NSGU so they can see how they may fare against a team who has been tried and proven to be an excellent football dynasty if you will. Can NSGU win? Of course they can, but they can just as easily lose. Against the number two team in region 3 the top two teams in region 4 are 0-2.

Keep going and the respect you so strongly desire will be yours. Just don't come out and demand it, it makes you sound, well, less than respectable.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbfanofnd » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:36 am

I would have to say NSGU has earned respect for what they do they have been recognized during the season they were ranked for a few weeks but lost a tough game at home at the end of the season. When you get into the playoffs no one is takin lightly as far as I am concerned. You never know what can happen in the playoffs. To say the finally deserve respect, I believe they have earned it already just like any other team still playing just dont demand it. When you get this far you need to respect every one or it will come up and bite you in the @#%, and you dont earn repect in these posts you earn it on the field. I beleive that all teams in the playoffs have earned it already no matter who or where they play. It should be interesting to see how things turn out next weekend NSGU has to travel to Velva a team they have never played and has a lot of tradition. Killdeer gets the chance to play Harvey, a team they lost to earlier this year. I think it should be a very exciting weekend. And I also know there are alot of good teams out east who keep beating on each other it looks like Linton and Lisbon are on course for another smash mouth game too.
fbfanofnd

Postby A-Fanatic » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:25 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:
A-Fanatic wrote:

regardless what they do against velva they DESERVE more recognition they have gotten. They have throttled teams that have been hyped up for being this and that. They have wolf, seeger, messerschmidt and a line that is big and fast Doll, Backhaus, Johnson, Friesz. So as far as bringing their A game whatever, besides the harvey game Velva hasn't had any more difficult competition as NSGU. Something that was cited as a factor for NSGU not getting respect. It should be a good game based on Velva being the #1 seed. I have not seen Velva play so I cannot comment on anything other that what NSGU does. As far as A-Fanatic goes, I dont think you have seen NSGU play either. If you did you would know that NSGU is the most physical team in region 4 and will make anybody they play earn everything inch they get. And NO, Beach didn't have anybody hurt(when the game started), they were taken to the woodshed earlier in the year and were given a MAJOR beatdown by the BETTER team today. Ask ANYONE that was at the game today there views on the game because obviously you have never seen NSGU play. The reason why they ended the year the way they did, was due to the beatdown NSGU gave them on their field at their homecoming after being hyped in the papers and on TV. Enough said. Also, throwing the ball 31 times and running it 5 isnt gonna win you any games on any level. Am I a little irritated with your comments, you bet. But, that's fine, hopefully the current aggies think like you alumni aggie and overlook this team. Be the biggest mistake of your season.

Rejoice, for New Salem has won a first round playoff game against Beach who gave up at the end of the season when we all found out that they were over rated. I totally respect New Salem now.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby bman101 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:54 am

If you did you would know that NSGU is the most physical team in region 4 and will make anybody they play earn everything inch they get. "bigpoppakdog". Didnt Killdeer pound it down on New Salem?
bman101

Next

Return to A