Who's the 4 seed in Region 3?

The teams in Class A

Who's the 4 seed in Region 3?

Postby SCOOTER_09 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:12 pm

I know that the top 3 seeds in region 3 are Velva, Harvey, and North Praire. But what happens with the 4 seed with DLB Kenmare and New Rockford all tied up at 1-4 in region play?
SCOOTER_09
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Who's the 4 seed in Region 3?

Postby ND Football Guy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:58 pm

SCOOTER_09 wrote:I know that the top 3 seeds in region 3 are Velva, Harvey, and North Praire. But what happens with the 4 seed with DLB Kenmare and New Rockford all tied up at 1-4 in region play?

Doesn't the tie-breaker go to point differential? DLB then the Region 3 # 4 seed.

Des Lacs-Burlington - Total = (+16)
- Defeated New Rockford-Sheyenne 25-6 = (+17)
- Lost to Kenmare-Bowbells-Burke Central 14-13 = (-1)

New Rockford-Sheyenne - Total = (0)
- Lost to Des Lacs-Burlington 25-6 = (-17)
- Defeated Kenmare-Bowbells Burke Central 38-0 = (+17)

Kenmare-Bowbells-Burke Central - Total = (-16)
- Defeated Des Lacs-Burlington 14-13 = (+1)
- Lost to New Rockford-Sheyenne 38-0 = (-17)

Or am I missing something?
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby A - Football Fan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Man, Des Lacs-Burlington has only one win on the season and it was against New Rockford. Talk about winning the one game you need to win to make it work in the playoffs. New Rockford was rated or at least recieved votes and didn't make the playoffs with a much better record than 1-7. Unbelievable.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby region3dominates » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:44 am

It is a bunch of B.S. that a school with a record that bad makes the playoffs. I think if teams like that are tied it should come down to overall record which would have taken DLB out of the mix right away. It doesn't matter anyway they are going to get stomped in the first round by Velva.
region3dominates
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mike thingstad » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:27 pm

S-N record was 4-4 and DLB is 1-7 but DLB played I do believe Beulah, Beach, and New Salem for non-conference. There are a lot of #4 teams that would have lost those three. Next year there will be 8 teams in each A division that should help in keeping the records a bit better.
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby football45 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Ya too bad for SNR.......but congrats DLB, you have a real good chance at beating Velva!!
football45
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:15 pm

region3dominates wrote:It is a bunch of B.S. that a school with a record that bad makes the playoffs. I think if teams like that are tied it should come down to overall record which would have taken DLB out of the mix right away. It doesn't matter anyway they are going to get stomped in the first round by Velva.

That's the same tiebreak system used in every region. It's the most fair way to do it and that's jsut the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. If NRS would have taken care of business in the regular season a beat a winless team like they should have, they wouldn't have put themselves in that tiebreak situation.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby A-Fanatic » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:58 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
region3dominates wrote:It is a bunch of B.S. that a school with a record that bad makes the playoffs. I think if teams like that are tied it should come down to overall record which would have taken DLB out of the mix right away. It doesn't matter anyway they are going to get stomped in the first round by Velva.

That's the same tiebreak system used in every region. It's the most fair way to do it and that's jsut the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. If NRS would have taken care of business in the regular season a beat a winless team like they should have, they wouldn't have put themselves in that tiebreak situation.

Actually New Rockford was lucky to even get a tiebreak, I believe that Kenmares only win this year was over DLB. It's crazy but those are the rules and like you said that's the way the cookie crumbles.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Return to A