Player of the year region 2

The teams in Class A

Player of the year region 2

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Any thoughts???? I say its down to Jelinek from Park River, Kyllo from MPCG, and Hager of Larimore??? I say its got to go to Jelinek!!
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Re: Player of the year region 2

Postby lightsout » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:35 pm

According to Maxpreps.com, Karl Hager has over 2,000 all-purpose yards on the year. That's pretty impressive. He was all-state as a soph, and i don't think either of the other 2 metioned have ever been. All three are huge assets to their team, but i think this one is a no brainer
lightsout

Postby 7-11 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:22 am

I believe Hager is also the only player in this region to be all-state at any time; should have had the utility player nod last year, and should be the only four-year all-region selection.
7-11

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:36 am

lightsout wrote:According to Maxpreps.com, Karl Hager has over 2,000 all-purpose yards on the year. That's pretty impressive. He was all-state as a soph, and i don't think either of the other 2 metioned have ever been. All three are huge assets to their team, but i think this one is a no brainer

Maxpreps has Hager down for 698 rushing 5 rushing td's, 210 recieving 1 td. 134 yrds on punt returns and 341 on kick off returns. for a grand total of 1,383 yrds and 6 td's way short of 2,000 all purpose yards.. Grand forks herald had Jelinek for 741 yrds rushing and 14 td's thats all the stats I have for him but i know for a fact he took a punt back against Grafton for a td and a punt and kickoff against Cavalier. also Jelinek avg. 7.7yrds per carry to Hagers 7.01. If you look at the stats its a no brainer Jelinek has more rushing tds than all of hagers
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:24 am

lightsout wrote:According to Maxpreps.com, Karl Hager has over 2,000 all-purpose yards on the year. That's pretty impressive. He was all-state as a soph, and i don't think either of the other 2 metioned have ever been. All three are huge assets to their team, but i think this one is a no brainer

I have seen both of these boys play in person. Jelenik is the best "running back" in the east. He is pretty fast, and a load to bring down. On defense he is an outside backer in a 5-3. He is good on D, but not as good as his teammate Mozinski. Hager is a much different type of player on offense. He is not only fast, but elusive. He makes people miss when you are thinking he is about to be tackled. He also has been asked to play multiple places on offense. Defensively Hagar has played safety when I have watched them. He plays like a 4 year starter. He knows what the offense wants to do and always seems to be in the right spot. This is definately not a no brainer. If you had them switch teams I think Hagar could replace Jelenik in Park River without them stumbling. If Jelenik went to Larimore I think he could play safety, but am not so sure he would be able to do everything Hager does on offense. I don't think that this is a very good way to judge player of the year, but I think it is that close. I would give a slight edge to Hager.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Blue » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:40 am

If mpcg keeps winning, Kyllo may have the edge. By just looking at the stats, he has stepped up his game and led the patriots to an excellent start. Hager and Jelenik are both excellent. Whoever wins the award is well deserving of it.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:59 am

Big Blue wrote:If mpcg keeps winning, Kyllo may have the edge. By just looking at the stats, he has stepped up his game and led the patriots to an excellent start. Hager and Jelenik are both excellent. Whoever wins the award is well deserving of it.

MPCG and Kyllo have won the region, now with one game left does braddner rest him vs langdon or does he let him play??? I think he needs to play to put up some more #s I think this race is going to come down to #'s in the end and if Kyllo doesn't play I think he loses out to Jelenik or Hagar
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby hook » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:25 pm

i watched park river play larimore and jelinek dominated the game. hager did show me speed but not much of anything else. from what i saw, i would have to say that jelinek is a mutch better football player.
hook
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:12 am

FOOTBALL_101 wrote:
Big Blue wrote:If mpcg keeps winning, Kyllo may have the edge. By just looking at the stats, he has stepped up his game and led the patriots to an excellent start. Hager and Jelenik are both excellent. Whoever wins the award is well deserving of it.

MPCG and Kyllo have won the region, now with one game left does braddner rest him vs langdon or does he let him play??? I think he needs to play to put up some more #s I think this race is going to come down to #'s in the end and if Kyllo doesn't play I think he loses out to Jelenik or Hagar

I'm pretty sure that Kyllo will play his usual load. He might not get 20+ carries but he will get a significant amount.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Big Blue » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:48 am

Knowing coach Bradner, all of the players will play and he will go for the win.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old fan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:57 am

Hager of Larimore is without a doubt the most valuable player of the year in Region 2. When you consider what he does for his team there is really no comparison. Larimore's line is very weak and most of Hager's yardage comes from little or no blocking by the line. Larimore has little or no passing attack. All the teams that play Larimore stack their defense with eleven men on the line. The other backs mentioned certainly are good, but if you have watched Larimore play any games, it is truely remarkable what Hager does for this team.
old fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football_lives_on » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:40 am

Hager, Hager, Hager. That about sums it up.
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby bus » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:24 pm

football_lives_on wrote:Hager, Hager, Hager. That about sums it up.

chips and sauce Grothe, chips and sauce
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A