Player of the year Region1???

The teams in Class A

Re: Player of the year Region1???

Postby dakotakid » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:11 am

lets see if one was more qualified then the other since we based it on how you lead your team in big situations such as the playoffs because as of right now i dont know if either has proved themselves better then the other
dakotakid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Truce » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:40 am

Palyoffs will have nothing to do with these picks, that meeting happend 2 weeks ago.

the choices have already been made.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby fbballa » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:56 pm

In my opinion Justin Purintun is the best player in the Region. Without him Linton's offense would lack a playmaker and wouldn't be in the semi's. He is one of those quarterbacks that makes his receivers look good...the ball is on the money every time.
Drevlow had more help, Milnor's linebackers are the best in the Region. Without him, I believe that they would have still been a top 3 team in the Region.
Schell is good, but I think his lineman are the ones that make him look great.
fbballa
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball22 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:00 pm

I agree with the linebacker reply Milishich , Colemer, Luneburg were pretty dang good they dont come to much better then that
basketball22

Postby ND_Coach » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:31 pm

basketball22 wrote:I agree with the linebacker reply Milishich , Colemer, Luneburg were pretty dang good they dont come to much better then that

Those 3 are good football players, but without Drevlow they would not be as good. Drevlow would constantly get double teamed, sometimes triple teamed. It is a lot easier to fill holes when an extra OL is taken up at the DL level
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #31_bison » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:53 pm

Drevlow is a great player and deserves all the accolades given to him, but TEAM defense is what made this defense good. Lunneborg, Miklisch, and Colemer were as important to Drevlow as Drevlow was to them. Ryan definitley deserves player of the year consideration, he is a great player. It takes 11 players, though, to make a great defense. I would say Drevlow should be player of the year, Purinton second.
#31_bison
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Nodak Guy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:00 am

I am betting that Purintin will win it. Didn't he break a ton of Kyle Carr's school records, also? That's a great feat in itself.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dakotakid » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:56 am

i disagree that purintun puts the ball on the money all the time. his recievers have really good hands and i dont see how some of his passes get caught. he's got a wing that quailified for state track in the 100m and both tight ends are fairly tall (6'4" and 6'2") so sometimes he can just throw it up there and they'll come down with it. thats faith my friends and i agree that lintons play-action pass is as deadly as anything out there but if you cant run the ball at least a few times it wont work so its a pretty balanced offense for LHMB but Lisbon is a major runner. not very many passes so if the lion "D" can pick up some stops and make Lisbon pass Linton will win
dakotakid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:07 am

Purintin will win Region 1 player of the year. Not because he is the best player (I believe Drevlow is the best player). It is just a fact that quarterbacks and running backs have a built in advantage because of the fan friendly stats that can be put up. I think Purintin is a great class A quarterback.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Irish » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:34 pm

So you are saying the best player (Drevlow) isn't going to be Region 1 player of the year because of his position. If that is what you are saying, I totally agree. Drevlow plays every game well, not just some of the games. According to the stats in the paper, Purintun struggled throwing about half the season. Linton basically became a running dominated team. Why can't Linton backs get more credit for helping Purintun out if he wins. Recognition should hopefully go to the most deserving player no matter the position.
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to A