2008 NDAPSSA Class A Football Poll (Week # 5)

The teams in Class A

2008 NDAPSSA Class A Football Poll (Week # 5)

Postby ND Football Guy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:40 am

Released Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Teams, (1st-place votes), Record, Points, Last Week

1. Velva (9), 5-0, 49, 1

2. Linton-H-M-B (1) 5-0, 39, 2

3. Harvey 4-1, 30, 3

4. Beach 5-0, 22, 4

5. Lisbon 4-2, 5, RV

Also receiving votes: Milnor-North Sargent (4-1) 4, New Salem-Glen Ullin (4-1) 1.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2008 NDAPSSA Class A Football Poll (Week # 5)

Postby RonMexico » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:39 pm

I'm not buying Beach as being a top ten team, let alone a ranked team.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Truce » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:54 am

Lisbon Ranksed 5 ? at 4-2? hahaha

MNS beat them, and they dropped from 5 off the ranking? granted they lost to linton but jeeze.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:12 am

Truce wrote:Lisbon Ranksed 5 ? at 4-2? hahaha

MNS beat them, and they dropped from 5 off the ranking? granted they lost to linton but jeeze.

I would agree. Linton vs. MNS were 6-6 in the fourth quarter. But, the pole really doesn't mean squat.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby A-Fanatic » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:02 pm

RonMexico wrote:I'm not buying Beach as being a top ten team, let alone a ranked team.

Beach May not be as good as their record but they are one of only three unbeaten teams in class A football right now, I think they have at least earned that recognition. It's been said before and it will be said again the poll really doesn't mean anything. Beach is a playoff team for sure that's what matters.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:04 am

:D
Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:56 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Well, after tonights beatdown I don't believe beach will be a healthy enough to be a playoff team.

Beach is still a playoff team but if they lost some key players like you suggest happened it will probably not go well for them. Congrats to NSGU on a big win. Just don't count your chickens before they hatch Killdeer was impressive last night over Grant County. They will give you a good game and could surprise you if you look past them. I would expect after shutting out Beach last night NSGU will make this weeks poll in the top five. The recognition will be nice but it also puts a target on your back and gives teams motivation. Good luck with your last two games.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:05 pm

:D
Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:52 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Yeah, I saw that too. Not sure what type of offense killdeer runs? Saw that stanley put up 40 on garrison. Not really sure what to think of that garrison and their modern style offense cant score a point against anybody the last two years, so its hard to know how good stanley is. Tradition on their side though so a guy can never count them out, nor killdeer. But I think NSGU is very confident in what they can do. If someone else beats them then so be it, they know what is expected out of them and they are going to lay it on the table each week from now on. If they stay healthy I believe they will take care of stanley and killdeer. The schedule works in new salems favor as they go to stanley and have killdeer at home. I believe killdeer is the tougher of the two. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything written on these two teams.

I have to agree that Killdeer is the tougher of the two. I still think that they may be a little down this year but last nights game against Grant County makes me wonder if they've improved or got some key player back that makes the wheel go round? I haven't seen them play for a couple years but I don't think they get to fancy, kind of straight forward stop us if you can type offense. should be a good match up with New Salem. I'm betting on a hard hitting smash mouth football game. Advantage New Salem with home field and big "MO" going their way.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Return to A