Beach vs. New Salem-Glen Ullin

The teams in Class A

Re: Beach vs. New Salem-Glen Ullin

Postby sportsdude » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:47 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:NSGU is for real.

Yet they couldn't beat Harvey? I'm sorry, I'm not buying what New Salem is selling.
sportsdude

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:30 am

:D
Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby TapouTfighter » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:14 am

Seriously, if i hear you mention about the harvey game again i'm going to vomit. a lot. I was very disappointed in the way new salem went on to score two touchdowns after the first kid from beach got taken away on a stretcher. unclassy. should have taken a knee for the next three quarters. luckily, beach mustn't have tried to run the ball up the middle on simple iso plays :lol:
TapouTfighter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:32 am

:D
Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:09 pm

New Salem has had an impressive year so far and they have the inside track to a region title. I'm just curious since I haven't seen them play what is they're style what type of offense do they run?
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby aceofspades » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:08 am

bigpoppakdog -- you are hilarious. I like how the Harvey vs. New Salem game was "closer than the score" but the New Salem vs. Beach game was not. While I am not going to be one to say Beach should have won that game, they did have some opportunites early on when they moved the ball well but turned it over a couple times inside the red zone. If Beach would have capitolized on their opportunities, the game could have been much different. No excuses however, New Salem was no question the better team this past Friday night.

It's the same thing that happened last year when Beach came to New Salem and beat them in their house. No different. Beach had a lot to prove last year and was motivated for that game, as was New Salem this year.
aceofspades
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mommydearest » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Yeah beach could have won if seeger hadn't hit that kid so hard he went back in time, or if seeger hadn't crushed the quarterback or if seeger hadn't run for 3 touchdowns.
mommydearest

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:12 pm

mommydearest wrote:Yeah beach could have won if seeger hadn't hit that kid so hard he went back in time, or if seeger hadn't crushed the quarterback or if seeger hadn't run for 3 touchdowns.

Well, let's see how the season ends and where New Salem/Glen Ullin ends up when all is said and done. Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about it. The game is played on the field and not on the threads of this website. I still think New Salem/Glen Ullin has not played anybody tough with the possible exception of Harvey. I am thinking that Killdeer is going to be pumped up to play the game against New Salem/Glen Ullin and will probably win that one. Which if it does happen will make for a three way tie between Beach, Killdeer, and New Salem/Glen Ullin. A tiebreaker could very possibly decide this region and I don't exactly know how this will end up as far as seeds are concerned if that happens.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A-Fanatic » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:38 pm

mommydearest wrote:Yeah beach could have won if seeger hadn't hit that kid so hard he went back in time, or if seeger hadn't crushed the quarterback or if seeger hadn't run for 3 touchdowns.

Is Seeger all that New Salem has? If he is then New Salem isn't as good as I thought they might be. A one man team is not that hard to take down, a good coach can come up with a game plan to stop anybody. But it becomes a lot more difficult if you can't key on one player. Please tell me that New Salem isn't pinning all their hopes on one player.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:55 pm

I am no longer commenting on a 5-1 team due to nobody given them any credit for what they do. You'll either have to come to watch them or just read about it in the paper. A 5-1 Class A team relying on one player, c'mon now. 5 games into the season and a running back runs for 3 touchdowns and over 150 yds against the 4th ranked team in state and your talking down about them??? :?: :?: :?: :?: Guess now days 5-1 and undefeated in conference play doesn't deserve any credit. But then again, come and watch them play and judge for yourself.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:02 pm

Again, who have they played? Not more than a week ago we were talking that Beach hasn't played anybody tough yet. If Beach wasn't that good and then got beat by New Salem are they automatically good now so New Salem looks better?
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby porter_55 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Although state rankings aren't always very accurate, Beach was ranked fourth going into the game, and New Salem was receiving votes. To some people it may not mean much, but it could be used as a measuring stick for the teams, for what its worth.
porter_55

Postby A-Fanatic » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:09 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:I am no longer commenting on a 5-1 team due to nobody given them any credit for what they do. You'll either have to come to watch them or just read about it in the paper. A 5-1 Class A team relying on one player, c'mon now. 5 games into the season and a running back runs for 3 touchdowns and over 150 yds against the 4th ranked team in state and your talking down about them??? :?: :?: :?: :?: Guess now days 5-1 and undefeated in conference play doesn't deserve any credit. But then again, come and watch them play and judge for yourself.

I would love to come watch New Salem play! Hopefully I'll get the chance in the playoffs. Reading this forum though all I hear about is Seeger. My question is, "Is Seeger a one man wrecking crew or does somebody else get the ball that can do damage as well?" I'm not talking down about them or taking credit away from them as far as their 5-1 record is concerned. They've got one big test left before the playoffs and I'm just trying to get a feel for how good they really are.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to A