Beach vs. New Salem-Glen Ullin

The teams in Class A

Beach vs. New Salem-Glen Ullin

Postby bestinthewest » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:40 pm

IS NSGU gonna pull off the upset or will beach live up to their ranking?
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Re: Beach vs. New Salem-Glen Ullin

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:57 pm

:D
Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bestinthewest » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:04 pm

i'm using the word upset simply because beach is ranked and NSGU is not. in my opinion if any team that is ranked gets beaten by any that is not ranked or isnt recieving votes, it is an upset.

oh by the way, does anyone think NSGU deserves to at least get some votes in the polls? they are 6th in the state in points allowed and points scored. they havent really played anyone yet besides maybe grant county flasher but what does everyone else think?
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bestinthewest » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:36 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:I wasn't referring to you using the word upset. I believe it was A-fanatic that used that word. I don't know, if Harvey was #1 and new salems only loss was to them in a hard fought game, one would think they should start getting some consideration. If New Salem can continue to improve on offense, which they did last night, they could be a team that gives the "top dog" insects a run for their money. Plus, having them padding stats at the end is something new salem hasn't forgotten.

if NSGU beats beach next week and they don't at least get some votes, there is something wrong with the ranking system.
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:37 pm

How do these two teams match up? My own observation here is that New Salem is a pretty good football team. They Played Harvey tough A late first half touchdown and another in the last minute of the game would make that game appear more lopsided than it really was. New Salem has handled everybody else they've played pretty convincingly. I don't much about Beach, I don't think they've really had to face a real quality opponent yet. They beat Killdeer but it was a close game and I really don't think Killdeer is very good this year. I think New Salem will win this game and to call it an upset is only because of the state rankings which don't mean squat! New Salem 27 - Beach13
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A - Football Fan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:08 am

I am not disputing that Beach probably hasn't played anybody tough but with the exception of Harvey (who beat New Salem/ Glen Ullin) who has New Salem/Glen Ullin played that would be considered tough? Standing Rock? DLB? Garrison? Grant County Flasher played them to a 20-30 loss. Grant County and New Salem/Glen Ullin came in with identical 3-1 records. Both having losses to rated teams (Harvey and Velva respectively). Other than that they have had pretty much non-taxing schedules. With the exclusion of Harvey the rest of New Salem/Glen Ullin's opponents have a combined record of 5-15. Grant County Flasher's opponents with the exclusion of Velva have a combined record of 8-12. When you look at the schedule of opponents New Salem/Glen Ullin should be winning these games even if they are just an OK team not even good or great. On paper Grant Co./Flasher has an impressive looking schedule with North Prairie (3-2) who is in a rebuilding year after spending their wad on last years team, Velva (5-0) enough said, Stanley (1-4) recent powerhouse but really strugling in the past few years, and New Salem (4-1). However, truth be told most of those teams are down this year and will be willing to return a few favors in coming years I'm sure.

I agree that Beach needs to prove themselves as a rank worthy team but in my book so does New Salem/Glen Ullin. This weeks game will be a good measuring stick for both teams (regionally speaking). As far as how they sit with the rest of the state that will have to remain to be seen. Bigpopkdog, I love that you are passionate about your team, I am about mine. I would like to see New Salem/Glen Ullin win this as much as you would.... ok probably not that much but I would still like to see them win. I just think they have a tougher task ahead of them than what you think. If they do win, it will be an upset if only because Beach is rated and they are playing in Beach.

Anyway, good luck this weekend. I will be watching sports highlights intently to see if your team can pull it off and I sincerely hope that they do. I hope the Holsteins can "milk" out a victory. (Ouch that was bad)
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:57 am

Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A-Fanatic » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:08 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:I am not disputing that Beach probably hasn't played anybody tough but with the exception of Harvey (who beat New Salem/ Glen Ullin) who has New Salem/Glen Ullin played that would be considered tough? Standing Rock? DLB? Garrison? Grant County Flasher played them to a 20-30 loss. Grant County and New Salem/Glen Ullin came in with identical 3-1 records. Both having losses to rated teams (Harvey and Velva respectively). Other than that they have had pretty much non-taxing schedules. With the exclusion of Harvey the rest of New Salem/Glen Ullin's opponents have a combined record of 5-15. Grant County Flasher's opponents with the exclusion of Velva have a combined record of 8-12. When you look at the schedule of opponents New Salem/Glen Ullin should be winning these games even if they are just an OK team not even good or great. On paper Grant Co./Flasher has an impressive looking schedule with North Prairie (3-2) who is in a rebuilding year after spending their wad on last years team, Velva (5-0) enough said, Stanley (1-4) recent powerhouse but really strugling in the past few years, and New Salem (4-1). However, truth be told most of those teams are down this year and will be willing to return a few favors in coming years I'm sure.

I agree that Beach needs to prove themselves as a rank worthy team but in my book so does New Salem/Glen Ullin. This weeks game will be a good measuring stick for both teams (regionally speaking). As far as how they sit with the rest of the state that will have to remain to be seen. Bigpopkdog, I love that you are passionate about your team, I am about mine. I would like to see New Salem/Glen Ullin win this as much as you would.... ok probably not that much but I would still like to see them win. I just think they have a tougher task ahead of them than what you think. If they do win, it will be an upset if only because Beach is rated and they are playing in Beach.

Anyway, good luck this weekend. I will be watching sports highlights intently to see if your team can pull it off and I sincerely hope that they do. I hope the Holsteins can "milk" out a victory. (Ouch that was bad)

Somebody did their homework. I just have one question. Who has been tested this year in the west? It seems to me that there aren't a lot of good football teams in the west this year.Besides Velva and Harvey in region 3 and New Salem and Beach in region 4 I don't see many good teams.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby kylew10 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:20 pm

Ok I agree with you all I think this game is going to be good bud look at all the injuries and NSGU has...Tanner Sibla(WR, Out for season) Theil(OL, Out for season) maybe Alex Young will be out for the season, well for surly this week with a neck injury. Their getting back Kruger but hes limited with his play..I still hope this will be a good line if NSGU's defense can hold up against the pass.
kylew10

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:29 pm

seeger and wolf....need I say more?
bigpoppakdog

Postby kylew10 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:39 pm

hahah no need that for sure. boy oh boy.
kylew10

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:43 am

According to the other threads (Points scored and points allowed through week 5) Beach will be coming in to this weekends game having averaged 29.4 points scored per game and 10.0 points allowed per game while New Salem/Glen Ullin will be entering the game with 28.4 points per game and allowing 11.6 points per game. Not too much difference there. Beach has played Bowman, DLB, Kenmare, Killdeer, and Garrison. These two teams have two previous games in common. They have both played DLB and Garrison. Beach defeated DLB 35-7 while New Salem/Glen Ullin won 30-6, and Beach beat Garrison 32-0, while New Salem/Glen Ullin won 30-6. I don't know anything about Killdeer other than they were rated before losing to Harvey 33-0 and Beach 24-15. This game is in Beach which may give them an advantage over New Salem. The good thing for New Salem is that they are not in the polls and haven't received any votes. This is a everything to gain nothing to lose type situation for them. If they play hard and, as bigpoppakdog says, "mistake free" then they can win this game. It appears as though they are pretty evenly matched.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:43 am

yep. I'd say 50-50 on this game. No clear cut favorite. I think new salem is starting to realize that they are a pretty good football team.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:57 am

I didn't notice, but I see that Killdeer is playing Grant Co. Flasher this weekend. It also may be a good way for New Salem to see how good Killdeer may actually be and how they may match up against a relative unkown. I say relative unknown because Killdeer lost to a tought Harvey team 33-0 and then again to Beach 24-15.Are they any good or just over-rated and if they are good just how good is Beach. The next couple of weeks could be interesting in Class A football. Example: If New Salem were to beat Beach and then lose to Killdeer you could potentially end up with a 3 way tie in the region.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A-Fanatic » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:58 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Well, just because stanley is down and killdeer is down, doesn't mean there isn't any good football teams. Right now, New Salem and Beach are good football teams. We're used to hearing about these teams winning 30 to 0, now other teams are doing that, and unfairly in my opinion, not given the recognition they deserve. My belief, is that Harvey thought ns was going to be a pushover and was tested a lot more than they expected and didn't like a 20-0 score so they took a cheap shot with 25 seconds left, knowing n.s. (undoubtably all state)linebacker was on the sidelines.
As of now, the teams over in the west that are at the top are Beach and New Salem. New Salem has Beach, Stanley and Killdeer left. They could easily go 7 and 1 or at worst 6 - 2, being better than 2 out of the 3 teams. Beach will be a good game. New Salem should take care of stanley and killdeer barring something disastrous.

If I remember correctly I did give credit to both New Salem and Beach for being quality teams. What I said was that the rest of the west just isn't very good this year. Quarterfinal playoffs will be Velva, Harvey, New Salem, and Beach not a lot of surprises this year.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby bestinthewest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:39 pm

ok time for last predictions before game-day.

Beach or NSGU??
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby kylew10 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:02 pm

NSGU
kylew10

Postby RonMexico » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:11 pm

A-Fanatic wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:Well, just because stanley is down and killdeer is down, doesn't mean there isn't any good football teams. Right now, New Salem and Beach are good football teams. We're used to hearing about these teams winning 30 to 0, now other teams are doing that, and unfairly in my opinion, not given the recognition they deserve. My belief, is that Harvey thought ns was going to be a pushover and was tested a lot more than they expected and didn't like a 20-0 score so they took a cheap shot with 25 seconds left, knowing n.s. (undoubtably all state)linebacker was on the sidelines.
As of now, the teams over in the west that are at the top are Beach and New Salem. New Salem has Beach, Stanley and Killdeer left. They could easily go 7 and 1 or at worst 6 - 2, being better than 2 out of the 3 teams. Beach will be a good game. New Salem should take care of stanley and killdeer barring something disastrous.

If I remember correctly I did give credit to both New Salem and Beach for being quality teams. What I said was that the rest of the west just isn't very good this year. Quarterfinal playoffs will be Velva, Harvey, New Salem, and Beach not a lot of surprises this year.

Grant County may have something to say about that.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:55 am

I think Killdeer will have more to say than Grant Co./Flasher. However, all of that will come in to light after tonight because of the match-ups in Region 4. New Salem/Glen Ullin at Beach and Killdeer at Grant Co./Flasher.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A-Fanatic » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:57 am

A - Football Fan wrote:

I think Killdeer will have more to say than Grant Co./Flasher. However, all of that will come in to light after tonight because of the match-ups in Region 4. New Salem/Glen Ullin at Beach and Killdeer at Grant Co./Flasher.

I've seen Grant County play and they do have good quick athletes they could throw a surprise in there but I still think the top two teams in region 4 are NSGU and Beach. Tonight will be an interesting night in region 4.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:13 am

Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:01 am

Last edited by bigpoppakdog on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigpoppakdog

Next

Return to A