Linton HMB vs. Milnor North Sargent

The teams in Class A

Linton HMB vs. Milnor North Sargent

Postby A-Fanatic » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:29 pm

This should be a good game this week depending on the polls could be #2 vs. #3 I'd like to hear some thoughts on this one. I am not familiar with either team so I couldn't even make an educated guess on this one.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Re: Linton HMB vs. Milnor North Sargent

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:57 am

very good game. In my opinion, I think MNS will win. They have one of the best lines in the state. Their running back is quick and thick and they start a freshman at quarterback who plays like a senior. I watched them play and in the third quarter i was like wow this quarterback is good and i looked and he was only a nineth grade! wow does that kid have a bright future.

Linton on the other hand has one of the best qbs in the state in Justin Purintan. The kid is an absolute freak to the game of class A North Dakota Football.

I recommend going to watch, should be a great game with great college prospects in Purintan and Drevlow.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Irish » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:22 pm

I pick MNS by 12 points. Purintuns going to throw for 100 yards and 2 picks. Weak at the running back spot but full back is ok. Line must be getting better but yards from line of scrimmage don't look to good according to the paper. Look for MNS to run all over Linton and even catch 5 balls. Should be a great game though. Drevlow will make 4 plays on the night.
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:45 pm

Irish wrote:I pick MNS by 12 points. Purintuns going to throw for 100 yards and 2 picks. Weak at the running back spot but full back is ok. Line must be getting better but yards from line of scrimmage don't look to good according to the paper. Look for MNS to run all over Linton and even catch 5 balls. Should be a great game though. Drevlow will make 4 plays on the night.

Just 4 for Drevlow? I think that is setting the bar pretty low. Even if his plays don't show up in the highlites he is a presence and draws double and triple teams.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:57 am

I will pick Linton by two touchdowns in this one. I don't know much about the teams but this is my prediciton and I will stand by it.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A-Fanatic » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:33 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:I will pick Linton by two touchdowns in this one. I don't know much about the teams but this is my prediciton and I will stand by it.

Well I guess this one is gonna be #2 vs. #5 Milnor-NS is at home which should help them but I'll take Linton-HMB in a close one 20-14. Like I said I don't know either team but Linton has tradition on their side!
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:04 am

MNS by 14....

Lintons Line has alot left to be desired, they cant run the ball well yet.

MNS has the line, they will controll the line of scrimmage. MNS can run the ball. Passing they can do also. Hansana had 196 yards passing against lisbon, and MNS Defense Held Schell to 83 Yards total, and 56 of those were on one play. So 14 Carries for 27 yards for one of the best RBs in A football this year. Linton is gonna have their hands full.

Nevermind that Linton has to travel 3 hours also...
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:41 am

This game is going to be a good one. Physically Milnor North Sargent is a stronger team. But Linton has a wonderful QB. If the Dawgs can put him on his but a few times early it will help keep him from going threw his progressions and picking apart the secondary. I don't fore see a lot of points going up on the board in this one.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby eastfan1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:07 am

im going to say 26-13 Linton
eastfan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsmart » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Linton big. Minor isn't that good!!
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsmart » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:19 pm

sportsmart wrote:Linton big. Minor isn't that good!!

meant Milnor...Sorry
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:39 am

A - Football Fan wrote:I will pick Linton by two touchdowns in this one.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:37 am

Linton by two touchdowns. I would love to hear from anybody who was at this game. Did Linton play a great game or did Milnor make a bunch of mistakes. I'm interested to hear how this game went down.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:09 pm

It was actually a pretty good game. it was 6-6 at halftime, MNS had a few bad things happen on Special Teams that really hurt their field position.

Should make for an interesting playoff bracket.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball22 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:10 pm

I acually made my first game to watch these teams last night. I was impressed with both it could of went both ways. They both ran the ball all over each other. I dont now what milnor north sargent was running but it killed them when linton did that little dive to the fullback. Give credit to lintion they deserve it i would like for these teams to meet up again.
basketball22

Postby taveg » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Truce wrote:MNS by 14....

MNS has the line, they will controll the line of scrimmage. MNS can run the ball. Passing they can do also. Hansana had 196 yards passing against lisbon, and MNS Defense Held Schell to 83 Yards total, and 56 of those were on one play. So 14 Carries for 27 yards for one of the best RBs in A football this year. Linton is gonna have their hands full.

i know its a little late but i dont think travel time has to do with anything. if you remember last years quarterfinals linton had to travel 5+ hours and leave very early saturday morning to play an afternoon game at a very tough langdon. and they ended up winning 28-14 or something like that.
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:25 am

taveg wrote:
Truce wrote:MNS by 14....

i know its a little late but i dont think travel time has to do with anything. if you remember last years quarterfinals linton had to travel 5+ hours and leave very early saturday morning to play an afternoon game at a very tough langdon. and they ended up winning 28-14 or something like that.

I would disagree with you on this one. Linton was a much better team than Langdon. Neutral field they were probably a 4 touchdown favorite. I think travel had something to do with the 4 or was it 5 turnovers Linton had the next week when they played at Lisbon and lost by one score.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:51 pm

Just a little stat...

Since Linton went back to 11-man in 2005, they have lost 3 road games. The state title in 2006 to Velva and two losses last year to Lisbon.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to A