Velva vs. Harvey game thread

The teams in Class A

Velva vs. Harvey game thread

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Maybe I am a little too much of an Aggie fan but I will be posting updates on this game throughout the evening. Anyone interested in listening to it live it will be broadcast live on www.khrt.com
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Velva vs. Harvey game thread

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:16 pm

Just over 5:00 left in the first, still 0-0. Velva fumbled on the second play and since then it has been a defensive battle. Harvey is nudging the ball a little bit at a time on the punt trades. Velva has the ball and are moving right now.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Touchdown Aggies, Ystaas to Kuntz. 7-0 2:34 to go in the first.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:30 pm

After one it is 7-0 Velva. Harvey drove deep into Velva territory, but were stopped outside the redzone. Velva took over on downs and is driving with just over 9:00 in the second.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:36 pm

Kittleson 18 yd touchdown. 14-0 Velva. Velva is running to the tune of over 5+ yards per carry and mixing it up quite well with passes and runs.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:59 pm

End of the half Velva leads 14-0.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:13 pm

Harvey has 99 yards in the first half, Velva has 200.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:28 pm

Harvey scores on a long touchdown pass, Lier to Faul 83 yards 14-7 Velva leads with 7:34 left in the third quarter.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:44 pm

14-7 Velva after 3. Velva has the ball.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:56 pm

Velva has a 30 yd touchdown pass, PAT was no good. Velva leads 20-7. Fourth quarter, 7:49 remaining in the game.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Harvey goes three and out, they had fourth and short, were going to go for it but jumped and picked up a five yard penalty. On fourth and seven, they had to punt. 5:35 left in the game.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Velva is running the ball and burning time off of the clock. Big first down for the Aggies, less than 3:00 minutes to play in the game. Aggies driving and are at about mid-field.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Aggies are punting with about 1:50 left in the game. Harvey had a huge defensive stand to get the ball back with a little time to do some work. Harvey will get the ball on their own 26 yard line with now 1:43 left in the game.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:15 pm

Velva intercepts a pass, illeagal blocks after the interception and a delay of game, first and 15. Victory formation for the Aggies 1:20 left in the game.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:18 pm

Velva wins 20-7. Second half was closer than the first half. Harvey had one big 83 yard play for their lone score. Velva had some penalties and Harvey stood strong in the second half. Should be a good game if these two meet in the playoffs. This is a probable semi-final matchup which if it plays out that way will be played in Velva.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:44 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:Velva intercepts a pass, illeagal blocks after the interception and a delay of game, first and 15. Victory formation for the Aggies 1:20 left in the game.

didn't velva try to run up the score or did they take a knee on the final possession? If they took a knee...you better not tell me or I'm going to rant on my next post.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:57 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:Velva intercepts a pass, illeagal blocks after the interception and a delay of game, first and 15. Victory formation for the Aggies 1:20 left in the game.

didn't velva try to run up the score or did they take a knee on the final possession? If they took a knee...you better not tell me or I'm going to rant on my next post.

No Velva didn't try to run up the score! Once Harvey burned up its timeouts Velva just killed the clock.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:05 pm

Hey Bigpoppa, I'm not sure with the current playoff format but I think you may get another shot at Harvey in New Salem after their loss to Velva. First round is within the region and then they crossbracket which would probably mean that if New Salem wins their region Harvey and New Salem would be a likely second round playoff game! I could be wrong about that somebody correct if I am. I just hope if that is the scenario that Harvey doesn't score a late touchdown again.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby 07AF » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:59 pm

Ha. If that is what happens. Then i hope Harvey is winning 30-0 with two minutes left. Breaks a 50 yard TD. Then i hope New Salem Fumbles Harvey recovers. And then breaks a 30 yarder. Then I will start a brand new thread for bigpoppa to whine in that I will never ever read. Please just give it up Poppa it's getting really old.
07AF

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:24 pm

07AF wrote:Ha. If that is what happens. Then i hope Harvey is winning 30-0 with two minutes left. Breaks a 50 yard TD. Then i hope New Salem Fumbles Harvey recovers. And then breaks a 30 yarder. Then I will start a brand new thread for bigpoppa to whine in that I will never ever read. Please just give it up Poppa it's getting really old.

The beauty about football "what goes around comes around."
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:33 pm

A-Fanatic wrote:Hey Bigpoppa, I'm not sure with the current playoff format but I think you may get another shot at Harvey in New Salem after their loss to Velva. First round is within the region and then they crossbracket which would probably mean that if New Salem wins their region Harvey and New Salem would be a likely second round playoff game! I could be wrong about that somebody correct if I am. I just hope if that is the scenario that Harvey doesn't score a late touchdown again.

I'm not sure, I haven't looked at the brackets yet. From what I've been seeing and reading in the papers it looks like this so far:

1. Velva
2. Beach
3. Harvey
4. New Salem
5. Killdeer

although 2-4 could be rearranged 6 different ways. I don't think Killdeer is as good as predicted right now. If New Salem can play a game without 12 offensive penalties I think they are as tough as anyone with exception towards Velva because I haven't seen them play.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:37 pm

07AF wrote:Ha. If that is what happens. Then i hope Harvey is winning 30-0 with two minutes left. Breaks a 50 yard TD. Then i hope New Salem Fumbles Harvey recovers. And then breaks a 30 yarder. Then I will start a brand new thread for bigpoppa to whine in that I will never ever read. Please just give it up Poppa it's getting really old.

237 posts from me to twenty some from these newbies. Better strap into your carseats kiddies, you ain't the first nor the last to feel the wrath of the kdog. :twisted:
bigpoppakdog

Postby 07AF » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:30 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:

237 posts from me to twenty some from these newbies. Better strap into your carseats kiddies, you ain't the first nor the last to feel the wrath of the kdog. :twisted:

I am no noob to boards. And from what I have seen from you I'm not to worried. You may as well have 2000 post to my 20 doesn't mean you have good stuff to say. It just means you have alot to say. I have also been busy with my job overseas in the Air Force. So I havn't been around to contribute to the boards.
07AF

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:06 am

glad your back!! I welcome the challenge. I predicted a blowout by Velva and nobody else even when I have never seen Velva play!! Give me the credit I also deserve. The last heated blogging battle I was in..hmmm...predicted the region champs by one stroke in golf, and predicted the state champ...also put others in place regarding region basketball last year. Again, those bloggers are now gone... :(

I love when my predictions come true and people can only respond with "stop whining" comments. It tells me the type of mentality I am working with.
bigpoppakdog

Postby 07AF » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:28 am

I'm not back I am still there. :(
I believe you picked Velva because you do not like Harvey. I picked Harvey because they are defending champs who were ranked number one. Nice call on the game. Not quite what i would call a blow out but......
I never said stop whining about something that you got right. Because that is not whining that would be considered bragging. I said stop whining that your team lost.
07AF

Next

Return to A