Velva vs. Harvey

The teams in Class A

Re: Velva vs. Harvey

Postby packerfan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

their big stud did not score the last touchdown. it was their fullback. he works his butt off blocking for wolfe and gets no credit. i thnk it is ok it give him the ball on a simple run play and see what he can do with it. he deserves it.
packerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:47 pm

packerfan wrote:their big stud did not score the last touchdown. it was their fullback. he works his butt off blocking for wolfe and gets no credit. i thnk it is ok it give him the ball on a simple run play and see what he can do with it. he deserves it.

just watched the game film. thought the fullback corked off the long run just before that play and wolfe(sp?) punched it in?
bigpoppakdog

Postby igetmoney15 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:57 am

bigpoppakdog... it seems to me you have some cold blood with the harvey football team... that must be why you were wining about this so much. because as you can see everyone else agrees that it is not bad sportsmanship.. i say deal with it. harvey scored on a simple iso. i dont think it matters who was running the ball. as i said they were simply trying to run out the clock. i also do not see what the big deal is about there all region linebacker not being in. seeing how there are 10 other starters on the team and the fact that it was a second stringer. so end of discussion. stop wining
igetmoney15

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:52 pm

thanks for the words of wisdom 4 post guy. Tell me something just for curiosity, did Velva end the game by taking a knee? That's all I wanted to know.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:59 pm

07AF wrote:Ok, let us say that Harvey was winning 20-0 like they were with 25 seconds to go like there was, except New Salem had the ball. What do you think they should have done? Kneel it to end the game, or run a play and try to score even though there was no hope at all of winning. Run a play right? And don't say their is a difference because there is none. Harvey wins New Salem loses. Get em next time.
And please do not question the integrity of coach Sandy or his coaching staff. YOU DO NOT KNOW THEM. They are upstanding men with a love for high school football. They shake the other team's hand after every game just like every other coach and player. If you feel the need to further continue discussion of the game go ahead... just leave nasty talk about people out of it please.

Another interesting note: New Salem had the ball with 15 seconds left, and they did kneel on it to end the game.
bigpoppakdog

Postby future star » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:40 pm

congrats to velva on a great game. :wink:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to A