Top Ten

The teams in Class A

Top Ten

Postby Lights Out2 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:34 pm

Who will be the top ten in class A football this year?
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Lights Out2
NDPreps Starter

Re: Top Ten

Postby future star » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm

Harvey, NP, and Velva have to be the clear favorites to win state.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_Coach » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:27 pm

future star wrote:Harvey, NP, and Velva have to be the clear favorites to win state.

Doesn't North Prarie lose just about everyone? I know Zinke MacAtee and M. Good are gone, it will be very tough to compete for a state title having to replace those 3.

Velva will be tough and again and Harvey has just about everyone coming back so those two could be legit title contenders
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sports for life » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:34 pm

I'm almost positive that NP loses their entire line..In fact i think they lose all but 2 starters from last years team
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:07 am

I think a good top five would be:
1. Harvey-return a lot of everything
2. Velva-rich tradition and return a lot too
3. Linton-lose Schneider and Schatz but return pretty much everything else and have the best qb in the state
4t. Milnor-North Sargeant-return quite a bit and Drevlow will be a dominant player
4t. Lisbon-lose quite a few lineman but return a lot of good players including Brandon Schell
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby future star » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:34 pm

With a great coach like Zinke you have to put them up there with the velvas and harveys.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketball22 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:49 pm

I heard some kids moved down from bottninio is there any truth behind this ?
basketball22

Postby baller01 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:13 pm

basketball22 wrote:I heard some kids moved down from bottninio is there any truth behind this ?

Yes. The 3 Roemmich boys have moved from Bottino to Linton.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketball22 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:10 pm

what postions do they play
basketball22

Postby LarryBirdFan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:48 pm

basketball22 wrote:what postions do they play

I heard that they play TE and WR. They will make good targets for Puritan as they are all in the 180 to 190 pound range and they are 6 foot, 6'2" and 6'3" They are all extremely fast, as I have watched them place at the State Track Meet in both Hurdle events in the past two years.
LarryBirdFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 am

Killdeer is a perennial favorite and New Salem- Glen Ullin may surprise.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:17 am

They are all extremely fast, as I have watched them place at the State Track Meet in both Hurdle events in the past two years.[/quote][/color]

I quess I can't argue about how they did in the hurdle events at state track but I watched Bottineau play football last year and they had horrible team speed. I thought they had some good looking football players on their team but it really looked to me like Bottineau was a S-L-O-W team last year.

Not to say that these guys will not help out Linton a ton I am just saying my general observation that they did not look like they had any game breaking speed last year.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:27 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:They are all extremely fast, as I have watched them place at the State Track Meet in both Hurdle events in the past two years.
[/color]

I quess I can't argue about how they did in the hurdle events at state track but I watched Bottineau play football last year and they had horrible team speed. I thought they had some good looking football players on their team but it really looked to me like Bottineau was a S-L-O-W team last year.

Not to say that these guys will not help out Linton a ton I am just saying my general observation that they did not look like they had any game breaking speed last year.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that the Roemmichs have never played football before. I can't say I'm 100% sure on that but I don't believe they have. Yes, they play TE on offense and DB on defense.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby iplod34 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:59 pm

baller01 wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:They are all extremely fast, as I have watched them place at the State Track Meet in both Hurdle events in the past two years.
[/color]

Not to say that these guys will not help out Linton a ton I am just saying my general observation that they did not look like they had any game breaking speed last year.

I'm pretty sure that the Roemmichs have never played football before. I can't say I'm 100% sure on that but I don't believe they have. Yes, they play TE on offense and DB on defense.[/quote]

ive heard from people that they havent played except for one of them played 7th grade year
im cud b wrong tho
A team will always appreciate a great individual if he's willing to sacrifice for the group. You can't win if you don't play as a unit.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
iplod34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:03 pm

If they've never played before I don't care what kind of athletes they are - they are going to struggle until they learn the game. They may be able to fill a role here or there, but they won't be studs to carry the team, that is for sure.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:22 pm

Hinsa wrote:If they've never played before I don't care what kind of athletes they are - they are going to struggle until they learn the game. They may be able to fill a role here or there, but they won't be studs to carry the team, that is for sure.

They are actually picking up things pretty well. Linton's offense isn't complicated by any means so it isn't really too hard in the first place. But, not only are they really good athletes they are also 4.0 students which helps too. They won't be expected to carry the team this year. They will just fill in here and there to provide depth and help out.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:31 pm

[/color]

[/quote] I quess I can't argue about how they did in the hurdle events at state track but I watched Bottineau play football last year and they had horrible team speed. I thought they had some good looking football players on their team but it really looked to me like Bottineau was a S-L-O-W team last year.

Not to say that these guys will not help out Linton a ton I am just saying my general observation that they did not look like they had any game breaking speed last year.[/quote]

Haha. You don't need to be fast to be good at hurdles. The older one seems like he would have pretty goood speed though.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EMU20 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:37 pm

this message board are looking good but everyone is leaving out hazen and watford city, how do they not make the list????????????????? both teams have some studs on there always a solid group
EMU20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mailman_25 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:59 pm

There's a reason they're not on the list. If you look at the dates of this discussion, it took place in 2008. WC and Hazen were still in AA.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby Lights Out2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Who's the Top Ten for 2009?
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Lights Out2
NDPreps Starter

Return to A