1st round of playoffs in region

The teams in Class A

1st round of playoffs in region

Postby football rocks » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:38 pm

i dont think that the teams in the same region should have to play 1st round of playoffs
football rocks
NDPreps Starter

Re: 1st round of playoffs in region

Postby Lights Out2 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:33 pm

I agree, but if they dont then the teams have to travel further.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Lights Out2
NDPreps Starter

Postby Nodak Guy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:55 pm

I think the first round of playoffs between Regional opponents is pointless. Skip the first round all together, and just take the top two teams from each region. With some regions having six teams, it's pretty hard NOT to make it. Who really wants to see a 7-1 #1 seed vs. a 3-5 #4? Reward the teams that take care of business each week to get to #1 or #2, not the teams that struggle all year and have a losing record going in. Doesn't make sense, although I do know that the first round of playoff is a money maker for the NDHSAA. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a change.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:39 am

Nodak Guy wrote:I think the first round of playoffs between Regional opponents is pointless. Skip the first round all together, and just take the top two teams from each region. With some regions having six teams, it's pretty hard NOT to make it. Who really wants to see a 7-1 #1 seed vs. a 3-5 #4? Reward the teams that take care of business each week to get to #1 or #2, not the teams that struggle all year and have a losing record going in. Doesn't make sense, although I do know that the first round of playoff is a money maker for the NDHSAA. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a change.

GREAT POST, I couldn't agree with you anymore.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:17 pm

ndfan wrote:
Nodak Guy wrote:I think the first round of playoffs between Regional opponents is pointless. Skip the first round all together, and just take the top two teams from each region. With some regions having six teams, it's pretty hard NOT to make it. Who really wants to see a 7-1 #1 seed vs. a 3-5 #4? Reward the teams that take care of business each week to get to #1 or #2, not the teams that struggle all year and have a losing record going in. Doesn't make sense, although I do know that the first round of playoff is a money maker for the NDHSAA. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a change.

GREAT POST, I couldn't agree with you anymore.

Do you add 1 more regular season game then? Even if you make it to state, 12 football games isn't that many games.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby football rocks » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:13 pm

yeah but look at harvey velva north prarie and new rockford they were in the top 8 teams in the state no questions about it 2 of them teams got screwed bacause that region is so hard
football rocks
NDPreps Starter

Postby Nodak Guy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:18 pm

football rocks wrote:yeah but look at harvey velva north prarie and new rockford they were in the top 8 teams in the state no questions about it 2 of them teams got screwed bacause that region is so hard

Maybe they should use some type of power poll to set the playoffs. Take the top two teams of each region automatically, and then rank the rest of the teams in a power poll format. Take the best, and leave the rest. That way, if one region is loaded and another region is weak, the teams that deserve to be in are in. Make the power poll teams travel the first round to either the #1 or #2 teams from each region. Might work, but will probably never happen.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A