Milnor/ North Sargent

The teams in Class A

Milnor/ North Sargent

Postby keips » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:26 pm

What are some thoughts on Milnor/NS coming into 2008?
keips

Re: Milnor/ North Sargent

Postby ND_Coach » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:58 pm

I can give you a rundown of who they have coming back

Offensively:

OL: Tim Michlitsch SR is back for a third year starting at center, pretty solid all region type player
Andrew Greenmeyer SO started every game at guard last year, works pretty hard will be a good player
Landon Avery JR started the second half of the season at Tackle, needs to improve his quickness and strength
Dylan Krueger SR start the first half of the season at Tackle. Could be a serviceable lineman

They need to find a guard. There is not a lot of depth on the ol

WR/TE: Tysen Hansen SR returns. Nice size at 6'4" and very good athletically
Ryan Drevlow SR returns for a 4th year of starting. Nice size 6'5" 230lbs. Decent speed 4.95 40 an absolute stud - D 1 type football player, should be an offensive focal point
Spencer Schutt SR TE saw playing time last year spot time player, wont stand out but won't hurt the team

2 very good targets should make life a little easier for the QB both Drevlow and Hansen can go get bad throws

QB/RB: Casey Colemer SR will return for a third year as starting FB. DAC 10 caliber player. Hard nosed, will run through a wall
Greyson Shirrell SR started the first part of the year before injury. Ok spead, does a good job hitting the hole

Losing Martwick hurts. QB siuation is unclear it will probally be Josh Hansanna who will be a freshman next year.

Defensively
Drevlow and Michlitsch will return along the DL. Drevlow played out of position at LB for a good part of the year, should be moved back to DL where he is far more effective

Colemer will return for a 4th season of starting at LB. A.J. Enderson is another player who has played some at LB

Seth Lunneborg started in the secondary and LB last year. Hard worker will be an all region type player.

Secondary: Shirrell back for a third year at safety
Philip Enderson SO started most of the year at corner will be a very good player
Hansen played both LB and CB last year

The defensive secondary is pretty solid they need to find some LBrs

They have the talent to compete for a region championship but the lack of depth could be a concern if injuries hit. Will definetly make the playoffs and I thinkthey will win at least one game
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:55 am

"Losing Martwick hurts. QB siuation is unclear it will probally be Josh Hansanna who will be a freshman next year."

How far can a freshmen QB really take them? Unless he is an absolute stud for his age, I think the inexperience will hurt them.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:15 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:"Losing Martwick hurts. QB siuation is unclear it will probally be Josh Hansanna who will be a freshman next year."

How far can a freshmen QB really take them? Unless he is an absolute stud for his age, I think the inexperience will hurt them.

He is a stud. Throwing will not be a problem at all for him, but reads and inexperience will be the only things that may hurt him.
basketballer

Postby ND_Coach » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:11 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:"Losing Martwick hurts. QB siuation is unclear it will probally be Josh Hansanna who will be a freshman next year."

It probally will hurt them early on, but fortunatly there are 3 non-region games before the games that count.

However, they will not count on the QB to win games. Defense will keep it close, they'll pound the ball and throw a play action pass here and there, just like the last two years
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketetballfreak23 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:26 pm

Yeah i think the kid is going to to go threw some growing pains but he aint suppose to be a freshman. People dont really now that he is acually suppose to be a somphmore. His parents held him back a year before he went to kindergarten which alot of people do so he is pretty mature for his age.As long as they can find a decent back to hand off to they will be alrite
basketetballfreak23

Postby basketball22 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:31 pm

who is gonna run the ball for them since martwick is gone ?
basketball22

Postby ND_Coach » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:09 pm

basketball22 wrote:who is gonna run the ball for them since martwick is gone ?

I would figure it will be Greyson Shirrell. AJ Enderson could get a few carries

Casey Colemer will be the FB and get a few carries a game
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketball22 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:08 pm

How big is this colemer kid ?
basketball22

Postby ND_Coach » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:43 pm

basketball22 wrote:How big is this colemer kid ?

5'10" 180 Could probally add 15-20 pounds onto his frame
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketball22 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:30 pm

Does he play inside on defense or out side
basketball22

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:19 pm

basketball22 wrote:Does he play inside on defense or out side

Milnor-NS ran the 3-5-3 stack and he has played all 3 of the middle linebacker positions
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justbrowsing » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:25 pm

ND_Coach wrote:Ryan Drevlow SR returns for a 4th year of starting. Nice size 6'5" 230lbs. Decent speed 4.95 40 an absolute stud - D 1 type football player, should be an offensive focal point

A TE that runs a 4.95 had better weigh at least 250 or he isn't a D 1 type football player.
justbrowsing

Postby basketball22 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:07 am

yeah but i dont think he would play that in college
basketball22

Postby ND_Coach » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:28 pm

justbrowsing wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:Ryan Drevlow SR returns for a 4th year of starting. Nice size 6'5" 230lbs. Decent speed 4.95 40 an absolute stud - D 1 type football player, should be an offensive focal point

A TE that runs a 4.95 had better weigh at least 250 or he isn't a D 1 type football player.

He'll be a DE in college. He has added around 10 lbs every year. By the time he graduates he will be around 240. He will continue to work on getting stronger, quicker, and faster, so I would expect his 40 time to drop.

Another possibility is to bulk him up and have him play tackle. He has the frame to carry 300 lbs

Regardless, I stand by my quote that he is a D-1 caliber athlete
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:32 pm

ND_Coach wrote:
justbrowsing wrote:

He'll be a DE in college. He has added around 10 lbs every year. By the time he graduates he will be around 240. He will continue to work on getting stronger, quicker, and faster, so I would expect his 40 time to drop.

Another possibility is to bulk him up and have him play tackle. He has the frame to carry 300 lbs

Drevlow is tough. Best player in Region 1. He leads Milnor to the regional title.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bballfan41 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:16 am

I have heard Drevlow is being recruited by some good D1 schools any truth to this?
Bballfan41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketetballfreak23 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:05 am

Yeah well the one that is trying is Ndsu. He got letters from Iowa and illionos and iowa state but they letters.You dont now if they are recruiting you till they send a scoat down here and look at you all i now is Ndsu is look at him.
basketetballfreak23

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 pm

basketetballfreak23 wrote:Yeah well the one that is trying is Ndsu. He got letters from Iowa and illionos and iowa state but they letters.You dont now if they are recruiting you till they send a scoat down here and look at you all i now is Ndsu is look at him.

NDSU seems pretty serious at this point. They have seen film. There has been several letters sent. They watched him play a couple of basketball games this winter. They invited him to their spring game and summer football camp.

The letters from D-1 schools like Iowa are just introductorary at this point. Film will be sent off and then we'll see if there is interest.

I personally think he could be a two year starter in a mid level D-1 program. What will really help him in recruiting is the fact that he works his butt off and has outstanding charecter
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby keips » Fri May 02, 2008 7:36 pm

baller01 wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
justbrowsing wrote:

Drevlow is tough. Best player in Region 1. He leads Milnor to the regional title.

I can think of many players like schell and puirinton(sp?) that are just as good of not better than Drevlow. and Milnor is goin to have a tough time getting pass Linton and Lisbon for the region title.
keips

Postby basketetballfreak23 » Sat May 03, 2008 12:33 am

Are you talking about him being a college prospect or high school.
basketetballfreak23

Postby collegeoverpros » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:33 am

basketetballfreak23 wrote:Yeah i think the kid is going to to go threw some growing pains but he aint suppose to be a freshman. People dont really now that he is acually suppose to be a somphmore. His parents held him back a year before he went to kindergarten which alot of people do so he is pretty mature for his age.As long as they can find a decent back to hand off to they will be alrite

MAN...good thing he got that extra year of being babysat...I was worried he would be out of control for the team...WHAT KIND OF A STAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!
"The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team."--John Wooden
collegeoverpros
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketetballfreak23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:55 pm

I dont see any thing wrong with that college w/e i was just stating he doesnt really have a freshman body, he is just a year older which will help him i aint down grading the kid
basketetballfreak23

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:43 pm

Nice start to the BUlldogs season I see, pretty solid win over Hatton-Northwood
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A