Cavalier Coaching Job??

The teams in Class A

Re: Cavalier Coaching Job??

Postby bus » Tue May 27, 2008 10:16 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
bus wrote:i also agree. Cavalier would be better off running a veer type offense rather than that power toss.

Running Veer takes more time,talent, and speed than running the "TOSS"

true, but the "toss" requires power and the veer uses more of speed. Cavalier will have more speed than power in the backfield.
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed May 28, 2008 9:30 am

bus wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
bus wrote:i also agree. Cavalier would be better off running a veer type offense rather than that power toss.

Running Veer takes more time,talent, and speed than running the "TOSS"

true, but the "toss" requires power and the veer uses more of speed. Cavalier will have more speed than power in the backfield.

Bus, I am not busting you chops here or picking a fight I just love talking football, As a matter of fact I LOVE the veer offense, but it is extreemly coaching intesive, and your are leaving a majority of the decisions to a 14-18 year old kid, you get the right kid at qb, and it's virtually unstoppable, get the wrong kid and it's a debauckle.

The best high school offense is the one that makes the offensive line the focal point of their team, which gives the kids the best chance to win year in and year out, and the coaches knowlage of the offense and his ability to effectivly teach it, make adjustments, and keep moving the chains.

There is nothing worse than a coach running an offense that does not fit the type of players he has, Like running an "I" formation with a tailback who runs a 5.2 fourty yard dash, then blocking it with one on one blocks with sub par lineman. Or a coach who likes fad offenses like the spread, but has no speed, an average at best thowing QB and no hands at receiver. You will wear out your punters leg with those type of offenses.

Arm chair coaches like us who think a coach should run this style or that style of offense really does not mean a thing if the coach does not have the ability nor the know how to run it.

DeLasalle high school in California had twelve undefeated seasons in a row ,winning 151games straight, using mainly a running game with option or Veer, their streak was ended by a Wing T team from Oregon who ran the ball and did not throw a pass in their victory over DeLasalle.

Don Markham, the father of the double wing "TOSS" offense, scored a national record 880 points in a 14-0 season at Bloomingtion CA. highschool in 1994. Running four plays Toss, Counter, Trap, and Power Pass.

Until someone scores more than 880 points in a season, or wins more than 151 games in a row, I like the "TOSS" and the "VEER" as high school offenses.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Lights Out2 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:59 pm

Lights Out2 wrote:
bus wrote:
ndfan wrote:
bus wrote:Big Wayne Samson is likely going to be hired as an assistant

I've been told big Wayne has taken a job at Northern Cass.

my sources tell me that he is going to be a history teacher at Cavalier, but i will check to see if im correct

I do not think he has accepted that position yet.

I heard that he has now accepted the position at Cavalier.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Lights Out2
NDPreps Starter

Postby bus » Sat May 31, 2008 10:58 pm

i see your point gridirion guru and i know you're not trying to pick a fight.

i think Cavalier would have the time to learn the veer because they will have only 5 seniors and 3 returning starters. if they could get a grasp on the veer this year then maybe next season the could run it to perfection. That is my opinion
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:09 am

Maybe they should go back to running the straight T formation, It worked pretty good for 30 years in Cavalier.

I don't know the whole situation why it did not work out with coach Mack in Cavalier but it would have been tough for anyone to fill Oskendahl's shoes.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to A