3. Larimore
4. Cavalier
5. Mayport-CG
6. Langdon
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Re: 2008 Region 2

Postby football_lives_on » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:25 pm

i agree with them all except for Hatton/Northwood, they lost alot including Staskivige and big lineman Mark Wallace
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby Lights Out2 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:17 pm

1. Park River
2. Larimore
3. Hatton
4. Cavalier
5. Mayport
6. Langdon
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Lights Out2
NDPreps Starter

Postby MT_20 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:51 am

1.Larimore (Best player in the state Karl Hager and all their line are returning they will meet lisbon in a tough game to see who will go to state.)
2.Park River
3.Cavalier
4.Hatton/Northwood
5.Langdon
6.May-Port C/G
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby bus » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:35 am

Cavalier will have a new coach next season unless the players can convince mack to stay
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jokerttt111 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:03 pm

umm yeah i dont think so karl is one of the best in the state thats true but larimore has nobody to help out karl so i think theyd be more like 4th seed

MT_20 wrote:1.Larimore (Best player in the state Karl Hager and all their line are returning they will meet lisbon in a tough game to see who will go to state.)
2.Park River
3.Cavalier
4.Hatton/Northwood
5.Langdon
6.May-Port C/G
jokerttt111

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:51 pm

bus wrote:Cavalier will have a new coach next season unless the players can convince mack to stay

Herald showed Mack resigned in Thursdays paper anyone know who will replace him?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:05 pm

Big Guy wrote:My predictions
1. Park River
2. Hatton/Northwood
3. Larimore
4. Cavalier
5. Mayport-CG
6. Langdon

I would have a very tough time putting Park River at number one right now. They do return a lot but their offensive and defensive lines was very bad this past year. I know that Larimore doesn't lose a lot either but they to were very poor on the offensive and defensive lines. Karl Hager will be one of the top players in the state so I could see them challenging because of Hager and because Starcevic is a heckuva coach. Cavalier might have a pretty big line next year but will be very inexperienced at every position on the field. Langdon does not have a lot of numbers and were senior heavy with the loss of two exceptional running backs in Overby and Beck. MPCG will have a lot of experience all over the field but were also very strong on the offensive and defensive lines. They will need to find a quarterback. Hatton-Northwood returns a couple of lineman along with a couple of good position players. If Jon Nelson had not gotten injured last year I think they could have made a deeper push into the playoffs. They lose a lot of leadership in Nelson, Mark Wallace, and Tyler Staskividge. My preseason view on the region is that everybody has a chance to make the playoffs. I kind of think that Langdon will be pretty down next year but they proved a lot of people wrong this year, so you never know.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bus » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:49 pm

ndfan wrote:Herald showed Mack resigned in Thursdays paper anyone know who will replace him?
Coaches Urlaub and Hanson don't want it, Rumor has it coach Robinson might want it but they are still looking around... Cavalier is gonna need a good coach if they hope to field an inexperienced team.

My Predictions
1.Park River (Good backfield and Beau Brunsvold)
2. Larimore (Karl Hager, what else is there to say)
*3. Hatton-Northwood(Have to step it up with the loss of Wallace and Staksividge)
*4. Cavalier (Not a bad line, injury pending; Inexperience will hurt)
*5.Mayport-CG (Don't know much but it seems to be the popular place)
*6. Langdon (Cant rely on Travis Beck all year)

*Cavalier could be anywhere from 3 to 6 depending on the coach
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jokerttt111 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:14 pm

cubsfan wrote:
Big Guy wrote:My predictions
1. Park River
2. Hatton/Northwood
3. Larimore
4. Cavalier
5. Mayport-CG
6. Langdon

I would have a very tough time putting Park River at number one right now. They do return a lot but their offensive and defensive lines was very bad this past year. I know that Larimore doesn't lose a lot either but they to were very poor on the offensive and defensive lines. Karl Hager will be one of the top players in the state so I could see them challenging because of Hager and because Starcevic is a heckuva coach. Cavalier might have a pretty big line next year but will be very inexperienced at every position on the field. Langdon does not have a lot of numbers and were senior heavy with the loss of two exceptional running backs in Overby and Beck. MPCG will have a lot of experience all over the field but were also very strong on the offensive and defensive lines. They will need to find a quarterback. Hatton-Northwood returns a couple of lineman along with a couple of good position players. If Jon Nelson had not gotten injured last year I think they could have made a deeper push into the playoffs. They lose a lot of leadership in Nelson, Mark Wallace, and Tyler Staskividge. My preseason view on the region is that everybody has a chance to make the playoffs. I kind of think that Langdon will be pretty down next year but they proved a lot of people wrong this year, so you never know.

well considering park rivers line averaged about 170 across i think they did just fine id like to see another team have running backs and wide receivers playing lineman and do as well as park river did do.
jokerttt111

Postby bus » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:38 am

well considering park rivers line averaged about 170 across i think they did just fine id like to see another team have running backs and wide receivers playing lineman and do as well as park river did do.

i guess if everybody dived at the other teams knees i guess they'd be pretty productive on the line too
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Is it a legal blocking technique inside the tackles? If so, what's the beef?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby MT_20 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:34 pm

The Beef is Cavaliers Up big and there is 7 seconds left PR has there Varsity Backs in Cavalier has almost their whole JV in. The game is over cavaliers going to win anyway, PR is in a shotgun set they snap the ball one of our JV linemen goes for the center and as they make contact the gaurd on the right side of the line cuts a 280+ line men with knee problems and tears his MCL. Both PR coachs acted like nothing was wrong with it. (7 seconds left and they cut a JV player). U can see y Cavalier fans would be upset.
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:17 pm

when you are on the field, you also have to protect yourself at all times. but i'm also from the 'no game situation should ever allow you to let your guard/effort down' camp.

it's too bad it had to happen to the kid, especially if he's got problematic knees to begin with. the one downside to playing football when you are 17 and 18 is how you feel when you are 30...hopefully you aren't effected by it. doesn't sound like he'll be that lucky.
rep

Postby ndfan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:00 pm

People need to get over the whole deal, talking and making comments on here isn't going to do a dang thing except lead to another stupid comment from somebody else. Work hard and settle it out on the field next year by whooping there @ss. Simple as that.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby champs0607 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:39 pm

cavalier's gonna have a tuf time doing that to park river, but yeah ur right
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby jokerttt111 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:41 pm

MT_20 wrote:The Beef is Cavaliers Up big and there is 7 seconds left PR has there Varsity Backs in Cavalier has almost their whole JV in. The game is over cavaliers going to win anyway, PR is in a shotgun set they snap the ball one of our JV linemen goes for the center and as they make contact the gaurd on the right side of the line cuts a 280+ line men with knee problems and tears his MCL. Both PR coachs acted like nothing was wrong with it. (7 seconds left and they cut a JV player). U can see y Cavalier fans would be upset.

Well cavilers coach acted like a madman he should have been fired after the way he acted and i know the guy that did the cutting, the whole game cavilers lineman would hit PR lineman from behind after the play was over and would punch and cheap shot the whole game so i feel sorry for the caviler player but it was lucky noone from PR got hurt from the crap caviler was pulling,but i agree i think we should all get over it but im not goin to let just one side of the story be told.
jokerttt111

Postby Hinsa » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:08 pm

END OF THAT DISCUSSION

Back to Region 2 discussion....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby 7-11 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:13 pm

Early prediction, barring injuries and coaching changes:

1. Larimore
2. Park River
3. Cavalier
4. MayPort
5. Hatton-Nwd
6. Langdon
7-11

Postby Lights Out2 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:39 pm

7-11 wrote:Early prediction, barring injuries and coaching changes:

1. Larimore
2. Park River
3. Cavalier
4. MayPort
5. Hatton-Nwd
6. Langdon

I dont think Larimore will win the region. Yes they have Hager but they dont have a line.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Lights Out2
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:41 am

Lights Out2 wrote:

1. Larimore
2. Park River
3. Cavalier
4. MayPort
5. Hatton-Nwd
6. Langdon

I dont think Larimore will win the region. Yes they have Hager but they dont have a line.

Does anybody in this region have a line?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:26 pm

maybe langdon?? I think maybe they have 3 or 4 lineman back? but they lost everything in the backfield.
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:35 pm

1. Hatton-Northwood
2. Park River
3. May-Port CG
4. Larimore
5. Cavalier
6. Langdon
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby yanksfan18 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:12 pm

ndfan wrote:
Lights Out2 wrote:

1. Larimore
2. Park River
3. Cavalier
4. MayPort
5. Hatton-Nwd
6. Langdon

Does anybody in this region have a line?

Hatton-Northwood should have a pretty big line this year. Michael Moore, Ryan Korsmo, Richard Castillo, and Erik Lee are all easily over 200 pounds and are all very quick for their size. What HN lacks in is depth, but if they are a very well conditioned team they will make some noise at the end of the year.
yanksfan18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Not all those lineman are quick for their size. I'd say the only one worth mentioning for his quickness is Michael Moore. Hatton-Northwood has about 13-15 seniors on the team this year who will be close to filling all 22 positions. Depth is a huge problem, but hopefully they can stay healthy.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to A