Good Freshman 2007 Season

The teams in Class A

Good Freshman 2007 Season

Postby football_lives_on » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good freshman from the 2007 season who will play roles on the varsity for the 2008 season as freshman?

Anyone from Region 2?
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Re: Good Freshman 2007 Season

Postby ndfan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:32 pm

football_lives_on wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows of any good freshman from the 2007 season who will play roles on the varsity for the 2008 season as freshman?

Anyone from Region 2?

You mean Sophomore right?? I've heard a lot of good things up North about Jared Mack who will most likely be the starting quarterback for Cavalier next season. That will be a name to look for the next few years.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby jokerttt111 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:14 pm

IM sorry ndfan but i have to disagree, mack isnt that good hes a lineman tryin to play qb and caviler isnt goin to be good again for a couple years anyway .
jokerttt111

Postby cubsfan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:52 am

I think the best freshman in Region 2 this past season had to be Tyler Ust from MPCG. Look for him to be even better this next season.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:26 pm

jokerttt111 wrote:IM sorry ndfan but i have to disagree, mack isnt that good hes a lineman tryin to play qb and caviler isnt goin to be good again for a couple years anyway .

Well I can't disagree with you because I haven't seen him play much but people I talk to up there think he'll be a pretty good one even if its not at qb.

Ust is a good one he'll be fun to watch, just wish he would play basketball at Mayville and not Hockey.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dru_Askew » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:41 pm

ndfan wrote:
jokerttt111 wrote:IM sorry ndfan but i have to disagree, mack isnt that good hes a lineman tryin to play qb and caviler isnt goin to be good again for a couple years anyway .

Well I can't disagree with you because I haven't seen him play much but people I talk to up there think he'll be a pretty good one even if its not at qb.

Ust is a good one he'll be fun to watch, just wish he would play basketball at Mayville and not Hockey.

I think you should try talking to people FROM Cavalier and people who have had family playing football there for generations... I think you would get a different picture. LONG LIVE Rod Oksendahl!
Dru_Askew

Postby jokerttt111 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:29 am

sorry but no im not from caviler and i dont really want to talk to ppl from there anyway, ive seen mack play football and basketball hes not that good at either one, ppl can be 3rd generation fooball and from caviler but regardless hes still a lineman tryin to be a quarterback.......and towards the subject i dont think u can really judge how good a kid is from his freshman year i think they prove themselves as sophmores maybe next year mack will prove me wrong but so far he hasnt
jokerttt111

Postby MT_20 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:14 pm

jokerttt111 wrote:sorry but no im not from caviler and i dont really want to talk to ppl from there anyway, ive seen mack play football and basketball hes not that good at either one, ppl can be 3rd generation fooball and from caviler but regardless hes still a lineman tryin to be a quarterback.......and towards the subject i dont think u can really judge how good a kid is from his freshman year i think they prove themselves as sophmores maybe next year mack will prove me wrong but so far he hasnt

Jared Mack is a good QB hes got a rocket arm and good accuracy. he is a big boy but cavalier could run a North Border offense because jared is a fullback playing quarter back not a linemen he has the potential to be a great quarter back next year. FYI threw a touchdown pass agaist kinderd in a varsity game to nick askew it was a perfect ball
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:36 pm

It's pretty ridiculous to downplay the talent level of a freshman.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby jokerttt111 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:35 pm

im not down playing anyone but ive seen the kid play and like i said he could easily prove me wrong but i would count on that.
jokerttt111

Postby Big Guy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:26 pm

jokerttt111 when did you see jared play and what do you have against cavalier
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jokerttt111 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:48 am

Ive watched a couple(i think it was grafton and park river) of cavilers games I dont have a problem with mack or caviler( i have my own personal views on there sportsmanship) im just stating facts that mack would more then likely be beter at the line or someone said fullback i just dont see him being to good a qb coming up.i will say this bout caviler tho they know football so maybe mack will prove me wrong like i ve said before he could easily prove me wrong.
jokerttt111

Postby gtown #1 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:05 am

Yeah i know what your talking bout with the sportsmanship i have a couple of buddies on PRs team and after i heard what coach Mack did after there game i wasnt very impressed with caviler, but jared is a good football player he will do just fine at qb if he grows a few inches.
gtown #1

Postby ndfan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:40 am

I won't argue with you guys on sportsmanship up there the last couple of years, is it gonna get better?? I probably doubt it but who knows. I'm just saying Mack could be a good one to watch, I'm not putting him up on that pedestal with the Trenbeaths and Andersons of the world. But if Cavalier wants to win in the next few years he's the guy I think is gonna have to step up. You guys seem to watch football how about give some other names, I didn't intend for this to just bash on the kid.

Also guys if your gonna spell Cavalier can ya at least spell it right?? Its not cavlier. thanks
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Big Guy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:45 pm

park river purposely went for the kids knees on the LAST play of the game
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gtown #1 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:31 pm

im not sure if hes a frshman or sophmore but cody mellend for park river will be a tough lineman coming up for them and eric torkelson for grafton but graftons AA but i listed him anyway.(also line)
gtown #1

Postby letsgosox » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:19 pm

brodie candrian, killdeer. fast and good hands. played alot last year as a freshman
letsgosox

Postby Big Guy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:47 pm

Eric Ricard cavalier hes 215lbs of solid muscle WATCH OUT
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football_lives_on » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:59 pm

Big Guy wrote:Eric Ricard cavalier hes 215lbs of solid muscle WATCH OUT

i think the person who wrote this is from cavalier that is really funny but eric is gonna be a freshman next year
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby football_lives_on » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:09 pm

gtown #1 wrote:im not sure if hes a frshman or sophmore but cody mellend for park river will be a tough lineman coming up for them and eric torkelson for grafton but graftons AA but i listed him anyway.(also line)

eric torkelson is a junior next year
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Guy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:17 pm

ok so maybe hes not quite all muscle but he is a BIG boy
Big Guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dru_Askew » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:28 pm

Big Guy wrote:ok so maybe hes not quite all muscle but he is a BIG boy

I think the Cavalier linemen and running back(s) need to stop posting on their own players... That is assuming Big Guy is a name two kids from the cavalier team use to hide behind. Jared Mack is going to be a good QB by the way, he's got a gun and a nack for the game. Dad's can make good QB's.. Look at Oksendahl and his son Tim.

-Andrew Askew
(a.k.a Dru_AssQ)
Dru_Askew

Postby bus » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:46 pm

gtown #1 wrote:Yeah i know what your talking bout with the sportsmanship i have a couple of buddies on PRs team and after i heard what coach Mack did after there game i wasnt very impressed with caviler, but jared is a good football player he will do just fine at qb if he grows a few inches.

Mack was sticking up for his player that got cut blocked with SEVEN seconds left in the game when PR was down by three touchdowns
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A