State Champs?

The teams in Class A

Re: State Champs?

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:53 pm

Lisbon wont lose to Harvey for the first time ever in school history and lisbon will stop the run if thay can stop mitch ford and drew moch why wouyld u even think they are going to get run on all day the pressure will be on the quarter back and the running game will never show up on this game and if u think Harveys 2 string quarterback will hurt them think again not even justin puritun could do a thing against lisbon
lisbon bronco fan

Postby ND Sports Fan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:10 pm

champs0607 wrote:
ND Sports Fan wrote:
d-stopper45 wrote:HA most of you people are so west biased its rediculous. I don't know how you can compare the east and west when they didn't have any common opponents. Go ahead and keep thinking Harvey is the god of all football teams but I guess we'll have to see come Friday.

How can you not be "west biased". Since switching to the AAA, AA, A format in 1997, a "west" team has won the state championship every single year. That's not bias, that's just cold hard facts.

umm no.. cavalier won 3 sraight championships in 02, 03, and 04 in AA and we're up in the northEAST part of the state. West Fargo has won a few titles in AAA in the past as well(southEAST corner) . and richland(southEAST corner) won 2 years ago in 9-man...check ur facts a little better next time bud

umm, yes.. I wasn't talking about ALL classes, I was talking about just Class A. That is the forum we're on, isn't it? Since the switch the State Champ has either been Velva, Stanley, or Harvey. My facts are just fine "bud".
ND Sports Fan

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:28 pm

lisbon bronco fan wrote:Lisbon wont lose to Harvey for the first time ever in school history and lisbon will stop the run if thay can stop mitch ford and drew moch why wouyld u even think they are going to get run on all day the pressure will be on the quarter back and the running game will never show up on this game and if u think Harveys 2 string quarterback will hurt them think again not even justin puritun could do a thing against lisbon
Yeah, this is from a Lisbon players dad most likely. Hey, we'll see how Harvey's rushing game is when their o-line kills Lisbons defense..Harvey by at least 2 TD's.
baseball1981

Postby 07AF » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:55 pm

Defense
07AF

Postby RonMexico » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:19 pm

Lisbon Bronco Fan,

Trust me when I say Harvey has seen tougher running backs that Ford and Moch. Harvey may be playing their 2nd string QB, but its their linemen that set them apart from the rest, they will be creating havoc all game long on both sides of the ball. Just wait you will see first hand soon enough......

Also for the record I am not from Harvey, nor am I a Harvey fan, just a Class A football fan.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsdude » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:27 pm

I'm going for the big win. Harvey by 3 TDs.

Harvey played a tough defense in NP with their backup QB. And they still won by 13. Harvey is the best team in the state right now and I don't see any reason why that will change in this game.

Also, Harvey's running game doesn't feature one good back, it features two. Once the other team figures out Wolfe's bruising style, they switch to Volk and he can break the big run because he is so quick.
sportsdude

Postby sportsman12 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:42 am

It is great to hear the stong support for both Lisbon and Harvey from across the state. I for one think this will be a very hardfought game and one that will show both sides of the question that these are deserving teams. I say that the point spread will be a touchdown or less either way and the team that wins the battle in the trenches will end up on top. Both lines are very good both ways.

The way the seasons and playoffs are set up, it is hard to gauge the level of play since the teams rarely face the same opponents except in the first few games of the season before league play starts. That is very deceptful since most or all teams will invariably improve over the first few months.

It is also difficult to judge the continuing dominance of any side of the state due to the movement of teams from one level to the next (9-man,A,AA). That is what makes high school football so unpredictable and entertaining.

As far as Harvey seeing running backs tougher than Mock or Ford, that is very debatable as well since you don't know how each team will fair against any running back until they face him. I for one have witnessed Ford and he is a fine back and agreed upon on this forum, one of the top backs in the state.
sportsman12

Postby builttolast » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:30 pm

The Shrine Bowl. Best of the east takes on the best in the west in all classes. Who's won those games?
builttolast

Postby littlepony » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Ok in all honestly do you really think a HONRNET would even affect a BRONCO out in the wild???
Pretty sure this same theory is going down in the dome.
littlepony

Postby 89Dragon » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:27 pm

Yes. FEAR THE SWARM!!
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 07AF » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:14 pm

littlepony wrote:Ok in all honestly do you really think a HONRNET would even affect a BRONCO out in the wild???

No I don't. I don't even know what a HONRNET is.
07AF

Postby ND Sports Fan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:50 pm

littlepony wrote:Ok in all honestly do you really think a HONRNET would even affect a BRONCO out in the wild???

Wow. Is this really going to turn into a debate over who has the tougher mascot? Sad.
ND Sports Fan

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:14 pm

ha ha ha :lol:
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:09 pm

Who would win in a race between da hornet bus and da bronco bus?
baseball1981

Postby luckyinlife » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:09 am

I have to agree with those comments about not giving LIsbon enough credit. What they do well is that they don't make costly mistakes. They also have depth and wear teams downs. For those of you who think this game will be over by halftime, I beg to disagree. Games against Lisbon don't even start until the fourth quarter. That's when they dig in and get down to business.

Win or lose, keep an eye on the RB for Lisbon, Schell. He is good. Great balance, stays low, and runs hard. Rarely does the first tackler bring him down.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:51 pm

Harvey 14 Lisbon 12 at halftime
ndsubball

Postby ndfan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:06 pm

Well all be the first to say I was wrong about Lisbon, they gave Harvey all they could handle in this one. When I said the two best teams played in last weeks game I think Lisbon proved me wrong. But anyway congrats to Harvey on coming back at the end and getting the job done. Great football game all around.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsman12 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:18 pm

What was the final score?
sportsman12

Postby ndfan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:21 pm

sportsman12 wrote:What was the final score?

21-18
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsman12 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:23 pm

ndfan wrote:
sportsman12 wrote:What was the final score?

21-18
Thanks, I am out of the area so couldn't watch it.
sportsman12

Postby cubsfan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:43 pm

Wow what a game! I know some people will disagree with me but Lisbon's head coach gave that game away at the end. They should have punted, although they were given a bad spot, they should have punted. I personally think Lisbon outplayed Harvey, but Harvey made some crucial stops when they needed them, it seemed to me that Harvey wanted it a little more.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsfan56 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:13 pm

This was a great match up. Lisbon played a great game. Lisbon had the advantage with keeping fresh linemen in. You could tell this towards the end of the first already. But Harvey had better play makers and maybe wanted it a bit more. I while I was watching the end of the game i thought Lisbon would have punted it and made Harvey go 80 - 90 yards to win. I don't make a habit of critizing coaches but I think the Lisbon coach wishes he would have that call back. It would have given his kids a better chance to win. Hats of to both teams. What a fun way to take an afternoon off of work and watch good physical footbal.
sportsfan56

Postby number_one_fan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:48 pm

As for Harvey's number one defense, Lisbon put up 341 yards of total offense. It is too bad that the game was determined by a bad spot, oh well. It was a great game played by both sides. Congrats to Harvey. Lisbon actually kind of surprised me by how well they played.
Last edited by number_one_fan on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
number_one_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:09 pm

Oh please do not blame Lisbon losing on the refs. Give me a break.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d-stopper45 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:17 pm

Yeah I agree that you can't blame the refs for losing the game. I think Lisbon did very well considering according to most people the game was going to be over by halftime. Lisbon dominated that game in every aspect from the 2nd Quarter on. They only came out with a touchdown in one out of three trips into the redzone in the 2nd half. That call with 2 min left in the fourth quarter was crucial though; if made correctly the east would have won their first Class A football title. I was sitting on roughly the fifty yardline and it was obvious. A blind man coulda made that call. But I congratulate both teams on great years, they were both very deserving.
d-stopper45

PreviousNext

Return to A