State Champs?

The teams in Class A

Re: State Champs?

Postby d-stopper45 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:52 am

it just happened. threatening people on northdakotapreps...wow you're cool.
d-stopper45

Postby 07AF » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:58 am

K :roll:
07AF

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:14 am

I hate to play the part of the meidator here but this is my opinion and my opinion only. Regardless of the call on 4th and 1, Harvey still had to drive the ball and score the touchdown with about a minute left in the game. I say about a minute because I didn't watch it and don't know the exact amount of time so if it was more than a minute or less hopefully "around a minute" will suffice for the critics. Harvey had the talent to do this with good play calling by the coach and good play execution by the team. Lisbon's defense didn't hold when it needed to and that was the end result of this game. It's unfortuate that it came down to one play perhaps to decide it, but from a fan's viewpoint, what a game to watch. The close ones always make you wish you had done something differenntly to make the difference, and they will make for an awesome rivalry if the two teams should meet again.

For the record I was pulling for Lisbon in this game and was heartbroken for them when Harvey scored in the last few moments of this game. I always like an underdog to win it all. That is why I was happy for Mott- Regent against Napoleon.

Hopefully Lisbon will build on this and not dwell on it. That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby starinthemaking » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:32 pm

Here is the sad thing about this whole argument. Every fan only remember about what happened at the end of the game. Heres a hypothetical situation. If a qb throws a pick in the last couple minutes of a game, its his fault they lost because as fans thats the last thing you remember, but maybe a wr dropped a td earlier in the game.
Ok lets not forget the phantom pass interference call on #10 from harvey earlier in the game. Or lets not forget that Lisbon had the ball inside the 5 yard line earlier in the game and did not convert a score. Even if they would've kicked a fg on the 4th and goal earlier in the game, it would've been no more than an extra point (in terms of distance) and plus now their up by 7 when it comes to the end of the game. According to Lisbon's coach, when they interviewed him at halftime they said they have a good fg kicker. I'm not trying to second guess any of the coach's decisions, what I'm just trying to say is, even if Lisbon's qb picked up the first down at the end of the game, that call wasn't the only decision that affected the games outcome. It was a heck of a game and give credit to both teams for battling. As a fan of class A football don't take anything away from either teams because of what fans believe was the one call that decided the game. Like what other people were saying do you think it was easy for harvey to go down and score 55 yds in 90 seconds. Give credit and move on and take nothing away from the teams, it was a great game.
starinthemaking

Postby LBC » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:08 pm

Exactly
LBC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 21 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:15 pm

07AF wrote:I think it was a good call to go for it. The payoff would have been bigger had they gotten it and the coach would have been a hero. And if Lisbon had punted and Harvey had driven 80 yards and gotten it then he would be the goat for not going for the first because everyone would say they would have gotten it. I think any call he would have made there would have been the right one.

Velva will probly be up there again next year. Not? They are returning alot of players right?

Velva loses 2 seniors from this years team, 1 lineman who has only played two years and 1 WR/DB, their strength is definitely in their underclassmen, very good junior class Look Out!
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 7-11 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:41 am

starinthemaking wrote:Here is the sad thing about this whole argument. Every fan only remember about what happened at the end of the game. Heres a hypothetical situation. If a qb throws a pick in the last couple minutes of a game, its his fault they lost because as fans thats the last thing you remember, but maybe a wr dropped a td earlier in the game.
Ok lets not forget the phantom pass interference call on #10 from harvey earlier in the game. Or lets not forget that Lisbon had the ball inside the 5 yard line earlier in the game and did not convert a score. Even if they would've kicked a fg on the 4th and goal earlier in the game, it would've been no more than an extra point (in terms of distance) and plus now their up by 7 when it comes to the end of the game. According to Lisbon's coach, when they interviewed him at halftime they said they have a good fg kicker. I'm not trying to second guess any of the coach's decisions, what I'm just trying to say is, even if Lisbon's qb picked up the first down at the end of the game, that call wasn't the only decision that affected the games outcome. It was a heck of a game and give credit to both teams for battling. As a fan of class A football don't take anything away from either teams because of what fans believe was the one call that decided the game. Like what other people were saying do you think it was easy for harvey to go down and score 55 yds in 90 seconds. Give credit and move on and take nothing away from the teams, it was a great game.

Games may be won with one play, but they are never lost with only one. It's just a question on which play you want to lay the blame, and who fans want to pick on as the goat, whether it's a player, a coach, or an official. This was the best playoff game this year at all levels, and the way they should be, not blow-outs. I'm not a fan of either team, but my hat is off to everyone of them for giving us a show.
7-11

Previous

Return to A